main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [LOTR] Respite in the Gardens One-shot for Poetic Nature Roulette

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Apr 9, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Disclaimer: Borrowing with love.
    Characters: Melian, Celebiran, Galadriel

Context: Three valiant women who were long-parted find solace and healing in an indescribably beautiful setting.
    Fandom: LOTR

Poetic Nature Words Roulette by @ViariSkywalker

#1 is: Sirimiri – a Spanish word for a very light rain or fine drizzle; stronger than mist, but less than a shower

---

In the breathtakingly serene gardens of Lorien, Galadriel and Melian stroll with Celebrian from whom they had long been parted. Their embrace on meeting again upon the Deathless Shores of Valmar had been long and joyous. Elrond had greeted his heart's love with a speechless glance of joy before he crushed her close.

Bittersweet in all the gentle reunions was the lack of Arwen but knowing she had found bliss in her own choice soothed the ache of loss to a degree.

The nightingales sing in the lush flowering branches as a soft mist from the fountains catch the moonlight above.

Galadriel and Melian sigh for the wistfulness of recalling the glory of Telperion, the radiant silver tree, whose companion of unmitigated gold (Laurelin) brought to mind Galadriel's splendid tresses.

"It is grand to be here again after so many Ages of time," Galadriel comments softly, the starglow catching in her eyes, "I hope that the Valar will grant me succor and allow Celeborn to join me here across the Sundering Seas."

Melian nods. "Yes, it would be a reward worthy of your long travail and eventual triumph against Darkness."

Galadriel smiles in gratitude.

Celebrian warmly says: "Rivendell also proved to be a bastion against encroaching darkness as well, for many Folk, Elven and otherwise."

Galadriel agrees, "Not the least stalwart are the inhabitants of the Shire, without whose monumental efforts our final victory would have failed."

Recalling such harrowing struggles and uncertainty, surrounded as they were by such incredible loveliness, only an echo of the hardship lingered at the fringes of their awareness, while the vividness of the fragrant flowers and majestic trees enfolded their hearts and minds in a refreshing and soothing balm.

+++

Tarsier, Kahara, amidalachick and 3 others like this.
  2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    We can be with them in spirit! Lovely one-shot.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a sweet scene memorizing all that has happened during LOTR

4. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    What a lovely nighttime setting for this reunion; I could really picture it! Definitely a much-needed respite after everything they've been through.

Thanks for sharing this for the challenge! :)

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A very belated thank you to all the reviewers. @};- This piece was a joy to reread as an author ;) ... and I will totally be expanding upon this fandom and context for another mini games challenge. [face_love]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
    Kahara and ViariSkywalker like this.
  6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I thought I had commented here before but apparently not. :p

I definitely remember reading this before, though, and it's just as gorgeous the second time around. This is such a lovely, peaceful scene and there's such a sense of joy and resting after a long, harrowing journey. The friendship between them all shines through, too. A beautiful response to a beautiful challenge! [face_love]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the re-read ;) @};- LOTR is one of my absolute favorite fandoms. [face_love]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
    Kahara and amidalachick like this.
  8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    So evocative. I think my favorite elements were the nightingales and starlight in Galadriel’s eyes.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you. [:D] I love the thought of these three in moments of friendship and reflection surrounded by such unalloyed gorgeousness. :) [face_sigh] They have each done so much to win peace and free Middle-Earth from oppressive darkness. @};-

Kahara likes this.
  10. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Beautiful! [face_love]