main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Non-Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by ObiWan506, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005

I am the same way! I was flipping through and knew last week that Lost was on and kept flipping quickly past the channel until I could not take it anymore, so I watched like 10 seconds! And then tuned out.

Does anyone know how many episodes are lfet in season 2?

2. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    12 I think. The Finale is gonna be a 2 parter. And we have a couple more hiatus weeks. :_|

3. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Unfortunately I am treading lightly in this thread also because of me having not seen any of Season 2. I wish to remain completely unspoiled... however I do here Elliot in the Morning DC101 the radio station talk about Lost after every episode so I try to tune out during my morning commute.

4. Darthness

Darthness Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    A new one airs this week, despite the fact that the Grammys are on the same night.

--------------------------------------

I've recently done an FX test sort of thing using Blender's particle system where I tried to see if I could make the Black Cloud of Smoke.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12693710/Black_Cloud.mov.html

And don't worry dragonsith13, it's not a spoiler as long as you've at least seen all of season one.

5. Darthness

Darthness Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I realized that the resolution of the video I posted above is too high to fit on a lot of people's monitors. So I decided I'd make a small gif of it:

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/DKW1985/black_cloud.gif]

6. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    What is the policy regarding talking about upcoming episodes in this thread? No spoilers of course, but is the preview for this week's episode considered a spoiler? They showed it on TV two weeks ago. I'm just wondering because I'd like to speculate about what's going to happen tomorrow, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone who is refraining from watching the preview.

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I would prefer not to discuss what was in the preview as not all of us get to see it. Though since it *has* been out for more than three days, I don't think there's anything stopping you...

8. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Per our spoiler policy: any rumors, speculation or information for upcoming episodes are considered spoilers and should be taken to the designated spoiler thread for that T.V. show.

I put speculation because speculation leads to rumored events and rumored events lead to spoilers. Innocent speculation is certainly allowed, and I think each User knows the difference between the two.

9. ImperialMarchFace

Oct 13, 2002
    Alright, I'll refrain from discussing the preview right now, thanks ObiWan. If anyone wants to speculate just on what we THINK is going to happen, no rumors or spoilers allowed, just say the word.

10. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    I agree, but I don't have the will-power to wait until Season Two comes out on DVD. The biggest thing that bothers me besides commercials and all that is the constant 'breaks' the show takes - like last week where it was a re-run. It's done that a few times this season and I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but it bugs me to death.

11. ImperialMarchFace

Oct 13, 2002
    The mid-November to mid-January break was horrible. I almost died. This past one-week break was because February is sweeps month and they want all the episodes to be new. I don't think there's any more overly-long breaks this season.

12. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Agreed. It bugs me to death too. And I don't want my frustration and hatred for commercials and constant breaks to overshadow my love for the show.

13. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    T buggest break now is gonna be 2 weeks in March. After the sweeps I think. I like the DVD way better, i watched the first season in like 2 days. I might bail out on season 3 so I can atch them like season 1.

14. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    The thing I hate most about seeing Lost on TV is that it's in fullscreen. It is a true outrage. I hate when shows are recorded in widescreen and aired in fullscreen. I discovered that 24 did the same thing when I recently got 24 season 4 on DVD.

15. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Get HD. :p

16. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    Does anyone know why this is? The breaks I mean. The one before sweeps is obvious. It serves as a means of attracting new viewers and withdrawl for those who aren't Tailies.

I want to know why they throw so many reruns on the days when I actually get to see it!!

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
    52 weeks in a year. 23 episodes of a TV series. You've got to cut somewhere :p

March is the same reason as Feburary. You want to make sure you go into sweeps with your strongest stuff so you fill the month prior with re-runs or clip shows so you aren't wasting the new stuff when no one is counting.

18. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the Season's DVD Set to release?

19. ImpMarchFace

ImpMarchFace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    The Season One DVD set was released in September, and it ended in May. So it takes roughly 4 months. I'd expect Season Two around the same time in September this year.

20. weezer

May 16, 2001
    TVshowsonDVD.com made a comment on that recently. Apparently they were tired of getting slammed with "when is _______ coming out on DVD."

Here is what they had to say:

The most common question we receive is, "When is ______ coming out?" Most of the time we don't know an exact date, but we'll let you in on a little secret, at least for the current shows.

Fox made DVD history back in September of 2002 when they released the first season of 24 a few weeks before the second season aired. It was the first time a studio released the previous season before the next one, and it's caught on. Now it's common, almost expected, for the studio to release the previous season before the next one airs. Just look at the August and September releases for 2005 and you'll see season sets for many current shows hoping to get the DVDs out before the season premieres in September, October and November. We saw some similar releases in December because some shows, such as Battlestar Galactica and The Shield were returning in January. Fox pioneered the concept of releasing a season before the next one airs, but everyone else has embraced it.

So, if you're wondering when the next season of Lost, Desperate Housewives, Rescue Me, Battlestar Galactica....will be released on DVD, and we haven't posted news yet, just find out when the next season will air and plan to buy the set a few weeks before that date. It doesn't always work, but it's an educated guess.

21. rogueadam

rogueadam Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2006
    The breaks are a pain in the rear. However, the crew is still filming.

P.S. Evangeline Lilly (Kate) is sooooo hot!

22. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I've finally seen 2.5 episodes of Lost and it does seem pretty interesting I admit, but it just doesn't have this aura of capturing my soul, maybe thats because of all the damn flashbacks.

The 3 episodes I've seen all were primarily flashbacks, are all the episodes like this?

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yep, thats how they tell the stories.

Its an example of how flashbacks can be an effective story telling tool. I've made the same argument with some of the recent BSG episodes.

24. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Honestly, I LOVE the flashbacks. They are an excellent tool in getting to know the characters better, so much easier than them telling it another Lostaway. The flashbacks are part of what makes LOST one of the most phenominal shows on the air.

25. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    The LOST flashbacks are one of my favorite parts of the show. I don't care for the technique in BSG though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.