main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lost, Then Found! For the English Restoration Challenge.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Apr 24, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Author: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Disclaimer: Borrowing with love!
    Characters: Zeb/Shulma and Shai.
    Notes: For the English Restoration Theater Challenge, one of the most unique and wonderful challenges I've ever participated in. =D=
    I got #11. The sweet lyrics are under the tag.

"O lead me to some peaceful gloom"

O lead me to some peaceful gloom,
    Where none but sighing lovers come,
    Where the shrill trumpets never sound,
    But one eternal hush goes round.
    There let me soothe my pleasing pain,
    And never think of war again.
    What glory can a lover have,
    To conquer, yet be still a slave?

~~~~~!!!

He walks into a theater on Naboo. As a matter of course, as part of the coterie of guards for the Chancellor, Mon Mothma.

It is in such a crowd that malcontents can pounce and often do upon a prominent figure and tragically sweep the innocent up in the fray.

On this occasion, it is then that he sees her.

Her hair has been cropped short of its glory, but he would know her anywhere.

His heart stops.

Then beats and sings again.

A song it never thought to do so ever again.

He breathes for the first time in forever.

When the concert finishes, he rushes to her side and speaks her name in a hushed whisper, daring not to hope, to believe:

"Shulma?!"

"Zeb?" Her voice is as he remembers, a melody of soft tones.

They leave with discretion but once away from the pressing crowds, their words tumble over one another and their embraces linger with great joy!

A dream of the deepest soul longing has finally come true!

And as if to top that off, as they begin their work of finding Lasats who want to resettle on Lira San, whom should they happen upon but Shai? In a remote world near the Unknown Regions where he had escaped with the help of sympathetic covert Rebels.

Zeb's cup was not even half full; it was overflowing.

++++

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

:D

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet I hope they stay safe to settle in the unknown regions.

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, what a sweet tribute to these characters! [face_love] They're very dear to my heart, as you know, and I'm so happy that they have proven an inspiration to you, too. I love the idea of them ultimately being able to enjoy the "peaceful gloom" of Lira San together, a place where they can rest together, secure in their love, from all the toils of war. Thank you so, so much, and what a joy to have you in this challenge! @};- =D=

4. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    What a wonderful entry. :) Glad they were able to find each other and settle into their "peaceful gloom". =D=

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Zeb and Shulma absolutely deserve a reunion at some point and I'm really happy that there is already one variant of that happening. Plus, OMG, they found Shai on Lira San! How sweet! <3 And of course that our Shulma is still Shulma, regardless of how long her hair is.

And I loved this! :)

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A dream of the deepest soul longing has finally come true!

I love you for writing sentences like this.

7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Yes, Zeb definitely deserves a happy ending like this! Reunited with his true love, @Findswoman ‘s incomparable Shulma, fulfilling his promise to bring the survivors back to Lira San and together with the brother he adores (and who adores him)! His steadfast and honorable soul must be overflowing with joy.

So happy that you’ve taken Shai and Shulma to your heart! [face_love]