main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lostworlds & Lost Words: Cancelled Media

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Fandom, Apr 29, 2020.

1. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    Thanks! :) Had been wondering about that for some time.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Darth Fandom likes this.
  2. Darth Fandom

Darth Fandom Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2019
    Oh, so it's more of a proposal than a Lostworld, right?

3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

I am not sure, it looks like it got beyond proposal stage but was never completed. Given it ended up in some lists seems to imply it was in the works and scheduled for it even but never finished. Why they didn't finish and release it in something else later is beyond me though.

Darth Fandom likes this.
  4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    re: Lightsider, I emailed Tom Veitch maybe two years ago, and he said he was planning on including it in an upcoming short story collection he was putting out. This short story collection was supposedly on hold while Tom was finishing a nonfiction book about Star Wars.

Then, the TROS leaks started coming out with Clone Palpatine and Star Destroyers with superlasers, so now he’s adding more to his book taking TROS into account.

Now, I haven’t been in touch with him since that one email two years ago, but one would have to assume that he still plans on putting out that short story collection after his nonfiction SW book comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

I saw an excerpt of his nonfiction SW book and still do not know the title or if / when that releases? Any intel please? I need that one. Very interesting read!

Darth Fandom likes this.
  6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I don't think he's revealed the name yet (if it even has one). I remember seeing on his Facebook page that he was waiting for the Blu-ray of TROS to come out to do some more analysis of the film, and that's only been out for about a month. And, of course, now there's a global pandemic going on, so who knows how that's affecting things.

7. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    Wow, very interesting. I also read the excerpt of the non-fiction book, and also don't know what's happening. Hopefully this won't be another Lostworld.

8. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I have followed Tom's facebook page a little bit. There was a point where he was posting updates on his facebook page.

He also jumped in and made a few comments in some previous forums I was in. There was a free promo pdf from Tom that I shared in a previous thread. Tom is a critical link in how Star Wars fiction got restarted/rebooted in early-90s.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Darth Fandom likes this.
  9. Fel Corvax

Fel Corvax Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2020
    I miss Star Wars Legacy

10. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    I've actually just ordered Legacy II 1-3, but that doesn't have much to do with this.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  11. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    @Darth Fandom
    If I may ask,
    Are you affiliated with Fandom and wookiepedia? Or are you more of an independent fan?

Darth Fandom likes this.
  12. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    Funny you ask. I only just joined FANDOM and I wasn't allowed to be called "Darth Fandom", so I had to call myself something else.

13. President Bossk

President Bossk Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2019
    Dark Times getting cancelled still stings.

14. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    I always wonder why Disney have to be so mean. They go and change every small detail in history just for one movie. They are the Dark Falls of Cularin but instead they are mice.

Tython Awakening and Xammer like this.
  15. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    I thought this thread needed an update. I haven't been doing much Lostworlds stuff recently, but I'm going to start carrying on with teh lostworlds doc on my blog. Hopefully I'll have a new section up tomorrow. I'll post the link again when I have.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Invasion, Dawn of the Jedi, and Legacy are my stings.

17. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Ancient Star Wars is my big ouch. Old Republic could have been kept front and center with the Dawn of the Jedi-era developing in comics. People didn't have enough time to get attached to the DOTJ era and its characters.

18. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah Invasion and Dawn of the Jedi are a real shame.

I don't miss Legacy, not only was I not enjoying it any more we got the awesome Legacy vol 2.

19. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    I really enjoyed Dawn of the Jedi Book I (I must admit, I seem to like the olden age of Star Wars). If only it would've been continued... :(

I got the first three books of Legacy II for my birthday a few months back. I actually need to read them sometime!

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Yes DotJ was one of the best works ever by those creators. Really liked the Rakata and the Tython system.

Does legacy 2 have more than 3 books? or do you mean issues?

Darth Fandom likes this.
  21. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    Yep, Legacy II had 4 books. Sadly, my local comic shop only had the first 3 volumes.

AusStig and Iron_lord like this.
  22. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Ah that sucks.

I miss legacy 2, it was MUCH better (I feel) than legacy 1, more focused, though it was rushed ending.

I am waiting for the next epic collection, that should be legacy 2.

Darth Fandom likes this.
  23. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    I was just looking through what I've got on my Lostworlds blog page. Anybody would've liked other Han Solo Adventures novels or Princess Leia Adventures?

24. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I would have liked some Padme stories.

xezene and Darth Fandom like this.
  25. harryhenry

harryhenry Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2015
    The Brackett Leia novel would’ve been wonderful. I suppose we got a version of that through scenes in Barbera Hambly’s Children of the Jedi and Claudia Grey’s Leia: Princess of Alderaan.

P.S: Why is “The Scourge of the Nevotoa Bee Trilogy” and “Imperial Blood” on your Legends timeline? I still don’t quite know what those are.

Darth Fandom likes this.