main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Cuse and Lidelof have stated several times that season SEVEN is the zombie season. :p

2. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Incidentally, Jin's father is Christian Shepard:p

3. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] I wouldn't put it past them. At all.

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Umm, woah. [face_hypnotized]

5. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Yeah, that was an episode that shook the foundations. I wonder what Jack and Juliet are up to. Obviously, it's a plan to eliminate the Others...but why have they played it so close? Good episode and I, for one, am glad that Sawyer finished the "real Sawyer".

6. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Lost last night was wonderful! Ever since Cooper conned Locke out of his kidney I was wondering if by any chance he might be the real Sawyer, but it definitely seemed more likely when he pushed his own son out of a window. I'm happy that (for once) my guess was accurate.

Now I'm REALLY excited for next week. Ben flashback time! It's going to be great. Oh and I think after that we have a Charlie episode. [face_love]

7. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I'm also glad that Jack was not the dupe I had started thinking he was. He has a plan. He's Jack. He's Jack Bristow. He knows what's going on...he didn't just keep his head down while he was at the Barracks. This will be good.

8. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    USAToday has reported that LOST will end in 2010 after three more sixteen episode seasons. And yes, to answer the first question that came to your mind, this does mean longer hiatuses. Here are the details.

The end is in sight for ABC's acclaimed island mystery Lost, but fans will have to wait until 2010 for all the answers.

In a highly unusual move, the network announced plans today to end the show after three more shortened seasons of 16 episodes each. The episodes will air consecutively, repeat-free, from February to May.

ABC's bold step marks a response to the show's producers, who have been eager to set a finish line to better plot out their convoluted mystery of plane-crash survivors and to placate fans who are frustrated that the show seemed to be vamping its way to a conclusion.

"Among fans there was an unease that they were making an investment in a show that's complicated without any sense of where that's going to lead them," co-creator Damon Lindelof said in an exclusive interview. "From the very beginning, fans and even critics have been saying, 'Are you making it up as you go along?' " which was "a legitimate question."

9. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I'm actually happy with this news overall. It's too bad the seasons will be brief...16 episodes? What? However, I hope that this will enable the producers and writers to give us something worthwhile and enjoyable.

10. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Ummm... Woah! I think that is almost certainly one of the best episodes ever... But Locke had better not be dead!!

-Paul

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Whoa...what a totally crazy episode! Loved seeing Ben's past, but the thing with Jacob was bit freaky. And yipes, Locke might be dead or his life might be hanging in the balence. And next week Charlie might die. [face_worried] :_|

12. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that we'll be seeing Mr. Locke again soon.

13. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    The more I think about it, the surer I am he's not. But I think we're going to be left in doubt for a while; I certainly think we won't see him, and maybe we'll think he's dead, until next season. But yes, the whole way the Locke story has been played recently, I do not believe he's going to be dead -- at least, not permanently.

-Paul

14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't know he could be. According to Spoilerfix 5 people were going to die by the end of the season. We all know Charlie's going to die. Locke could be one of them.

15. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Well who knows how things count. I think the season will probably try to leave us with the idea that Locke is dead; I just don't really think he is, or if he is, I don't think it's permanent. But it could well be that based on the way the end of the season plays out Locke is counted among the dead, even if that's not the way it goes down long-term.

For discussion here, copying a post I made in the Amphitheater thread:

For a minute, I thought we were setting up that Ben was like Walt; I was pretty sure of that for a second when they were in the classroom talking about the volcano (incidentally, that's our first news of that, right?) and the ground started shaking and the camera stayed on Ben who didn't leave his seat -- I thought he was making the volcano go active again. Apparently not, but all the things to do with Jacob and seeing Jacob and all that imply that there's something supernatural going on with Ben, and I would not be at all surprised if he and the guilt his father instilled in him about his mother's death has somehow "polluted" the Island and caused the infertility problems that are so central to the show at the moment.

At least now we know why he's so desperate to get the problem fixed; it's connected to his feelings about the loss of his mother. (Maybe it's even connected to whatever he has to do to see his mother again!)

Incidentally, a prediction: Ben clearly knew the Purge was coming, so I think we're going to find that he saved Annie. (I really think if she had been dead the scene with the bodies in the village would have made a bigger point of it.) I think she became pregnant with Ben's child, and that she was the first mother to die on the Island, and no birth was successful on the Island sense until Aaron.

-Paul

16. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    However, Aaron was conceived off-island...so Aaron's birth and Alex's birth don't count.

But good point about the "polluting" of the island by Ben's grief from Uncle Rico...I mean Roger. I also think that you're right about Ben's motivation with solving the birthing problems.

17. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Maybe so, maybe not. We don't know what's going on with the mechanics of the pregnancy problems. Juliet theorized that the problems occurred at conception, and so babies conceived off-Island would not be affected. However, I'm pretty sure it was also said that tests showed this not to be the case, that pregnancies begun off the Island seemed to be affected too. That's why Juliet wanted the next test to be taking a woman off the Island; that was the last combination that hadn't been tried. But then, she's making such a point about Sun's baby being conceived on the Island. It's all very unclear, and I'm not even sure that Juliet knows at this point. I'm sure we'll find out, though, as Sun's storyline works itself out and the rest of the pregnancy thing persists.

-Paul

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Great episode- though the one guy who was already an adult when Ben was a kid looks younger than Ben as an adult, so that's a bit weird. Do the natives age slower?

Have we seen the guy who brought Ben and his father to the island before?

Also- Ben's father is Skeletor! [face_laugh]

And now, thinking back to that Skeletor reference, makes me wonder if this also wasn't a slight nod to another 80's animated gem...

Ben: This is not a man you go see, this is a man who summons you.
    John: well there's a first time for everything.

Unicron: I have summoned you here for a purpose.
    Megatron: Nobody summons Megatron!
    Unicron: Then it please me to be the first.

19. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Interesting episode, and the dang producers keep coming up with more questions and less and less answers. It's kind of irritating, though as the end of this season has been coming, it's made it a lot more enjoyable to watch.

I'll be quite irritated if Locke turns out to be dead. He's been consistently the most interesting character of the entire series.

20. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I like Locke. His character is extremely cool but I think the best, most interesting character in the series now is Desmond. In fact, I believe that the entire series is more mythologically centered on Desmond than any other character.

21. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    Here comes Eme with the Locke spoilers...

According to an interview with Emerson, a prior medical condition in Locke's past will come back to help him. The interviewer was a complete dult, but it was quite obvious: Locke's Missing Kidney will ultimately save him. Also, Darlton basically came out and said that Locke is not necessarily dead in their podcast.

Also, the 5 deaths include (MAJOR SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT AT YOUR OWN PERIL):
    Charlie, Tom, Pryce, and 2 yet to be revealed women.

Which means...

That John Locke and Desmond are quite alright going into Season 4.

22. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Resisting temptation. Resisting temptation. Just two more weeks...

-Paul

23. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Here's my speculation for the finale...or at least my first bit of speculation.Jack killed his father.

24. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Gave into temptation, and I'm not surprised with that list there. Not surprised at all.

25. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Wow! I just read the episode summary for the finale and it will shake the foundations of LOST forever. There is a serious game changer. I am stunned. It's unbelievable. The season finale will be spectacular. Brilliant stuff!

They are posted at spoilerslost.blogspot.com

If they're true spoilers, the game has certainly changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.