main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Love Letter Before the Saga anthology thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Title: Jango Fett: Haunted
    Author: Dormé
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Jango Fett struggles with letting his love go. May be considered a little anti-Valentines Day story, but hey, sometimes sith happens, especially in the L-O-V-E department. :p
    Characters: Jango Fett, (OC)Raé
    Word Count: about 1635
    Time Period: Takes place just before TPM, prior to Boba, and dealings with Count Dooku.
    Author's Note: I am currently writing a Jango story in which these incidents, and the character Raé will be featured in. It's to be posted in the late spring/early summer, so if you're interested I'll be glad to pm you once I start posting. :)

~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~

Jango Fett: Haunted

His life now... or her. He simply could not have both. He couldn?t explain it. He had to choose. Or so he told himself, as he cradled his fear.

Although rain tapped incessantly on the window, all Jango Fett could hear was dull droning. He stood protectively, with his arms folded, and his legs rooted on the cold floor of his residence on Kamino. The bounty hunter?s face was like that of stone, he was concentrated in thought, and though he wanted nothing more then to block her out completely... But his mind always traced back to them. Even when it hurt, even when it tortured him, even when he dared not-- he wouldn?t fight it. It was a battle within himself, he couldn?t kill his feelings off like he could a soldier. No. And this was why he had to go. He wasn?t supposed to feel like this! A warrior has no weakness, no vulnerability-- What if she got hurt again? It would be his fault. Could he risk her like that?

Raé was beautiful, Raé was.... Jango clenched his teeth. Looking away from the bland Ocean view, his eyes darted rapidly around the room for a moment, as if trying to find something to shut out his reality. He ran his fingers over his face and through his ebony hair. Despite it all he had to tell her goodbye... He closed his eyes as he remembered her...

~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~

The countryside of Corellia was serene and isolated. It was dusk, the sun had slipped under the rolling green hills, and they were back at her simple homestead, Away from the rest of the galaxy, where they could just be together.

Raé?s laughter rang brightly in Jango?s ears. ?You?re such a liar!? She said smacking Jango?s arm affectionately. ?That?s not how it happened at all!? She pouted.

?Oh is it then?? Jango taunted her, leaning in closer with interest. He flashed her lopsided grin.

Raé fought back her smile, rolling her eyes, ?Oh Please!? Her and Jango locked eyes and she narrowed them in caution. ?What do you think? You?re going to charm your way out of this one?"

?No, course not.? He huffed, ?I?m just curious to hear how it really went? since I?m such a liar.?

?Well,? She began very seriously, eyeing him closely, as if to help her remember. ?You were a scoundrel, a crude rouge. The first thing that came to my mind was some sort of starship dealer. Mainly because you smelt so strongly of---?

Jango gave her a look of mock fascination, daring her to continue. Raé finished, ?Oil, smoke, body odor-" Her voice trailed off.

?All right!? He cleared his throat, ?Listen Miss, I think I get the general picture, let?s just try to get to the point here.? He insisted sternly, even though Raé could tell he was biting his cheeks to avoid smiling.

?You came to kidnap me which you later found to be pointless, as I had told you, and due to the fact that as a bounty hunter,? She said ?bounty hunter? very importantly, ?You couldn?t even catch the proper bounty.?

?Hey!? Jango pointed his

2. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Well this challenge certainly did bring out some wonderful things didn't it? Some to laugh with. Some to cry with. Some very interesting things.

I have agree that Yoda has been watching too much PotC but then I can't really say anything about that since I'm up to 2.3 times a week or something now. Very funny [face_laugh] in a disturbing sort of way. Though not as disturbing as Garen and his starfighter... [face_laugh]

Thanks for the kind words/faces NJ and HHP for my own probably equally disturbing work. I actually feel that I owe Madame Nu a proper tale now though, poor woman. Someday...

I think the judges are going to have their hands full.

KD

3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Very nice entries here! :)

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_laugh] HHP and Jade!!!! Too funny! :D

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I thought I should comment on the stories I've read. Lots of great stories.

Jacen - This was very sad. Poor Xan wanting to be loved and Zenia loving him but not enough to give up the ways of the Jedi. Good job.

ViariSkywalker - I liked that the letter had such hope and longing. Yet the mother could sense that all was not well and she tried to hide it from her young son. I liked the hopeful letter very much.

Ty-gon Jinn - I recognized the Emma references right away. I like that you were able to incorporate them and the subtle byplay of the two sisters in this fic. Nicely done.

Jedi_Nifet - That the letter had been several years in coming was a wonderful touch. It appears that Obi-wan added her last name since it was in a different person's name. I especially liked the ending - sweetly sad.

Jade_Skywalker - I liked that you were able to show a slave's life and how little it is really worth to the owner. Tearing people away from their loved ones and family without a second thought. It was very satisfying that Kalisha thought of Conner at the end. Good job on this.

6. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    More comments...

Shaindl - What can I say? This had me in stitches. I even told people at work about it (of course, they just shook their heads) but I did send them the URL. Loved the S3XI. Subtle and funny. Loved the whole thing - get a hanger - LOL.

Nerpherder - What an interesting take on Palpatine's rise to power. All for the love of a woman that apparently didn't love him back. No wonder he was so unhappy in ROTJ. Good job.

ca_tron - That was very sad - that Obi-Wan had this unrequited love for another and she never knew it. Poor guy and then to tear up the letter when he found out that she loved someone else. Nicely done.

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan You realize that you are one sick woman!!! I'll never be able to look at Yoda and Yaddle again without laughing. The lovenames they gave each other was sickeningly sweet - made me want to retch but that was your intent, wasn't it??? Loved it!

Reihla - Oh, that was so sad. I really liked that Qui-Gon interfered and sent the letter after all. That way, Obi-Wan was at least sure that she loved him to the last. Sweet and wonderful.

Knight_Dilettante - I must admit that I don't like Madama Nu. Seems too fussy and prim to be a real Jedi. But the exchange of letters led me on a merry chase to figure out if it was a Jinn/Nu match or not. That it was translations was quite startling and subtly funny. Well done.

obaona - The love story was quite amusing. Loved the kata and picnic references to "other" activities. You hit their banter quite well. Good job.

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Still more...

NarundiJedi - Nomi Sunrider is not really known to me (I know she was in a comic series but little else) but you were able to fill in a lot of gaps and make the two women come to life. Very sad and poignant. Good job with it.

Jemmiah - Loved the setup to the laundry mess... red and pink Jedi outfits the latest rage...LOL.. when Jemmy is done with them. The poem at the end was quite amusing and really finished off the fic nicely.

JadeSolo - Jade, Jade, Jade. That was very cute. Loved that Garen loved his starfighter. He waxed eloquent on that subject!! You are too funny. Still waiting for you to go into political satire. You'd be perfect!

Dormé - Really liked the way you've made Jango into a more human individual. I thought he was too stiff in the movie but you've softened him up considerably. Lovely.

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    SECTION A ? BEFORE THE SAGA ANTHOLOGY THREAD

(Find your name please)

Reviews:

Jacen200015 ? Interesting story. While I am unfamiliar with the character Zenia, her characterisation as a Jedi did not falter by allowing a relationship and breaking the Jedi Code. The way you set the scene by Xanatos and then Zenia knocking on each other?s doors disrupted the flow of the story. I don?t believe that Xanatos would have been able to find sleep after delivering such a note to his lady love. In the future, please indicate changing scenes (e.g. by using symbols - ~, *, ^, #, etc). Overall, I enjoyed reading your submission.

ViariSkywalker ? This is such a beautiful story, Vi. I adore the title. Very unusual and very original. The characters were extremely believable and I didn?t spot any cliché dialogue. The love letter between the mother and father was something I would expect from two closet romantics. A heart-warming romantic story.

Ty-Gon Jinn ? I thought I?d see you here. You are a challenge monster, Ty. I enjoyed reading your entry. I especially loved the Jane Austin-style of writing. I?m not one for reading classic novels, but in small doses, I enjoy her style. The dialogue between the two sisters was fabulous. Sounds like Mascha is the romantically troubled one of the two. And I agree with her; the letter definitely had a feminine touch (you seem to be quite the romantic yourself, Ty) ;).

Jedi_Nifet ? There is something endearing about this story. Perhaps it is the sadness of it all and the thought that Qui-Gon waited thirteen years to send his feelings to her. I felt that this story really had a conclusion. There was nothing left hanging in the wind. Lovely story. It was a joy to read.

Jade_Skywalker ? Fantastic! I didn?t expect to see a love story based on ?And Then There Was Light?. I?m still a supporter for a darksider/Kalisha relationship, but Connor is sweet. He?s also a good friend to those around him and a hard worker ? something I respect about him. You already know I enjoyed reading this piece. I loved how you ended this short story with Kalisha thinking about him, yet not becoming cliché by saying that Kalisha ?received the message?.

Shaindl ? What can I say? I LOVED it! Wonderfully original and there was no clichéd storyline or dialogue in sight! How on Earth did you come up with this story? Even before I started reading it, I chuckled at the story ? I adore that song. Fabulous work. Droid lovin? at its best ;).

Nerpherder ? Interesting short story. I like how you purposed a theory about why Palpatine rose to power.

Ca-tron ? It?s a shame Obi-Wan never got the chance to express his feelings. When an opportunity for love comes along, you have to snap it up before it disappears to dust. Good story!

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan ? Bel, this is too cute. Splendid job! I love how you gave both characters some depth and some fun. Living hundreds of years doesn?t mean that their youth ever dries up ? as long as they feel young inside. You had me laughing all over the place! I swear, between you and Shaindl, I?ll be snorting all day. Awesome!

Reihla ? Wow. Simply wow. I can see why you had such a difficult time keeping it under the word limit. This is a beautiful, hard-breaking story. You have a fine prose and a knack for description. This story is amazing and I know it?ll be tremendously popular in its own thread. Thank you so much for writing it. I?m so impressed by this work.

Knight_Dilettante ? Great story! I loved your use of humour! Poor Obi-Wan, jumping to drastic conclusions like that. You had me convinced, though, that Obi-Wan and Madame Nu were breaking the code. LOL at Qui-Gon beard getting soaked in ink!

Obaona ? LOL! Good work, oba! Nice to see hilarity between two serious characters! And imagine Qui-Gon encrypting their comm. channels! I?d say he?s quite the mischievous Jedi Master.

NarundiJedi ? Beautiful work, Hel! I do love your prose. It

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    AmidalaSkywalker: Sounds like Mascha is the romantically troubled one of the two. Yes, Mascha's romantically challenged. I believe I described her eventual fate in Home for the Holidays, when Sath and Sulva Maorov were married and had eleven children...

"Masha, Sulva?s sister, smiled. Because the Kameer females outnumbered the males, enough to throw off statistics but not enough to warrant polygamy, some females from every family were left single. They traditionally became caregivers, helping out their sisters and their nuclear families. The aunts were a tie to the extended family, and in Sulva?s family, Masha was the only such caregiver. However, it was a touchy subject for her, so no one dared explain it that way to Martuf."

dianethx: I'm glad you like it! "Subtle" is what I was going for. :p

10. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    OE - I'm glad you enjoyed and that I could make you laugh. You're the best, dear! :)

HHP - we should form a mutual appreciation society! :D Loved your story too - thanks for reading mine.

Bellyup - thank you! You couldn't have said anything nicer about my writing. :)

NarundiJedi - thanks!

Diane - aw, you're too sweet. Of all the things people commented on, I was surprised that no one mentioned the names I gave all the droids. I'm glad that someone picked up on them - and totally not surprised that it was you. :)

Am - thank you so much! When I saw the challenge, one of the things I wanted to do was interpret "love letter" in as different a way as possible. So I tried to come up with the most unlikely characters I could. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :) As to where the idea came from, my mind wanders down interesting roads when I'm half-asleep. ;)

11. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    You had me convinced, though, that Obi-Wan and Madame Nu were breaking the code.

:shudder: I hope that was a typo, Am, and you meant Qiu-Gon and Madame Nu or I am going to have to never post again without a beta. Thanks for the feedback everyone. It is very much appreciated. Considering that it has been flatteringly positive I will probably post the tale in its own thread in its longer incarnation the next time I need light and fluffy to work on.

KD

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Ty-Gon, eleven children? My, what a number ? and a handful! Good to see a happy ending.

Shaindl, I hope your mind continues to wander down those roads when future challenges are on. I?ll be looking out for some more of your work!

K_D, yes, it was indeed a typo! Force knows what I was thinking when I typed ?Obi-Wan?. Oh well ? both names do have a hyphen, so I can see where I might have gone wrong ;).

Am [face_love]

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Am: Yes, eleven children. ;) The Kameer have litters of babies (I refer to them as "birth-packs" in the stories for decency's sake), so it becomes possible to have many, many, children. Since I actually went into statistics a little bit, I made up a whole bunch for them...

If you'd like to see those, let me know. :)

14. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Bringing this up to the top so people can read them all again....

Congrats to Reihla, Shaindl and HHP for the VIPships. And a well done to all those who entered.

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh... congrats to Reihla, Shaindl and HHP for those marvelous entries and all who submitted.

16. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Yes indeed. Splendid job you three. I read all of your pieces, and they were great! :)

17. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Upping this so people can look through it once more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.