main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [LOTR] Mithlond/The Grey Havens - For All Creatures of Eru, Great And Small

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Dantana Skywalker, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very true. I read a book set in about 500 CE and a woman comments about how men went off to fight and women were left home to wait and worry, which was harder. Though I still like that movie Arwen gets a bigger role.

I haven't watched the extended version :(

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Elladan and Elrohir are also at the Council of Elrond scene.

It just made me a bit miffed that Figwit got more publicity and attention than canon characters. :p

3. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Isn't Erestor supposed to be in the Council scene? I've heard that the Elf beside Elrond is either supposed to be him or Elladan, but was never sure. Of course, one hears a lot of conflicting views regarding who really should be who. :p

And my, Figwit. Must dearly love the pretty boy elf with a screwy fan name. :p

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I heard it was supposed to be Elladan.

But yeah, who knows. :p

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Which one is he?

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Elrond's twin sons, Elladan and Elrohir.

[image=http://www.warofthering.net/gallery/galleries/albums/thecouncilofelrond/PDVD_1293.jpg]

7. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    I thought that was Erestor... *grins* Glad to to know there's a possibility I'm wrong.

Of course, it would have been asking too much of the film crews to label each and every single Elf. :p [face_laugh]

As for Figwit... it's best that I keep my mouth shut.

8. Obi-Gon_Skywalker

Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 25, 2008
    Hello all! I've just recently seen the Lord of the Rings on the Special Editions DVD so I've only been a fan for about two months.

Let's see, I read The Hobbit when I was in third grade with my mom, but never got around to reading the three other books. My all-time favorite character is Celebrian, Elrond's wife. I know she doesn't play that big of a part in The Silmarillion, but I've always imagined her as such a kind, motherly figure... Other favorite characters of mine include Elrond, Frodo, Legolas, Galadriel, and Celeborn.

9. LadyofAThousandDays

LadyofAThousandDays Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    My Favorite character(s) are Aragorn and Sam.

I love the evolution of Aragorn to the King he was meant to be, and as for Sam... well I find him heroic and wonderful.

10. Obi-Gon_Skywalker

Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 25, 2008
    I agree, Sam is very heroic. He's the one that kept Frodo going, making sure that Frodo didn't yield to the ring's power. I also find Sam's devotion to Frodo very touching [face_love].

11. Independence1776

Feb 3, 2006
    You should read the books, Obi-Gon. I found that getting out of the Shire is the longest part to read, but the story picks up once they get to Bree. As for Celebrían, she isn't in the Silm at all- she's mentioned thrice in the Appendixes of LotR.

Sam is a wonderful character, as is Aragorn.

I just realized I never recieved an answer to a question I asked a little while ago: do you want to start an index now or should we wait?

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry, meant who is Figwit. I know who the boys are.

13. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    This would be Figwit:

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e48/eliathenameless/mentorage/Figwit.jpg]

If I remember correctly, his name used to mean, "Frodo is great, who is that?!" since it's right after Frodo states he will bear the ring that you first see him, I think. He's just fan candy that got too much attention. :p

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That's awesome :D

15. Independence1776

Feb 3, 2006
    He's also the one, in RotK, who stands there saying "My lady" while Arwen rides away after the vision of her son.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, random question: Anyone here into roleplaying? I moderate a game, and we just lost our Legolas. Would anyone be interested in picking him up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.