main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Love Letter The Saga anthology thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *grins* Thanks, dianethx! :) Yes, he only had a few moments of screen time, but he came across as a very strong character - I got the impression that under the gruff exterior, he was a total softie. ;) Thanks again. (And if there's an award for best reviewer, you should definitely get it. [face_mischief])

2. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Thank you, dianethx. :) It's nice to have someone show they've read your story in as thoughtful a way as you have.

Also, Aeryn_Sun and CrystalKenobi. I appreciate the replies! :)

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Fate: Your letter was very sweet, well-written, and very original. It was nice seeing a letter based on that time period. Something different.

4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    What attracted me Livi was your title, and how the theme of butterfly fit into the story. It worked really well, too.

~aeryn

5. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Thanks so much, SaraKenobi! :) I decided to do this 25 minutes before the deadline, so I didn't get a chance to look at the others before I wrote mine. If I had, I probably would have expanded mine to show the story behind the letter. I might just do that. But I thought I'd show a relationship that doesn't get a lot of attention, just to be contrary. :p

Now it's my turn. I'm afraid I didn't get to read them all, and I won't remember who wrote what, but I'm going to try.

stacysatrip: The letter that Anakin wrote at 10 was adorable, and it really showed his personality. I could easily see little Jake writing that with grubby stylus in hand. ;)

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan: Yours was a really creepy one. It started out happy and light, with Anakin appearing to be enjoying a romantic interlude with his wife. And then he kisses her... and tastes the poison on her cold lips. That made me gasp out loud. Bravo. [face_mischief]

MissPadme: I really liked Chewie's pointers to Han - it made me laugh, and so did the fact that the Wookiee seems to know more about the emotional needs of women than Han, Mr. 'Suaviness' himself. He knew about chocolate and all that. I loved it. :)

There were so many others... the one about the neglected handmaiden whose love for Anakin will never be returned, the one that Padmé wrote to Anakin shortly after he offers his heart to her and she rejects him for his own good, and so many others I can't remember. Everyone did a wonderful job, and I for one echo the general relief at not being forced to chose my favorite three. :p

Edit: I went back to find the names. :)

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I plan to give the whole thread a good read, once I have the time this week that is. 8-}

I've been reading pieces of each effort when I've been able too, and just by doing that you can see the time and patience taken to construct each one. It's really great to see everyone take such interest as a group.

Congradulations to everyone is in great order. :)

7. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Wow! So many wonderful entries.

I wish I had time to comment on each one, but I don't. Suffice it to say the variety was a real treat, and I thought the range of emotions (from tender to happy, and even a few creepy...) was great.

It's pretty cool that we can get so many different results from the same premise.

I don't envy the judges. ;)

8. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    AERYN_SUN: Thanks. :)

Crystal: I'm with Anakin in that dumb rules are made to be broken--and Obi-Wan deserves to know a woman. ;)

dianethx: I thought both Obi-Wan and Anakin deserved a fairer shake than they got in the real GFFA.

Thanks to everyone who read and replied. :)

9. Ellcrys3

Ellcrys3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback dianethx, I appreciate it. I always thought that Shmi and Anakin had a very precious mother/son relationship.

By the way, excellent job everyone, I was humbled by the writing prowess showed here. Cheers!

10. DARKSIDE5

DARKSIDE5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2004
    Its GGGGRRREEEEEEAAAATTTTT!!!! :D

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    SECTION B ? THE SAGA ANTHOLOGY THREAD

(Find your name please)

Reviews:

Stacysatrip ? Nice story! I think your style definitely suits that of a ten year old. You didn?t make him out to be a Gary Stu that somehow took desert writing classes. My favourite sentence had to be the only about a blanket and how she made him feel safe. He wasn?t to know that the roles would be reversed ten years later.

Rhonderoo ? Good work! I like how you portrayed Vader as feeling detached at the start of the scene. However, I can?t help but wonder how Vader got a hand on Padme?s things, and furthermore, why the Emperor allowed his personal servant to keep such emotional things that he knew would help Anakin resurface. Also, why didn?t Vader discover the unopened letter earlier? I think I ask too many questions.

Darth_Lex ? I love your prose. Very smooth and steady. Fantastic work on this piece. I really enjoyed being able to read and judge this story for the challenge. I knew that when I started reviewing this category I would see many A/A fics, but I didn?t expect more than a handful to follow canon. Actually, it?s not often that I see a canon story here on the boards. Also, I thought your characterisation was dead on. This was a delight to read.

Sara_Kenobi ? Very nice! I think your story holds true to the fact that only Han?s closest friends didn?t give up on him. I can?t imagine what Leia felt being told by the Alliance that the man she loved was dead.

Thumper09 ? You tricked me! You had me thinking that the letter was for the Welker. Although, unrequited love suits fan fiction much better, I didn?t see that coming. Good story! Welker should paste his heart to his shirt and go find another female medic. He might be able to find someone special.

Lady-Kenobi ? Very cute. I like the title you chose for this piece. Thank you for sharing!

Jacen200015 ? Nice use of OCs and a Bant cameo! I especially liked how you sequenced the battle and the letter together in one scene.

Anakin_girl ? Great job! I chuckled at Obi-Wan opening sentence ? very fitting. I wonder how Anakin managed to survive those constant years of dreadful cooking. My favourite section has to be the middle of the second paragraph.

CrystalKenobi ? This lady with peach coloured eyes intrigues me. Is she an OC? Nice story!

GuerreStellari ? You know, the name Tar-Lal reminds me of Superman?s alien name. Good story! I wonder how many people were stranded on Coruscant once the Clone Wars were in full swing. There would have been so many families broken.

KrystalBlaze ? Chilling, purely chilling. The POV you chose is very unique and unusual. It gave an appropriate feeling of distance and emotion. Quite surreal. Fabulous imagery!

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ -- LOL! What a cheeky couple! Great work! I like how they describe themselves as high and dry in their respective business. You have a good eye for details, too. Although, I did picture a VERY beat-up, VERY run-down station. Jag sounds a tad like my step-father ? too many ideas and projects, but not enough time in the day to complete them.

JediNemesis ? Amazingly brilliant! Derisa said everything I wanted to say. You worked incredibly well with the word limit. I?m very impressed by this entry. It was extremely beautiful and compelling. I could just *feel* the emotion there. Thank you for writing this fanfic!

AERYN_SUN ? Nice work! It?s very in-character for Obi-Wan to put the Jedi Order?s wishes before his own.

Livi-Wan ? You would expect Anakin to have a few admirers on the side. Good effort at portraying one of those forgotten, little people!

Geo3 ? Wonderful! You chose a very original title. I also liked the secret meaning of the words: ?All is well.? Though, Anakin?s involvement with Palpatine unnerves me. Those two definitely have absolute power. And you know what they say: ?Absolute power corrupts absolutely.? Padme deserves a few lu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.