main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lostworlds & Lost Words: Cancelled Media

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Fandom, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    This seems a bit premature, we don't even know if it's been cancelled or not.

2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I thought it was confirmed, nevermind.

3. Star Wars 1313 looked complete i always wanted a Boba Fett game

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  4. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I believe it was largely complete, and then it became a Boba Fett game.

From one article:
    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...-turmoil-brought-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    SpecForce Trooper and AusStig like this.
  5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    1313 was bridging TCW and Underworld Live Action post ROTS that Lucas had planned. Problem was it got axed due to infringing on Underworld story that was developed paralell but they did not coordinate well. Story underworld wanted to tell was apparently in the game (i.e. the making of Boba Fett) and so it had to go and was salvaged into TCW via some 1313 level episodes and optics. When Underworld then got axed too due to other troubles, axing 1313 was obsolete but already a done deal sadly.

6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I'm pretty sure it got axed after the Disney purchase, when LucasArts got shut down.

AusStig likes this.
  7. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Leaked assets from Battlefront 3 paint a very interesting picture. According to this Imgur gallery, we would get a look at the New Republic-era. Really not sure as to the context, but these designs are sure interesting.
    -A very Crimson Empire-looking NR trooper.
    [​IMG]
    -Very unique stormtroopers. Perhaps a distinct Phase between the OT armor and Legacy. I wonder what the paint represents. Perhaps the Remnant(?) brought back unit colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure there's information on the context/time placement, but I don't know where to look.

xezene, MercenaryAce, Daneira and 2 others like this.
  8. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    That Dathomi stuff looked cool. Shame we never got the full game.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  9. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    As I worried, the person who posted the leaked models seems to imply that the "Remnant" troopers merely belong to X1's warlord faction. Therefore, no more legitimate than something like the Raptors. Additionally, none of the OT armor seems to be fundamentally changed besides the chestplate. With that in mind, I don't think it could be considered a "Phase 4" or something equally dramatic.

Golbolco and AusStig like this.
  10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Dathomir? Link me please

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Just some stuff for the base on the planet. It is mentioned in the link.

12. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    First Assault really makes me wonder if we could've seen OT-era Imperial Commandos. The arms and weaponry are very similar here.
    [​IMG]
    Given the special forces focus of likely inspiration Call of Duty, it's certainly possible. I can't seem to find much information on this one, even sources for the models that are on the internet.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    AusStig likes this.
  13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The plot was used in one of the Battlefront handheld titles - Elite Squadron - so it does go into the New Republic Era, but only a bit from what I remember, tracking down the main villain on Vjun and Mustafar shortly after Endor.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  14. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    We knew of Lostworlds Battlefront games 3 and 4 with 4 respectively being an alternate universe where good characters are dark and likewise scenarios by FreeRadical. We even saw some concept art of those before, but since then and their file cataloguing this lostworld they expanded it into a full Wiki with over 66 pieces of character art alone and more for other stuff!

https://freeradical.fandom.com/

https://freeradical.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Battlefront_IV

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luke with a fancy Hat... hehehe, looks like he took Cronals headgear advice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as I said, 66 character artworks alone, more of else. anybody needing all pieces? I am saving what I can

15. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    New LOSTWORLD: Unreleased Topps SW card Set with art by Cliff Nielsen (NJO cover artists!!!), amongst others. Only two card arts are known, Jaina Solo and Padmé Amidala.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  17. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Came across this while browsing Wookieepedia: Vader's Legacy. It would have been an article by Abel G. Pena that would have tied into LOTF. Even though I haven't read LOTF past the 1st book, I've always loved Pena's writing and his mastery of drawing from obscure sources and making even the weirdest things in Star Wars make sense. I would have loved to see this.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  18. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Now that it's been long since cancellation, would it be worth reaching out to him and asking if he'd consider publishing it? Seems like the article was already written and never got published.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  19. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    That's... Not how i imagine her :p

Sinrebirth and Darth Fandom like this.
  20. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I believe this would qualify: Young Jedi Knights: The Proposed 1996 TV Series That Almost Was

[​IMG]

Basically, Fox Kids approached Lucasfilm to do the show in the mid-90s, and Lucasfilm was focused on the special editions and the prequels so they said, "Maybe, but not right now." Interesting to think about, especially knowing Fox Kids was talking with KJA and Moesta directly about it. A very interesting piece of "lostworlds." Full write-up is over at the linked thread.

21. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Not sure that Young Jedi Knights thing would really count as 'cancelled' as it never got past the proposal phase. It was just an idea that was turned down.

wreath, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  22. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    True. Still, interesting piece of apocrypha.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    It appears that a copy of Lightsider by Tom Veitch has surfaced. A redditor posted it last night first as a Google doc and then as a scan. Here is the scanned pdf: https://www.docdroid.net/81125jE/lightsiderpdf-pdf

I’m assuming that it’s authentic. There’s some interesting elaborations in the prose, and it’s a legendary lost work.

24. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I had a suspicion this was going to turn up at some point after Veitch's passing. Very intriguing if genuine, and it does appear to be at a first look.

Jedi Ben and Golbolco like this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Interesting timeline-related stuff:

Kam is 55 years old, "has been a Jedi for 40 years" and has been in hiding from Vader for 35 years.

It would appear that in this version, Vader is presumed to have gone dark about 6 years or so before Luke and Leia were born.