main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lost and Found: A Skywalker family AU, New chapter, 12/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kristeh, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Ooooo! This is so interesting!!! I can't wait to find out more!!!!!

2. BroodingLion

BroodingLion Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2004
    HA! I knew you were writing something else. Off to a marvelous start as always, kristeh. It'll be interesting to see how this Anakin turns out...

3. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Hi, all,

LukeAnaSkywalker: Thank you!
    Looks like the impossible just happened as far as Owen is concerned. Isn't he in for a surprise when Anakin comes waltzing in with Luke.

Yeah, I'd like to see the look on Owen's face then!

anakin_girl: Thank you!
    And I hope Anakin doesn't go too hard on the Lars.

He won't be pleased at first, but maybe when he hears their reasoning, he'll understand.

Btw, I love your sig. That's one of my favorite Bible verses. I had it in mine for a long time. :)

Laura_Anu: Thank you! :)

BroodingLion: HA! I knew you were writing something else.

Ooops, guess the secret's out of the bag! :p Seriously, thank you, and I'm glad you're here! I'm interested in seeing how this story goes, too. I know the main parts, but it feels so strange to be writing something completely unrelated to my series. It's fun, too, though! :)

Thank you, everyone, and look for chapter 2 tomorrow!

Kristeh

4. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Well, I just finished the second chapter! A little late, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway. :)

Kristeh

Lost and Found Chapter 2

It couldn?t be.

Luke was as breathless and stunned as if he?d suffered a blow to the solar plexus. For a moment, it seemed as if the world were spinning wildly on its axis, and he felt so dizzy he was sure he would fall. Then he managed to draw a shaky breath, and discovered that he was still standing on his own two feet, and that the man was gazing at him in concern.

?No,? Luke whispered. ?My father?s dead.? He shook his head and repeated, ?My father?s dead.?

He couldn?t stay there any longer, facing this stranger who was so familiar, so comforting, and yet somehow threatening all at once. He couldn?t bear the look in the man?s eyes-something needy and longing, demanding more from Luke than he could give. He couldn?t bear the turmoil in his own heart.

Desperately, Luke jerked away from the stranger-his father?-and ran. His first thought was to go home, to find Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen, and then everything would be all right. They would protect him from this crazy man who couldn?t possibly be who he claimed to be. They would reassure him of the truth, and everything would settle down again.

But the homestead was too far away. And the stranger was already coming after him. Luke could hear his footsteps pounding on the sand. There was no way he could get away or hide. A sharp stab of fear made Luke stumble and fall to his knees. He braced himself, knowing the man would easily catch up now, waiting for the strong arms to grip him.

But the man stopped too, just out of reach, and spoke in a surprisingly gentle voice. ?I?m sorry, Luke. I didn?t mean to frighten or upset you. That?s the last thing I would ever want to do. Please believe that, even if you don?t believe anything else I?ve said. Are you all right??

Glancing down, Luke could see dust on his blue shirt and a small crimson stain on the knees of his gray pants, but he thought it was just a minor scrape. Warily, he looked up and nodded.

The man looked as if he were about to point out the cuts, but then he only nodded and seemed to force himself to step backwards, giving Luke a little more space between them as the boy climbed to his feet and faced him.

?I really am sorry. It never occurred to me that you wouldn?t know who I am,? He took a deep breath. ?Are Owen and Beru Lars still here??

?Yeah, they?re my aunt and uncle,? Luke said in a small voice.

?Can you take me to them?? The man asked, turning back towards his speeder.

Luke hesitated. ?Aunt Beru says never get in a speeder with a stranger.?

The man paused, and in spite of everything, Luke almost thought he was amused for just an instant. It would be much later when he himself could look back and recognize the incongruity of the situation. If the man had intended to harm him, they were out in the middle of nowhere, with no one else in sight. Refusing to get in the speeder was inconsequential.

But when the stranger turned around, he was perfectly serious.

?All right. We?ll walk.?

?Anakin!? Beru?s eyes grew as big as saucers when she came to the door and saw the two of them. She reached out to him with trembling hands, but whether she was welcoming him or refusing him was impossible to say.

Watching her, Luke suddenly knew that the man had been telling the truth. This man was Anakin Skywalker. This man was his father. But that meant they?d lied to him. And he didn?t know what was going to happen now.

The same overwhelming wave of fear and confusion washed over him again, even stronger because now he couldn?t deny the truth, and he didn?t know what was going to become of him.

But there was an escape this time, and with a strangled cry, Luke ran down the hall to his room and slammed the door. Through the walls he could hear tense voices, but couldn?t make out the words. He didn?t care. He didn?t even want to he

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    there is a possibility they are alive. *sees silver lining* Luke will say yes of course. How could he not? I can't wait to see what happens next.

6. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thank you, RebelMom! :)

7. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    They have to be alive.... Please!!!

Good chapter :)

8. LukeAnaSkywalker

LukeAnaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Starts grinnng from ear to ear. And, the adventure begins!

9. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Oh, poor Ani! Comes home after ten years only to discover that his wife and daughter are most likely dead. I'll bet Luke goes with him.

10. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Neat idea for a story. I can't wait to see what happens next!

JS

11. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I would like to put in a request to keep Padme and Leia alive. If you're taking requests, that is. A great story and a wonderful update!

12. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    LaYa: Thank you!
    They have to be alive.....Please!!!

We shall see, we shall see.... :D

LukeAnaSkywalker: Thank you!
    And the adventure begins!

Hang on, here we go! :p

mixza: Thanks! Yes, poor Ani. He needs a [:D] .

I'll bet Luke goes with him.

I'll bet he does, too! ;)

Jazz_Skywalker: Thank you! I'm happy you're enjoying it.

AnakinsHeir: Thank you! I do already have the main events of the story planned, but I am a sucker for a happy ending. ;)

Thanks again, everyone! [face_love] I'll try to post ch. 3 in a couple of days.

Kristeh

13. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    The father/son bonding scenes between Anakin and Luke are just so adorable despite the gravity of the situation. I'm a sucker for Skywalker family fics so I can't help squealing over this fic.

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I have to say I am impressed with the way Anakin handled the situation. He must be devestated to learn about Padme and Leia, yet he is holding himself together quite well, I imagine for Luke's benefit. I am sure Luke will agree to go with his father. I'll bet Owen will have a word or two to say about the situation.

Another great post, kristeh. :)

15. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    I've catched up reading. Very nice Kristeh, I'm a bit tired, so I can't write a good review, sorry about that.
    Just hoping Leia and Padme are still alive.
    [face_love]

16. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    jade_angel: Thank you! :) I love writing the father/son relationship between Anakin and Luke.

Gina: Thank you! You're right, Anakin is trying to be strong for Luke's sake. After all, he knows that Luke's got a lot to deal with even without his newly found father all caught up with grief and rage. He may also be in shock a little bit. The full impact of his loss may hit him later.

Pelly: Thank you! Hope you had a great vacation! :)

Kristeh

17. LittleLeia56

LittleLeia56 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2003
    great story!

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Oooh, I just found this. I love Skywalker family fics. Let Padme and Leia be alive... [face_praying]

Poor Anakin, he doesn't get to be with his family for ten years and then comes home to find his wife and little girl gone... :(

I can't wait for the next chapter!

19. Blaster144

Blaster144 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    Hmm. I wonder how Owen is going to explain not telling Luke about his family? Should be very interesting.

See ya.

20. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Hmmmm...just upping this! :)

21. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Hi, everyone,

LittleLeia56: Thank you! I'm happy you like it!

rhonderoo: Thank you! I love Skywalker family stories, too! Especially AUs that let them have a happier ending. :)

Blaster144: Thank you!
    I wonder how Owen is going to explain not telling Luke about his family?

More about that in chapter 3. I hope it'll make sense.

BrownEyes_Blue: Thank you!

Okay, I'm going to try to post chapter 3 tomorrow. My children go back to school, and I'll have 6 whole hours all to myself!!! [face_dancing]

Actually, I have mixed feelings about school starting. I enjoy my kids, and my little girl is beginning kindergarten and she's nervous. My heart goes out to her. But then I think about having 6 whole hours all to myself and I just get giddy with excitement!

Kristeh

22. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Yay! New chapter coming! Are we going to get some good father/son mush?
    Lots of love to your little girl! I'm sure she'll have a nice time. :*@Kristeh's daughter.

23. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thanks, Pelly . I hope she's having a good day. She was a little upset when I left this morning, but I waited in the hallway for a few minutes and peeked back in and she seemed all right then. And nothing too mushy between Anakin and Luke yet. They are still getting to know each other, but just give it a little time.

Here's ch. 3. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Kristeh

Lost and Found Chapter 3

?I-, I don?t know,? Luke stammered. ?Will Uncle Owen let me??

Anakin couldn?t help feeling a twinge of pain at the question. I?m his father, not Owen. But he knew he was being unfair. Owen and Beru had raised Luke for all of his life. It was only natural that he would consider them his ?parents? and it was right that he would be concerned for them. Still, he couldn?t help wishing for a greater show of enthusiasm on Luke?s part, however unrealistic it might be to expect it so early.

He swallowed his disappointment, though, and just said, ?This is your decision, Luke. If you want to come, your aunt and uncle will agree. If you want to stay here until I come back, that?s all right, too.?

He paused, then added, ?I know you?ve had a lot thrown at you today. Maybe you?d like a little time to think it over??

Luke nodded. ?Yes, please.? He sat back, drew his legs up to his chest with his arms wrapped around them, and rested his forehead on his knees. He looked so young and vulnerable that it brought a lump to Anakin?s throat, and he had to fight the almost overwhelming paternal urge to take his son in his arms and hold him tight.

But it was too soon for that, Anakin knew. Luke needed time to adjust, to get to know his father. Trying to push him into an instant rapport would only cause problems.

So he made himself hold back and only said, ?Owen and Beru would like to talk with you when you?re ready. They?re in the living room.?

Luke hesitated, then uncurled and stood up. ?Are you coming, too??

Anakin shook his head. ?I think they?d like to talk with you alone right now. I?ll stay here, if you don?t mind.?

?Okay.? Luke started to go, but at the doorway he turned around and asked in a small voice, ?What?s going to happen after the trip to Naboo? Am I going to live here, or with you??

With me, of course! Anakin bit back the automatic response and said slowly, ?We have a lot to work out, but I promise we?ll try to arrange it so you can still see all of us. All right??

Luke nodded and then he was gone. Anakin took a shuddery breath. Whenever he?d dreamed of returning to his family, he?d always imagined it as an ecstatically joyous occasion. He?d never dared to think that any harm might have befallen them. He?d never have believed that his son wouldn?t know him, had never considered the fact that Luke would have bonded so with the Lars.

Now all his dreams had turned to ashes, as they always did, it seemed. All at once the losses were more than Anakin could bear, and now that Luke had gone, he didn?t have to be strong. He flung himself across the small bed, pounded the pillow a few times in mingled despair and anger, then gave in to the harsh sobs that racked his body as he grieved for his lost family.

Luke stepped uncertainly into the living room, his eyes downward cast and refusing to meet his guardians? gaze. He was angry until Aunt Beru said softly, ?Oh, honey, we?re so sorry. Can you ever forgive us??

Then he looked up into her blue eyes, similar to his own but a darker blue, and saw that they were brimming with tears. Almost to his own surprise, he began to cry himself, and ran into her arms as he had done when he was little and had been hurt or upset.

She hugged him, and they wept together for a little while. After a few minutes, Owen crossed over to the sofa and sat on Luke?s other side. In a rare show of affection, he took his wife and nephew in his arms and held them close. For a few minutes, Luke took comfort from their nearness. It was just the three of them, just a

24. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Wow! That was another great post! The talk with Owen and Beru were wonderful. And I can certainly understand the Lars for not wanting to let Luke go with Anakin, but he is Anakin's son. That must be hard for all of them. :( It is up to Luke...but Luke is a Skywalker...he will go with his father, methinks. ;)

25. BroodingLion

BroodingLion Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2004
    Nice dramatic turn-to-see-who's-at-the-door moment at the end of that last post; I always like those. Watching Anakin deal with his anger is always interesting, too.

Luke is more forgiving than I would be, but then, Anakin has enough frustration for the both of them ;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.