main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Lounge

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Bummer about your flat dude.

Bummer about your 7s weekend dude.

Welcome back. It's been lonely here by myself talking to Mad Gerald..... 8-}

2. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    hey SFL good luck in the south island mate

pity about you missing the 7's

still getting the call, the price of Fame mate

so how is everyone doing

weather over here is hot mid to high 30's for the last couple of weeks and even got up to 43 one day

way to hot, maybe time to move back to the rain

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    peeks in

Everyone still alive over there? :p ;)

4. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    We're all fine here now. How are you?? 8-}

5. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    hot

damm hot

have you seen the weather we are having over here

40 + for 4 days

i want to move home to the cold and rain

i miss it so

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We hit 45 on Tuesday last week, 6 days straight of 40 + and the near on 100 year old record has been broken. It's taking it's toll, about 35 people a day are dropping off the perch due to heat stress etc.....mostly oldies who are alone which is very sad. Some are 'old fashioned' in their thinking and won't turn the air con on to save money or don't seek help when they feel sick as they are sure they will 'be fine'. I've been ringing my parents twice a day and they are only in their mid 60's, just to check. Mum says she will use the air con and send me the bill! :p

But it's good to hear you lot are alive still!!

7. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    It feels too hot over here while I'm stressing out trying to organise the move and it's not breaking 30. Suck to be in Auzzie.

Cheers Roff and Farmboy. Yea, the move should be good. Bit gutted about the 7s but oh well, I'm actually passing through Wellington the on 5th, which is when i would have been there normally. funny. So I'll be back in the Red and Black of Canterbury on the 6th.

Ever since I came back to Auckland after uni I said i'd rather live in Chch. Now I am going to be, and not only that but with a new job (new truck included) and most importantly, living with the most amazing woman I've ever met. In the big picture, things couldn't be better, though on a smaller scale everything seems to be going wrong. //sigh//

Saw my Dr today for some signatures for my application for passport and i got blood pressure checked, it was 108/60 hence my blacking out when i stand up from the couch / seat / bed. He said I need more stress to raise it, NO I BLOODY DON'T. haha Mum said if I wasn't as stressed as I am, I'd be dead with no blood pressure at all, lol!

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    It feels too hot over here while I'm stressing out trying to organise the move and it's not breaking 30. Suck to be in Auzzie.

Cheers Roff and Farmboy. Yea, the move should be good. Bit gutted about the 7s but oh well, I'm actually passing through Wellington the on 5th, which is when i would have been there normally. funny. So I'll be back in the Red and Black of Canterbury on the 6th.

Ever since I came back to Auckland after uni I said i'd rather live in Chch. Now I am going to be, and not only that but with a new job (new truck included) and most importantly, living with the most amazing woman I've ever met. In the big picture, things couldn't be better, though on a smaller scale everything seems to be going wrong. //sigh//

Saw my Dr today for some signatures for my application for passport and i got blood pressure checked, it was 108/60 hence my blacking out when i stand up from the couch / seat / bed. He said I need more stress to raise it, NO I BLOODY DON'T. haha Mum said if I wasn't as stressed as I am, I'd be dead with no blood pressure at all, lol!

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Can't Argue, this heat is oppressive and kinda sucks the life out of ya...so yeah, does suck to be a South Aussie right about now!

Most guys have high blood pressure, so you are blessed, in a sick sorta way :p Your mum's probably right!

10. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Hey Mark. Sounds like you need a break my friend.
    I-)

11. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah bro, have a day off. get some greek recipe and a Blue Duck down you and you'll be fine. hope the move went well.

Went to the MCG tonight and watched the Black Caps destroy the Aussies, that brings warm feelngs to my heart.

and of course, Happy Waitangi Day :)

12. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Missed another raucous sevens mate. Will pit some photos up once i've 'edited' them :D

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Well, finally have internet at the flat. All settled in and all my stuff arrives tomorrow so it's gonna be a bit exciting to get things sorted out. The flat's awesome. 50m from the beach, 2mins walk to the pub, 3min drive to the best bakery I've been to. Better pies than Hilliers Pies (JP / Cen). These pies are stunning! :) Dangerous really.

New job's cruisy and interesting, learning new stuff and might be project managing a few things sortly, so yea. All good down in Chch :)

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I watched a NZ news report the other day and I think there was only one city that didn't have rain predicted! Here we are dying in the worst drought in history and you guys are getting the water we need! LOL Then again, North Qld is getting it's more than fair share of water. One end our country is drowning and the other end is burning....it's not pretty.

15. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    The seasons are all screwed and mother nature is paying us back! Sounds like a good premise for a movie!

16. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    Afternoon all. I'm just dropping in as I'm looking to move down there at some point in the near future, (by that I mean this year).

How is every one?

Edit: BTW nice outfit SithForceLord.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Down to New Zealand? That's a huge move for you! One hemisphere to the other! Very brave indeed! I'm sure the NZFF will make you feel wonderfully welcome. ;) :D

18. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Video from one of our trips last year

clicky

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Very nice bro. I've actually got a passport now. Off to Oz this Sunday morning. Boss is picking me up at some ungodly hour and getting back Wed night. Gotta do work Mon / Tue but should get some time in Sun PM and Wed AM to have a look around. Only Sydney but still, nice to get out amongst it finally. Pretty jealous of Alaska / Canada. Robyn and I are really keen on doing an intrepid journey through Borneo... but it might be several months off at least.

20. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    great video. love the road trip in the snow

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You all still alive over there? [face_worried]

22. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Maybe.... I-)

23. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    could be, just waiting for it to stop raining and the sun to come out

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Will Swap you!! It's 40 degrees right now and they are saying 43 for today. Applied for a permit to have a wading pool for the kids, and I suspect by the time we get it the summer will be over!

25. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    40 degrees is bearable as long as the humidity stays down. Nothing worse than being dripping wet and hot (from a certain point of view ;)).

Mid to high twenties here in the south of Nu Zilind. Not a bad couple of days actually. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.