main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books LOTF - Skippable Books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Destiny975, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    Well, the ones I habitually skip, in Legacy of the Force, would be Tempest, often Exile, and Inferno (largely because I can't FIND the paperback presently - it's presumably in the attic somewhere) but I misplaced the other two, also. I generally LIKED the Traviss books, longwinded as they were, I can admit - although Revelation does drag on a bit. The Pellaeon stuff helps, and Traviss is pretty good at getting into Jacen's head. Hapans in Tempest began to wear on me, at times.
    And for Fate of the Jedi, I've never actually BOUGHT all the books - just Abyss, Allies, Conviction and Apocalypse, although I've skimmed and/or read detailed descriptions of the all the rest. Not so much Omen, though.
    And I definitely only read the first Dark Nest book in major detail - from the library, no less.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I should have just used this when I was trying to critique LotF over on the 'first time through' page!

JediAvatar, AusStig and Anedon like this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    To be fair, Jacen feels like that in other series as well. Like his family rarely shows any real intrest in what Jacen wants or is intrested in. And lets not forget than Han had a complete breakdown when Chewie died (at over 200 BTW) yet when Jacen seemingly dies(and Anakin dies for real) in SBS he is like sad for one scene and then goes back to jokeing around after that no problem. Like Jacen often reads as an outcast even to his family ever since YJK I would say.

Like that doesn´t excuse how they act in LotF but I feel this trend was already there in earlier books.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  4. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I don't know about YJK, but in SBS it was written by Denning.

adalmentia likes this.
  5. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    I get that with Han, but Leia was the one person who never gave up on him and believed he was alive. And Luke always seemed to care about him. Jaina and Anakin cared, for the most part.

adalmentia and AusStig like this.
  6. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Han was a much different person when Anakin died and Jacen "died" than he was when Chewie died. That was the whole point of his character arc in the books in between. He isn't going to make the same mistakes again, it isn't that he cared less.

Nobody145, AusStig and Destiny975 like this.