main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lost and Then Found - J/J AU - Jag as a pirate?! Sorta kinda - Updated 3/21/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jadesabre75, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Title: Lost and Then Found
    Author(s): jadesabre75
    Timeframe: AU
    Characters: Jag and Jaina mainly and of course your other favorites
    Genre: romance, humor, angst, action
    Keywords:
    Summary: Jaina is faced with a life changing decision. What will she choose and who will she meet along the way?

Notes: Well, Jake and I were watching POTC a while back and the idea popped into my head of Jag as a pirate. I mean, does it get much better than that image?!?! So here?s my attempt at that. I?m not attempting to channel Jack Sparrow, but don?t be surprised if it creeps in there. LOL

Special thanks to my beta, Jade Eyes, because well she kriffing rocks as usual! [face_dancing][:D]

And thanks to Cyn for her two cents...I'll give you your change back later sweetie. :D

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

The sky had been red that morning. He should have known it was an omen, even though Soontir Fel had never believed in superstitions like most pilots. He didn?t have routines or rituals before going out into a battle or even powering up his ship. There were no trinkets adorning his flight cockpit or any wise men who had blessed the metal he depended on to protect him. No, the former captain of the Royal Fleet was a simple man.

Today had been anything but simple though.

It had started a month ago really. He had been happy with his life. Beyond ecstatic most days. Doing a job he loved, married to the love of his life and raising a family. It just didn?t get much better than this.

Then the first domino had tipped over and it had seemed like no amount of running could ever help them catch up. His oldest was dead and the pain that had radiated through his family had been astonishing. His comrades had lost children before, usually in battle, and he had never even tried to imagine what they had gone through. But to lose his oldest and first son in a training accident had nearly brought him to his knees.

Jag had taken it the hardest of all his children. He and Davin had been so close and the younger Fel had developed a hero worship of his oldest brother. Breaking the news to him had been almost as hard as telling his wife. Syal had cried but remained strong for her family. Jag?had simply shut down. Oh, he was strong for his siblings and even his mother, but Soontir could see the light had dimmed in his son?s eyes. It had been heartbreaking.

Then they had lost Chak and the pain had nearly killed him. Two sons gone in less than two weeks. Soontir wasn?t sure how they made it through but they did, as a family.

Now, he found himself facing something almost as terrible. Since he had signed up to the academy he had known that King Silero wasn?t a forgiving man. He ruled with a heavy fist but he rewarded loyalty and didn?t kill indiscriminately. Soontir had been nothing but loyal to the king in every way. So why that loyalty was being questioned at this moment was utterly confusing to him. It didn?t help his already racing brain that his family was involved, making it impossible for him to think clearly. And he desperately needed his wits now.

He stood silently as the list of charges were read, trying to block out his wife?s soft cries from behind him. His two daughters stood with his wife. Cherith, at 14, knew what was going on. She had dreams to enroll in the academy like her brothers before her. He didn?t have to turn around to know that she was comforting both her mother and her little sister. Wynessa was only six and while the gravity of the situation had probably not escaped her notice, she would not see the death sentence looming over them. He was grateful for that small comfort.

The fact that his two remaining sons were not present settled in his heart and he resisted the sigh that was threatening to escape. Thankful they were with his brother-in-law, he took another small measure of comfort that they would live to see the next day. Wedge would keep them alive even if it meant running.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

?Plop?

A smile came to Wedge Antilles face as

Update 10-13-2015 - This fic was truncated in the move but it can be read in its entirety here https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5287274/1/Lost-and-Then-Found

Thanks!

Jadesabre75

lizzpercush likes this.
  2. EmperorFel

EmperorFel Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2009
    Righteo. I'm in. Looking forward to see where it goes. [face_peace]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very excellent start. =D= Love how different the context is, yet how in character everyone still is. :D Zekk as a villain-- intriguing.

4. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Woot! Jag, a pirate? YES!!! This is going to rock! If you start a pm list, put me on it! The beginning was sad, but very well-written. =D=

5. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    As tragic and sad as it is... I love it. [:D]

Jag's maturity at the end is just... so... Jag. [face_love] Good one to have at your side, that one is. ;)

Han as a mechanic... priceless. [face_love]

Hopefully we'll see the Solo kids soon? [face_praying]

Great job, my friend... I'm so thrilled to see you baaaaacccccccckkkkkkk! :*

Kick :)

6. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Wow! Very intriguing, jadesabre75!!

I'm looking forwrad to seeing where you're going with this!

~Celeste

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Nicely done, jadesabre =D= A good start :)

8. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    [face_whistling] Yo ho, yo ho... a pirate life for me! :cool:

o_O What? It was either that or I was gonna sing "The girls are back in town..." And yes, I know that's not the exact lyric but you know what I mean. :*

Pirate Jag?!? So drool-worthy... =P~ =P~ =P~ You still got that drool bucket handy from last summer because I think we're gonna need it!

Awesome start, dear one. So wonderfully and uniquely you!

Loves it!
    Cyn [face_love]

9. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks, I kinda am too. LOL

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Kinda funny how that worked out, isn't it? Considering I never intended that. The muse just kinda hit me upside the head with it. LOL

Yes, Zekk is a villain. I hated to do it but it was better than making up a new character. LOL

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

LOL I'm glad you're excited. Yes, Jag is the perfect personality for a pirate I think and I hope it's going to rock when you finally get him in that mode.

Begining is tragic but necessary for Jag's development. And thanks!!!!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Thank you very much!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

10. EmperorFel

EmperorFel Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2009
    Jag as a pirate... Not sure how I feel about that, to be honest. I don't think I could take it if he was anything like Jack Sparrow. [face_laugh]

But of course it's your story and I wouldn't presume to tell you how to write it, so I'll see what happens.

11. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    LOL Thanks.

12. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Next installment. Still kinda building the story here. Enjoy!

~Sab

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

21 Years Later
    Somewhere in Space?

He couldn?t get comfortable tonight. Not that it was a surprise to him. It had been this way for at least 21 years. Quite possibly it had been like that his entire life, but he had learned over time to block out any thoughts of his life before. Before the universe had tilted on its axis. Before he had been alone and relied upon much too early.

Rubbing his face roughly he turned onto his side and tried to turn his brain off. Sometimes he was successful. Most times he learned to just function through the fatigue. Others relied on him and he couldn?t let them down. Wouldn?t let them down. Failure had never been an option for him and he wasn?t about to start now.

Taking a deep breath and forcing his eyes closed he slowly fell into a troubled sleep plagued with his nightly visions.

The feeling of soaring over the ground never failed to bring a smile to his face. Gods knew he didn?t smile near enough as it was and he was going to take whatever ?happy? he could get from life at this point.

Especially right now. When his aunt found him he probably wouldn?t be able to sit for a week, though this was more than worth it. He and his little brother had found the old speeder out behind old man Keeter?s farm that had been abandoned for a couple of years. Though in horrible shape the two boys had somehow managed to piece it back together enough that it was flyable. Barely. They probably could have used chewing gum and it would have worked just as well. It was a flying death trap right now and if anyone knew they had it?it wouldn?t be pretty.

But he lived for the adrenaline rush. It was the only thing that made him feel alive. And everyone knew that 13 year old boys didn?t exactly do things that were safe. He was no exception.

So over the last couple of months they had managed to make it look respectable and redone the engine so many times he wasn?t sure they still had any original parts in there. Feeling his smile deepen, he angled the speeder back towards the old shed to park it for the day. It was never for very long that he could get away so he didn?t want to raise any suspicion by being back late.

About six meters from the ground, he heard a loud popping noise and felt the bottom fall out. Literally. All he remembered was pain washing over him in waves for what felt like forever.

When he finally opened his eyes again he wasn?t laying in the field. He was in a hospital bed and his gaze finally settled on his family moving closer to him. As his aunt talked softly to him he took inventory of his injuries. He was surprised to see he had none, at least visibly. Though his head felt funny. Reaching up, he felt a thick bandage covering his right brow and pain lancing through his head as he pressed it.

His aunt?s hand came up to stop his actions and he looked at her questioningly. Giving him a small smile she quickly explained that he had been out for three days and had just been taken out of the bacta tank a few hours ago. Rapidly he wracked his brain for any information and came up empty. Nothing. There was no recollection of the crash.

?Why is my head bandaged then?? He asked quietly.

?Well,? his uncle began, ?For some reason it wasn?t healing as fast as the other injuries. They couldn?t keep you in any longer so they tried to fix it up as much as they could. You?ll have a nice sized scar there for a long time, Jag.?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Coruscant, Royal Hangar

Slipping the last bolt into place she tightened it gently and then leaned back to inspect her work. A smile formed on her face as she set her tool down and replaced the cover back on the compartment. After she had gathered her tools up, she stood and gave the hangar a sweeping look. It was busy today, but that?s when she loved it the most. Men rushing from here to there. Everyone working on a deadline for the prince?s ships.

One

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Still very intrigued by this whole idea :D Enjoyed the A/T scene a lot. :) Love the relationship Jaina has with her dad. :D

14. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Jaina is very well-written in this chapter. I can't wait to see more of Jag!

15. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Well hopefully it only gets better from here. I liked the A/T scene too. I'm not planning on delving into the other romantic relationships in the story, but it might happen anyway. LOL Thanks!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Thanks. I'm trying to keep her pretty Canon but I'm sure I'll slip here and there. More Jag will be coming soon. I promise. Some good stuff coming up. Thanks for reading!

16. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Okey dokey. Here's the next part. Enjoy!

BTW, it's Send an Email Day. Not too hard to do in this day and age.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Two Weeks Later...

Normally, she wouldn?t complain about having to stay late to finish something but today appeared to be the exception. Her dad was off today and one of the other mechanics had taken it upon himself to use Jaina as a grunt. In other words, she was doing all his work.

This wasn?t the first time this had happened but she was in a pissy mood today so it wasn?t sitting well with her. Biting her lip to keep from saying something she had worked through the day without complaint. At least out loud. The litany that had erupted in her head would have shocked anyone who could have heard it. By the time she had calibrated the last item she was working on she had worked herself into a frenzy.

?Ms. Solo.? As she turned around to address the person she banged her head on the compartment above her and swore. The man chuckled lightly before he rearranged his face back to a cold look.

?Yes?? She asked, rubbing her head.

?The prince would like to see you.?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Jacen sat in his room idly twirling a stylus between his fingers. Work had been insane today but he loved every minute of it. The joy of working his dream job was just slightly overshadowed by the uneasiness of how it had been achieved.

All his life he?d been good with animals. His mother loved to tell stories of all the different things he would bring home and it always brought a smile to her face. At least now. Back then she probably would have liked him to sleep outside with his ?pets?. His goal had always been to go to school and work at the planetary zoo in any capacity. Two years ago he?d achieved his dream, but it wasn?t without some reservation.

To be placed at a high level position in one of the galaxy?s preeminent zoos was an honor. But he had only been 19 at the time and he wasn?t blind to how he had gotten the job. For years his sister had confided in him of the strange happenings that involved Prince Zekk and herself. They?d both heard the rumors that came out of his mansion but had just blown them off as gossip.

Jaina?s uneasiness had increased over the years though and he had witnessed a few times why that was. The prince ruled with a heavy hand and a hollow heart. There were never any uplifting stories about him. Just ones laced with fear and he hated his sister working so close to that man. It was just a feeling but he was sure they had only received their opportunities because of what the slime wanted.

Sighing, he tossed the stylus on his desk and leaned back in his chair. There had been three years since Jaina had become an adult and nothing had happened. But something felt off today and it didn?t ease his mind any that she was working without their father.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Her footsteps had blindly taken her home. She didn?t remember consciously wanting to go there. But here she was, standing in front of the door to the small house she had grown up in. Thunder reverberated in the air and she smelled the sweet tang that preceded the infrequent rainfalls on Corusant. Still, her hand made no move to open the door.

She knew she was covered in grease still and had been reluctant to go and part of her reluctance to go and see the prince had been her filthy state. But the messenger had insisted that her presence was required immediately. So she had gone. Now, she felt like a lost soul without a map to show her the way.

How did one come home and announce she had one week to choose between her own happiness and her family?s well-being? Jaina wasn?t sure, but she had to go in and tell them. Her father would be furious. Her mother as well, and her brothers?she smiled hearing Jacen?s voice already. Sighing, Jaina palmed the door and the smells of her father?s cooking calmed her a little. She could hear everyone talking in the kitchen and taking a deep breath, she took

17. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Wooooooooot! More Jag! I love how you worked Jaina's leaving into this story. It's shaping up beautifully, and I can't wait for more.

18. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    :eek: Jag stole Harry Potter's scar! LOL Serioulsy though, handy little trick there though. Jedi danger sense for the unForce sensitve.

*puts bucket under chin* More piratey Jag goodness. =P~ =P~

Might I request some Imperial Red swim trunk action at some point... [face_whistling] O:)

Cyn

19. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Yep, more Jag. LOL You'll be sick of him in a while. LOL Thanks!!!!!!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

20. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    I just found this story and I am already hooked.
    If their is a pm list may I be put on it, please and thank you.
    I so can't wait for another update, more soon please.

21. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Ask and ye shall receive!:D

22. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Next update! More Jag! =P~

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Subconsciously, he had known that Kyp would be proven right. The crew was slowly winding down their frivolities when the door creaked open and admitted a cloaked individual. Jag started to dismiss the petite form, but something stopped him. His eyes narrowed as he took in the bar?s newest patron. She wore a cape that was entirely too long for her, and had the hood drawn up over her head. Somehow he knew it was a she, even without any visible evidence to tell him that. The ratty garment looked as if it has seen better days, even before she had dragged the hem through the mud caking the streets. Her hesitant steps took her towards the bar and he continued to watch her. Unease started to form a lump in his stomach, but he found he couldn?t look away.

She talked briefly with the bartender. He served her a small glass of clear liquid then turned around effectively ignoring her. Even though she was hidden in the voluminous garment, he could see her gaze drop to the surface of the scratched counter. He continued to stare at her and as if seemingly sensing this, she turned her head in his direction.

Fire pooled in his gut as their eyes met and his frown deepened. Jag couldn?t remember the last time he had felt anything for a woman. Sure, he had been known to cool his fires in the arms of a willing one here and there, but it wasn?t something he made time for. Maybe that was his problem. It had been a while. That?s why her whiskey colored eyes had ignited the fire in him. That?s why he felt the need to go over and see if her lips tasted as sweet and as soft as they looked from across the room.

?Kriff.? He cursed quietly, finally ripping his eyes from hers and downing the rest of his drink. Closing them he fought the gasp that threatened to work its way out. That had not been very smart. His eyes stung and he took a deep breath, willing the discomfort away. She looked needy and fragile and that was the last thing he needed at the moment.

Throwing a few credits on the table, he stood up and started to walk towards the door when it flung open. This time there wasn?t a petite young woman entering the dingy room. Four of Prince Zekk?s armed guards stood there in their tarnished armor. Thankfully their weapons were sheathed otherwise he would have thought they were here after him.

All talk and noise had ceased when the men had arrived and Jag found himself wondering if they were here for the girl. A disturbing thought entered his brain and he hated himself for even going there. Surely Zekk hadn?t taken up having his men round up his women for him. Even he wasn?t that desperate. Or maybe he was?

Telling himself he didn?t care, he started his trek to the door again as the men passed him and moved towards the bar. As he put his hand on the door to leave, a whimper sounded from her direction. Pushing himself to go through the entrance he stopped when a short scream rang out. When he turned around, one of the men had apparently thrown the woman down to the floor and was aiming a blaster at her.

Her dark hair spilled out over her shoulders and onto the dirty floor, no longer covered by the hood of her cloak. Fear was prevalent in her eyes but he noticed something else there struggling to come to the surface. Her small frame shook slightly as the man holding her down touched his blaster to her temple. Jag?s eyes flickered to the rest of his crew and he saw them each give him a nod of acknowledgement.

?Why can?t I have a normal pirate crew?? He mumbled to himself. ?Real pirates don?t go around saving. They go around plundering and pillaging.? He continued, even as he removed his blaster from behind his back and sighed. Jag knew he was going to regret this, like he always did when he gave a shavit about something.

His decision was made when the big man holding his weapon on her grabbed a handful of her hair and wrenched her head back, causing her to cry out again. A single tear fell do

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the last two chapters -- great action especially in chapter 4--and jag--nummy!!!!
    LOL

24. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    I absolutely love it.
    Can't wait for more.
    Thanks for putting me on the list.

25. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I appreciate the pm! This just keeps getting better and better. I love Jag as a pirate, and you've really done a great job of developing his character. Can't wait to see more interaction between him and Jaina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.