main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lost and Found: A Skywalker family AU, New chapter, 12/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kristeh, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    *sniffles*

That was such a touching chapter, very bittersweet. On the one hand, Luke gets to be with his father and on the other he has to leave his parents! How horrible! But still, very great writing. Luke's farewell to his guardians was a nice parallel to Anakin and Shmi.

Also, it seems that Luke's portraying some Force sensitivity already, though it could be coincidence. That's twice now that he's able to sense his father, but then again, sensing when a person is behind you isn't too much of a feat... blargh. Anyway, great post, I can't wait to read more. :)

2. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003

mixza: Thank you!
    I wonder what Anakin and Luke will find on Naboo...

Well, we'll find out in a couple of chapters. I can say that Naboo isn't the only place they'll visit, though. :D

LukeAnaSkywalker: Thanks! I completely agree with your assessment of Owen, too. In case it hasn't already come through loud and clear in this story, I really love Owen and Beru. They're such good people. It's always just so sad for me to know that they died in ANH. I've made it my mission in life to give them a happier future in my fanfics, lol. :)

Jedi Trace: Thank you! That scene was fun to write. Of course, I always enjoy writing Luke and Anakin.

rhonderoo: Thank you! I'm happy you liked it!

BrownEyes_Blue: Thanks!
    It's so sweet to see those father and son moments between them because in the canon Star Wars world, they never got that.

Oh, you just pushed all the right buttons with me! :p Actually, that's why I started writing fanfics in the first place. I've always been fascinated by the father/son relationship between Anakin and Luke, and with Anakin's redemption.

Although I understand why GL had Anakin die at the end of RotJ, I've always wished that he could have survived and been able to have a real relationship with his children. :(

RebelMom: Thank you! Even I felt sorry for Owen and Beru here, and I know they've got a happy ending waiting for them. :p

Pelly: Thank you! I was trying to draw some similarities between Anakin and Luke and their experiences here, so I'm really happy you noticed.

BroodingLion: Thank you! Yeah, it was a tough position for them all, even Anakin who never expected to have to feel guilty about wanting to be with his son.

jade_angel: Thank you!
    Luke's farewell to his guardians was a nice parallel to Anakin and Shmi.

Yay! That was another similarity I wanted to show. :)

Also, it seems that Luke's portraying some Force sensitivity already,

Yep, he sure is. I think he was always strong in the Force and maybe could sort 'tap into it' unconsciously at times, although of course he wouldn't realize it. That Force ability is something Anakin will begin working on with him soon.

Thank you, everyone! [face_love]

Kristeh

3. Blaster144

Blaster144 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    Well, Ani is taking his son with him on the search for answers. Here's hoping that they find ones that they can live with. You can sometimes feel that you were better off not knowing something than knowing.

4. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved this. My favorite chapter so far. You packed so much into this post. The tension between Anakin, Owen and Beru at the beginning was palpable. Beru's ability to put aside her own desire to keep Luke with her just reinforces the strength of her character. Especially liked the way Anakin and Luke bonded in the garage working on the parts. The goodbye was so touching.

Great job!

5. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That was beautiful. Everyone's emotions are very believable and real. I hope there will be more soon!

6. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Wonderful chapter, kristeh! I loved the way you showed how much all three adults really love Luke and how they all want what's best for him. But it is good that Beru was there as the voice of reason, isn't it? ;)

I loved the scene with Luke and Anakin working on the power converters. Just a lovely father/son moment that we'll never get to see. Boy, I sure am glad we have fan fic writers like you to handle this for us! :D

I adored the scene at the end where Luke goes to hug Owen and Beru and then they watch the dust trail of the speeder as it disappears...just really heartwarming and sad at the same time!

I can't wait to see what happens when they get to Naboo. And you did say Obi-Wan was going to show back up in this, didn't you? I can imagine that Anakin is going to have some anger and resentment for his former Master, as the blame for Leia's and Padme's deaths could be on Kenobi's shoulders. At least, from a 'certain point of view'! ;)

More soon!

7. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thank you, Blaster144, Gina, Dally, and kayladie!

I'm sorry I've let the story go so long without an update, but I've had Olympic fever for the past few days. :p Been spending my free time watching the Games instead of writing. Shame on me! [face_shame_on_you]

But I did finally finish chapter 5, and I know it's a little short, but it was a good stopping point. I'll try to post again by Friday.

Hope y'all enjoy it! :)

Kristeh

Lost and Found Chapter 5

A tear slipped down Luke?s cheek, and he furtively ducked his head and wiped it away. For several reasons that he wasn?t even consciously aware of, he didn?t want his father to see how upset he was. For one, it was ridiculous to be crying over leaving home when it had been his own decision, and he didn?t want to make Anakin feel bad.

For another, he was nearly eleven. Surely that was too old to be in tears just because of a little homesickness. Anakin had been patient and understanding with him so far, but Luke didn?t want his father to think he was a crybaby.

Fortunately, Anakin was driving at a dizzying pace and the wind whipped against their faces so that any tears could be attributed to that, at least Luke hoped. He turned his head slightly away and feigned great interest in the unchanging landscape of sand and sky.

Beside him, Anakin glanced over at the boy and longed to alleviate the sadness he could sense in his son?s heart. He wished he could give Luke a hug, but he had to drive, and he wasn?t sure if the boy would welcome such closeness from someone who was still practically a stranger. Instead, he cast about for some comforting words.

?It hurts, doesn?t it? Leaving the ones you love. I was nine when I had to leave my mother and go away with people who were strangers to me. I?ll always remember how lonely and sad I felt.?

Luke couldn?t help being curious. He turned back to look at Anakin. ?Why did you have to leave her??

?Well, actually, it was my choice, but I thought it would be the best thing for both of us. You see, we were slaves in Mos Espaa. Did your aunt and uncle tell you that much??

Luke shook his head. ?Just that my grandmother was from there. They didn?t tell me you were,? he paused.

?Slaves,? Anakin finished for him. ?Well, we were. We belonged to a Toydarian named Wattoo. He owned a junk shop, and one day we had some most unusual visitors.?

He quietly finished the tale of how he had been liberated by the Jedi, but how that freedom had come at the terrible cost of having to leave his beloved mother behind

?Did you ever see her again?? Luke asked.

Anakin was quiet for so long Luke thought he might not answer, but then his father spoke in a low voice, ?Very briefly. Just before she died.?

?Oh,? Luke tried to think of something appropriate to say, but all he could come up with was a simple, ?I?m sorry.?

?It was a very difficult time,? Anakin drew a deep breath to collect himself again. He was surprised at himself for even skirting this issue. For fourteen years he had kept the memories of Shmi?s death and the resulting horror relentlessly buried. Now he resolutely pushed them away again and turned his concentration back to the sandy-haired child beside him.

?I just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel. It?s terrible to miss someone you love. It?s like there?s a big empty space in your heart.?

?Yeah, that?s exactly like it is,? Luke said in a small voice. His chin wobbled and Anakin realized he needed to divert the boy again quickly.

?Have you ever been to Mos Eisley, Luke??

Luke sniffed and shook his head.

?That makes two of us then. But I imagine it?s a lot like Mos Espaa. Things are supposed to be better now that the Hutts have left, but I?m sure there are still some dangerous characters. I want you to stay close to me, all right??

?I will.? Luke wondered about these dangerous characters, but Anakin had been a Jedi Knight and a Rebel hero. Luke was sure he?d be safe as long as his father was nearby. He remembered somet

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Poor kid. It is hard to leave home for the first time. :( But it was nice that Anakin could empathize.

And you stopped there.... [face_worried]

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    :eek: I hope the "kid" or someone saves him in time!!! Great chapter Kristeh!

10. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I found this fic a few days ago and am very much enjoying it.

Cliffee!! [face_worried]

Turn around Anakin, Luke needs some intervention right about now.

Can't wait for the next post! :)

11. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    *gasp* *growl* *squirm* Aaargh! Cliffie! Is "that kid" (Han! :D) going to save him? Please?
    Poor little Luke :(, good thing Anakin knows exactly what he's feeling.
    Excellent update :)

12. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Arg... cliffie! But that's okay, with his father there I know Luke will be just fine. :)

13. Blaster144

Jul 28, 2003
    Uh Oh. Hope Ani noticed that Luke wasn't with him. I also hope that if Luke gets hurt that Everone's Health Insurance is paid up....Their going to need it.

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It is quite obvious why you stopped there. :\

Poor Luke, trying to be grown up but still a child. It is tough for someone so young to leave home. At least his father can relate.

15. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Man, what is it with you and putting Lukie in mortal danger? :p ;) I'm betting that the 'young man' will save Luke, or at least I hope he will!

I loved Luke's feelings of sadness at leaving the only home he's ever known. But then he feels like he shouldn't cry because he's too old for that. (Sounds like my son..."I'm not a baby, mom, I'm a big boy!" [face_laugh] )

You write the emotions and observations of a ten year old very well. I love the little bit with Luke noticing that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon rhyme...that is so something that a kid would pick up on!

And I see that Anakin does hold some bitterness for Obi-Wan. I see trouble ahead!

Can't wait for more! :D

16. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Jedi Trace: Thank you!
    It is hard to leave home for the first time.

Oh, you should have seen me when I first left home. And I was considerably older than Luke is here. [face_blush]

rhonderoo: Thank you!
    I hope the "kid" or someone saves him in time!

Don't worry, you know someone will. Or else it would be a very short, very sad story. :D

Bekah_K: Thank you!
    I found this fic a few days ago and am very much enjoying.

I'm really happy you did! :)

Pelly: Thank you!
    Poor little Luke, good thing Anakin knows exactly what he's feeling.

Yeah, I wanted it to be a way for them to grow closer, since Anakin can really empathize.

mixza: Thank you!
    ...with his father there I know Luke will be just fine.

Oh, yeah, Anakin would definitely die himself before letting any harm come to Luke.

Blaster144: Thank you! Owen and Beru would be most unhappy if something happened to their nephew, wouldn't they?

RebelMom: Thank you!

I was hoping for this to be one way father and son can grow closer. Anakin would understand better than anyone how Luke feels.

kayladie: Thank you!
    Man, what is it with you and putting Lukie in mortal danger?

Well, it keeps you interested, doesn't it? :p And I always let it work out in the end, don't I? I must have a happy ending at all costs, you know.

I'm glad you think young Luke is believable. I've never written a child as a main character before, and I was very hesitant. I did teach 3rd grade for eight years, and I still like to re-read my old books from when I was growing up (It's hard to beat the Narnia books! [face_love] ) so maybe that helps.

Not to mention that my husband has remarked on more than one occasion that on the inside I'm only about twelve years old. :p

And sorry, I forgot to answer your earlier question. Yes, Obi-Wan will appear later on. I want Anakin and him to make their peace with one another by the end.

Thank you, everyone!

Kristeh

17. Blaster144

Jul 28, 2003
    They have to beat Ani to the ones who do. Just imagine what he can do to them if Luke gets hurt. Ani has gotten better at controling his temper, but wouldn't that set him off?

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Lovely chapters :)

And the end of this last one... [face_worried] Yeah, I'm worried!

19. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Another great chapter! But what a cliffhanger. I hope you post more soon!

20. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Excellent conversation betweeen Luke and Anakin. Loved how Anakin could sense what was bothering Luke and related his own experiences to Luke. Maybe it will be a first step in helping them bond, get to know each other.

Now, about that cliffie... Eek! Don't leave us hanging too long.

Excellent as always, kristeh.

21. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Evil cliffie! And yes I can sympathize with the Olympic fever thing and I don't even like watching sports!

And that "kid" just better save poor Luke!

Luke looked as if he were going to comment on it, but then he just looked back at the desert scenery. ?How much further??

Anakin had to laugh a little. Had there ever been a child anywhere in the galaxy that could resist asking this question during a trip?

My favourite part of the entire post. At least Luke's question was a little more mature than "Are we there yet?"

Oh and I just love the way you write Luke. The way he acts just strokes my maternal instincts and makes me wanna give him a big ol' bear hug. ;)

22. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Gahhhhhh!!! LUKE. ..

why do I have this feeling that either Han or Chewie ends up saving Luke?

Also. . . hey rodidian dude.. . give them a fair price. . they need to get money together to buy the Falcon. . . or at least to enter that saabac game to win it!!!

Beru is going to KILL Anakin if Luke gets hurt. . .

23. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Hi, everyone,

Let me reply, and then I've finally finished chapter 6.

Blaster144: Thank you!
    Ani has gotten better at controlling his temper, but wouldn't that set him off?

It sure would!

LaYa: Thank you!

Dally: Thank you! I know I'm bad with cliffhangers, but here's chapter 6.

Gina: Thank you!
    Maybe it will be a first step in helping them bond, get to know each other.

Yeah, that's what I want to happen. I hope I've shown that in the next chapter they're already starting to feel more comfortable around each other.

jade_angel: Thank you!
    Oh, and I just love the way you write Luke. The way he acts just strokes my maternal instincts and makes me wanna give him a big ol' bear hug.

Aw, thanks. I'm having a lot of fun writing young Luke. Well, actually, I have fun writing Luke at any age! :)

maramijade: Thank you!
    why do I have this feeling taht either Han or Chewie ends up saving Luke?

Hey, have you been reading my notes? ;)

Okay, hope y'all like chapter 6!

Kristeh

Lost and Found Chapter 6

Something with the force of a gundark tackled Luke and then he and the young man were rolling across the ground til they came to a stop behind one of the spaceships. Luke caught a glimpse of his father simultaneously leaping in front of them, using his lightsaber to deflect the bolt.

?Hey, kid, you all right?? the young man demanded.

Luke nodded breathlessly, ?You saved my life,? he managed to say in an awed tone. ?Thank you.?

The young man shrugged, ?Don?t mention it.? He peeked around the ship. ?Looks like they?re gone-No, Chewie, wait!?

Luke peered around the other side to see the giant Wookiee running down the street after the shooters.

The young man shook his head. ?Crazy Wookiee! He gets me in more trouble?? He looked back sharply at Luke. ?Stay here, you?ll be safe.? Then he drew his blaster and took off after his friend.

For a second, Luke hesitated, but then he couldn?t resist and left the refuge of the ship. Anakin had taken a step after the young man, as if he intended to pursue the criminals, too, but then he looked back and saw Luke. Immediately changing his mind, he deactivated his blade and ran to his son?s side.

?Luke!? He dropped to his knees in front of the boy and grabbed him close in a tight, fierce hug. Then he held Luke at arm?s length, his hands on his son?s shoulders. ?Are you hurt??

?No, I?m all right,? Luke told him.

Anakin drew a shaky breath, suddenly glad he was on his knees because he was trembling so that he doubted his legs would hold him. He?d been in many more perilous situations before. In fact, on a scale rating the dangerous and frightening experiences he?d survived, this incident barely rated at all. Except that it was his child?s life that had been at risk. That one fact changed everything. Luke was his only family now. If anything had happened to his son? But no, he couldn?t even bear to think of that.

?I thought I told you to stay right beside me. Why did you wander off?? He demanded.

Luke hung his head. ?I?m sorry,? he said softly. ?I didn?t mean to. I?d just never seen a Wookiee before, and then I was listening to them try to sell their ship. I guess I forgot. I?m sorry,? he repeated.

Anakin took another deep breath and pulled his son close again. ?It?s all right,? he murmured. ?You just scared me. I couldn?t bear to lose you, too.?

It struck Luke that this was the first time his father had hugged him, and he was surprised at the strength of the emotions that suddenly welled up inside him. He felt safe, loved, and cherished in a way that he?d never felt before. Any lingering reservations he might have had about his father vanished and he flung his own arms around Anakin?s neck. For a long moment, father and son clung to one another.

Then they drew apart, though Anakin kept one hand on Luke?s shoulder. He cleared his throat. ?I wonder if anyone across the street ne

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah for Han, the hero. And Luke has a bit of hero worship here as he did in the OT.

Nice father/son bonding too.

25. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great and sweet post [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.