main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    I understand they have basic story outlines to script 8 seasons
    if the ratings support it that long.

I suppose you can enjoy it without following up with the
    hidden meanings; this thing is so full of inuendo and hidden
    messages it baffles the mind. [face_hypnotized]

I'm in it for the long run.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    8 Seasons to get to the conclusion? That would be interesting, though it worries me to be able to stay fresh without constantly adding new characters.

I will be sitting there watching it though. :D

3. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I've been wondering what they'll do about Walt. If each season takes place over 40ish or so days, the actor playing Walt is eventually going to be significantly older than his character is supposed to be.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm afraid they may actually kill his character off. Which won't be too much fun. Frankly, Michael is my least favourite character, and killing Walt would only bring him into it even more. But it could work towards the storyline and solve the age issue. Wouldn't happen for a while though...

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I haven't heard 8 seasons. I read that they had enough backstory for each of the characters for 5 seasons, not 8.

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Add me to the list of crazed fans. Or as I adoringly call them...LOST SOULS. ;)

[:D]

7. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Me too! Just checking in and validating my LOST-Fandom card.

8. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Hurley has the same issue as Walt. While Walt is going to look older and older, Hurley should be losing weight, lots of it. Actually everyone would realistically lose weight. Even with the food in the hatch, they aren't eating much. And on top of that they're all running around in the jungle all the time. But I suppose this isn't Survivor and we should suspend some disbelief. :p

Killing off Walt would be interesting. Jus look at how pissed off Michael is already. And I disagree about him, Harold Perrineau is a fantastic actor, I've loved him since Baz Luhrman's "Romeo and Juliet". The relationship between him, Jin and Sawyer is really interesting to me.

9. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    So what does everone think about lost?
    Like what's the whole reason they are there?
    And who are the others?
    Or are we not mentioning spoilers?

10. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I think the stylish new haircuts that everyone got for the second season are awesome. I wish my hair looked that good on a daily basis.

11. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Hey as I posted in the last fourm. If you are dieing waiting for the best Friken LOST episode yet following M.Eko's dark and unknown past. PM for his deep secret. And gade I just want to ask if there is no spoilers please put in title. I love it.

12. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Mr. Eko was a priest in Nigeria

13. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Is that a spoiler for an unaired episode? How about not doing that, ok?

14. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Maybe we should organize somewhat and get some ruels down... b/c I am sure a lot of people would like to post in this thread... but I for one may be warry of posting in here b/c I have not seen any of Season 2... perhaps we could adopt a policy of blacking out any spoiler info... so that everyone can come and post here... and continue to allow a wide range of discussion about the show...

15. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Spoilers for unaired episodes should definetely be blacked out, no question. I suppose season 2 spoilers should be blacked out as well, but I don't know about season 1.

16. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Or we could just start a seperate thread for Season 2 discussion.

~PK~

17. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    It would get locked.

And the Eko thing is not that he is a priest. Its more jucy..... shocking.....amazingly......awsome!!!

Like I said if you want spoiler PM me, Ill be glad to give it to you in privite.

Mod could you please put no spoilers/or spoilers allowed in title. Or edit first post saying the rules on spoilers. Thank You

18. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Since season two doesn't begin to air in Australia until february, blacking out spoilers would be appreciated here ;)

19. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Does anyone know why there have only been reruns aired for the past month or so?

20. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    Us LOST-ies called it a 6 week Hiatis. :_|

It is a new episode next week. It has like a season recap before it. Then a Mr.Eko centric Episode.

*Jumps on couch an has a happy episode* No I'm not moching Tom. Im so HAPPY.

*Begins to dance*

21. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

The break in Lost episodes is due to the fact that sweeps month ended. TV ratings months are November, February and May. There are always new shows on those months. As for the other months, they'll either have new episodes or filler reruns. Usually, December is pretty much a wasteland of TV as they assume most people are too busy doing holiday stuff to waste time watching television.

Can't wait for the new episode to start on the 11th.

Oh, and someone mentioned how Hurley hasn't lost any weight. The writers dealt with that issue back at the end of season one when Arnst yelled at Hurley (shortly before his head was blown off by the dynamite), "And you know, some of us have LOST weight since we've been on the island. Why not you?" I think the producers explained this somehow as Hurley getting enough fish and boar to keep up his avoirdupois.

22. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    and

we need a spolier policy :_|

this has yet to happen in the UK run of the show

:_|

23. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Wait, are you saying they haven't aired or finished airing Season One in the UK? Because I only mentioned things that happened in Season One. If that's the case, then we need a good spoiler policy. I mean, we can't be expected to know what episode of what show has aired everywhere in the world, and to stifle all discussion of it because of that fear would make this whole thread pointless.

24. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    yeah. in the UK they air on channel 4 at ten, then on e4 (digital tv, which i don't have) they air the next episode straight after, which is then repeated the following wednesday at ten, if you catch my drift. next wednesday they are showing the final 2 episodes of season 1 back to back ( [face_dancing] ), and that is the episode when they find the dynamite (i assume).

25. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I couldn't find this thread at first. I was ... Lost. Get it?

Fine, whatever. :p

I started watching Season 2 but it seems so dragged out, especially with all the commercials. So me and the fiancé decides to wait until it's out on DVD. That way there's no commercials and we can watch every episode when we want to. That's how we did it for Season 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.