main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lost and Found: A Skywalker family AU, New chapter, 12/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kristeh, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Oops, missed a chapter! I loved the meeting between Anakin and Owen & Beru. Poor Ani...thought he was coming to a joyful family reunion and finds that half his family is gone. :( (I'm still hoping that might not really be the case. ;) I know you, kristeh, you l'il softie! :D )

I think the explanation of why they didn't tell Luke the truth was very plausible and we all know how hard it is for most 10 year olds, Luke in particular, to keep their mouths shut!

I loved that last scene...I could really feel Anakin's anguish. At least Owen and Beru still have each other. Anakin will have no one without Luke.

Good luck with your daughter starting kindergarten. My son started 1st grade on the 5th and he is so excited because now he's a 'big boy' and not a baby anymore! [face_laugh] You do miss them but it is so nice to have that time to yourself, isn't it?

2. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Wow, what great family moments, so very poignent. Has my heart twisting for all four of them. And what a predicament Luke's in now, yeesh it's like having to choose who you like best, your mom or your dad. Maybe they'll just all live on Tatooine as one big happy family once Anakin goes to Naboo and finds Padme and Leia! ...I hope. :(

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    some intense emotional moments in that post. I felt sorry for all of them.

4. LittleLeia56

LittleLeia56 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2003
  5. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Aaaw. That was really sad. *sniffles*

Oh-oh..it seems like Anakin, Beru and Owen still need to have some...conversations..before everything is set. I hope Luke's not going to be "stuck in the middle". This could get very interesting.

Nice to hear your little girl had a nice time at kindergarten :)

6. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    BrownEyes_Blue: Thank you! You're right, it is a hard situation for everyone. And Luke will make his decision in the next chapter.

BroodingLion: Thanks! Those "surprise!-someone's-at-the-door" scenes are fun, aren't they?

Luke is more forgiving than I would be, but then, Anakin has enough frustration for the both of them

I had to grin at that. Well said! But poor Anakin does have reason to be upset, don't you think?

kayladie: Thanks!
    Oops, missed a chapter That's okay. I'm still eagerly awaiting more on your story, btw, hint, hint. ;)

Poor Ani, he does seem to have a rough time whatever Universe he's in, doesn't he?

I know you, kristeh, you l'il softie!

Ah, you know me too well!

Good luck with your son in 1st grade, too. He's right between my two-my son's just started 2nd grade.

jade_angel: Thank you! I love the Blazing Suns site, btw. You and Kitt do an awesome job with it. It was one of the first sites that posted my stories.

Yeah, Luke is in a tough position. I wanted to show that whatever he does, it wouldn't be an easy decision for him.

RebelMom: Thank you! :)

LittleLeia56: Thank you! Yeah, it was kind of a sad chapter, but all's well that ends well, you know.

Pelly: Thank you! [face_love]

Thank you, everyone!

Kristeh

7. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    This is a wonderful AU! I just found it, and can't wait for more!

8. LukeAnaSkywalker

LukeAnaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Oh, you're writing a hard chapter. That was great. You did a very good job on capturing the anguish between all parties. Any decision Luke makes is going to be a hard one. And, it's going to be hard on certain people. Hopefully, this time he'll chose Anakin. It might be safer for everyone if he went with that one. Though, it will break Beru and Owen's hearts.

Swallows hard. Taps monitor tentatively. Grimaces. By the way,where is Obi-Wan in all of this?

9. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Now all his dreams had turned to ashes, as they always did, it seemed. All at once the losses were more than Anakin could bear, and now that Luke had gone, he didn?t have to be strong. He flung himself across the small bed, pounded the pillow a few times in mingled despair and anger, then gave in to the harsh sobs that racked his body as he grieved for his lost family.

Nooo! Poor Ani. At least Owen and Beru have each other.

10. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm still eagerly awaiting more on your story, btw, hint, hint.

[face_beatup] This is me, trying to write chapter 17...

[face_hypnotized] This is me, after I finally got it done...

[-o| This is me, hoping Kazzy doesn't tell me it's a total pile of bantha poodoo, cause I don't think I could try to rewrite it! :p

As I told Kazzy, I think Luke and co. must have gone on strike, because none of them wanted to cooperate with me! [face_frustrated]

But it's with my lovely beta, so hopefully not long. :D

11. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Dally: Thank you! I'm going to try to post ch. 4 by Tuesday.

LukeAnaSkywalker: Thanks, yeah, it was a hard chapter. They're all in a difficult situation and somebody's going to be hurt no matter what. :(

Obi-Wan is helping to get the Jedi Order going again. But don't worry, he'll show up later on. This story is going to be fairly long so there's still plenty of time for him to make his appearance. :)

mixza: Thank you!
    At least Owen and Beru have each other.

Yes, and that is something Luke will consider when making his decision.

kayladie: Awww! It's tough when the characters don't work with you. But I'm sure it'll be wonderful! :)

Here's me reading the new chapter! [face_dancing]

Thanks again, everyone!

Kristeh

12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Luke sighed and stood up. ?I?m going to go out to the garage. I think I?d like to be alone for a while if it?s all right.

Like father, like son. ;) I love how you showed this similarity (working with things when troubled) between Anakin and Luke.

That was a powerful exchange between Anakin and the Lars family. Both have valid arguments and concerns, but if they do not tread carefully, they could all damage their relationship with Luke.

This was a powerful post, kristeh.

Hope your daughter is enjoying kindergarten. I know how you feel. My boys start kindergarten tomorrow. They're excited about it. I'm the one who's not ready.

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    DRL finally let me read this story and I am really enjoying it! Looking forward to the next chapter. :)

14. BroodingLion

BroodingLion Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2004
    But poor Anakin does have reason to be upset, don't you think?

Oh, certainly. I've always found anger an understandable emotion, and this is a special case for exemption from the usual standards of the Jedi Order if there ever was one.

Lookin' forward to the next chapter!

15. Calen2kk

Calen2kk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Anakin could just wipe their minds of Luke and then leave! ... or not.

more soon!

16. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Gina: Thanks! :)
    I love how you showed this similarity(working with things when troubled) between Anakin and Luke.

Thanks again. Definitely lots of similarities between those two, but also some crucial differences.

Hope your boys had a great day at school! It's tougher on moms, I think.

Jedi Trace: Thank you! I'm so happy you like it! :)

BroodingLion: Thanks, yeah, Anakin certainly was an exception to the rules!

Calen2kk: Thank you, and welcome! A mind-wipe, mmm? Interesting idea.... [face_devil]

Well, as usual, I'm a little behind schedule. I'm halfway through chapter 4, and I hope to finish it later on tonight. May not be til tomorrow, though.

Thanks again, everyone!

Kristeh

17. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Funny, this was supposed to be a short transition chapter, but it ended up being one of the longest yet. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Kristeh

Lost and Found Chapter 4

?But he?s my son,? Anakin repeated. ?He belongs with me.?

Owen was on his feet in a flash. ?What, you think he doesn?t belong with us? After ten years? After all we?ve done for him? That boy belongs just as much to us! Maybe more, whether you like it or not!?

Anakin?s eyes grew dark and his fists clenched. For a moment, it was all he could do not to strike his step-brother. But then Beru stepped between them, her own eyes blazing.

?Stop, both of you,? she commanded, her voice quiet, but firm. ?Luke is a person, not a possession. We all love him and want what?s best for him, don?t we??

The two men slowly broke their gazes from each other to her, and then almost reluctantly nodded.

?Then let?s sit down and try to discuss this calmly.? Beru waited until Anakin and Owen had taken seats on opposite sides of the room before going back to sit on the sofa beside her husband.

Despite the invitation for discussion, a heavy silence fell over them all. Owen studied his hands in single-minded concentration. Anakin leaned forward, elbows resting on his knees, his face partially hidden, and ran a hand through his wavy hair. Beru simply struggled to find the courage to say what she knew needed to be said.

Finally she spoke up, ?Anakin, we know Luke is your son. Believe me, I?ve laid awake many nights dreading the time when we would have to give him up.?

Owen made an angry sound, but Beru gripped his hand. ?Please let me finish. Then if the two of you want to beat each other to a pulp, I?m not going to waste my time trying to stop you. But surely you can both see that for us to be enemies would be putting a terrible burden on that little boy.?

Owen squeezed her hand in silent consent, while Anakin briefly looked up, nodded once, and then dropped his head back into his hands.

Beru took a deep breath and turned to her husband. ?Owen, you yourself gave the best reason for us to let Luke go a few minutes ago. We are the only parents Luke knows, but that just isn?t right. When Anakin left his family in our care, it was always with the understanding that they would be reunited when he came back. We knew that when we took them in.?

?Even more, Luke needs to get to know his father. If we try to prevent that, it?s only going to lead to resentment and anger and heartbreak. The only way we can hold onto Luke is to let him go now.?

Owen seemed to be struggling against himself before he could look over at Anakin and say hoarsely, ?Let Luke decide. Don?t take him if he doesn?t choose to go. That?s all I ask.? Abruptly, he stood and left the room.

Beru also started to leave, but as she walked by Anakin she paused and whispered, ?I am truly sorry about Padme and Leia.? Then she disappeared down the hall into the kitchen.

For a long while, Anakin simply sat there, his emotions so jumbled and turbulent, he scarcely knew how he felt. Finally he got to his feet and started out to look for his son, but he must have taken a wrong turn because instead of heading for the garage, where he sensed the boy?s presence, he ended up at the kitchen doorway.

Beru was standing at the counter, her shoulders bent and shaking with silent sobs. Anakin suddenly realized what it must have cost her to speak so in the living room, to give him permission to take the child she loved as her own, and couldn?t help feeling as if he had stabbed her through the heart.

Slowly, feeling guilty at intruding on her private grief, he came up beside her and awkwardly placed his hand on her shoulder.

?I promised Luke he could still see all of us,? he told her in a voice rough with emotion. ?We?ll work something out.?

She nodded and whispered, ?Thank you.?

Luke sat at the workbench in the garage, repairing some broken power converters for the vaporators on the south r

18. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I knew it! I knew he would go with Anakin. I feel a little sorry for Owen and Beru, but they'll probably see Luke again. I wonder what Anakin and Luke will find on Naboo...

19. LukeAnaSkywalker

LukeAnaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Anakin had better take care of him. If he doesn't I get the sneaking feeling that Owen will quit the farm for an extended trip to kill him. The man may be hard to live with, but he certainly has his family high on his priority list. I'm sure that if he lived in the Original Trilogy, the Empire would have been hearing from him. Loud and frequently.

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Nice chapter! I loved the scene where Anakin and Luke are working on the power converters together in the garage. Very touching. :)

21. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    My fave scene also. ;) Great chapter, Kristeh!

22. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Awwwww...this was a great chapter...I loved it! The interaction between Anakin and Luke were wonderful. It's so sweet to see those father and son moments between them because in the canon Star Wars world, they never got that. :_| And yes, Anakin will take care of Luke, he's all the family that Anakin has left (still hoping that Padme and Leia are still alive).

Can't wait to see how their trip to Naboo goes and what awaits them there.

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great job showing everybody's emotions. I feel sorry for Owen and Beru, but as long as they know they'll see Luke again, I think they'll be okay.

24. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    That was very good :). Luke is a lot like Anakin: the way Luke was thinking about how much he wanted to visit all those other planets was a lot like Anakin in epI.
    I liked them working on the power converters, that's the way it should have been (even though I love Vader).
    Good thing Beru was there to stop Anakin and Owen from really hurting each other. ("men..." ;))
    O, Anakin will take very good care of Luke :)

25. BroodingLion

BroodingLion Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2004
    ?Guess it?s going to take some time for us to get used to each other,? Anakin remarked.

Luke shook his head. ?I don?t think it will take very long.?

I loved that line! Great chapter; I like how it wasn't too "easy" for Anakin to get things to work out more or less his way. Though I can't help but wonder if something's gonna happen that won't make Owen particularly happy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.