main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Love Me Two Times - Horror/Adventure/Romance completed 7/19/07! Thanks for all the votes! A/N

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrentusofGath, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Atris finally looked in her direction. "Master Alana, have you completed your investigation into the death of Knight Dugg?"

"It is still ongoing," Alana replied curtly.

"So why are you here?"
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] loved it

mush [face_laugh] Looks like they could give them more head room in those bunks.

I have a feeling Tak is going to be harder to scare than they think .

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Tak and Aria are cute together. (they're never going to get that extra minute so long as Tak's comm is on!)

And... much trouble this way somes. Oh dear.

Good post. :)

3. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    "Masters," he huffed, "Padawan Gullet is dead! I found his body shoved in a disposal chute. There must be Sith everywhere!"

:eek:

The Jedi are dropping like flies!!!

Master Alana will be next...

[face_worried]

"It seems you have your work cut out for you, Master Alana," Atris admonished.

She does indeed [face_devil]

In the soft, low light, he saw the glint of water on her face. He saw through the exterior, down into their bond, past her defenses. He saw what she wanted to be, what she pretended to be, and what the Force was calling her to be. He saw that what she wanted to be, was not what she was meant for.

Ooh... :D I like the way he was checking her out on the inside, as opposed to her exterior form ;)

She moved like a frightened gazelle over to quietly sit beside him. She quickly wrapped her arms around him and held on tightly. "I know what I did was wrong, and I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to stop being my Master."

*holds breath*

That could work... they could be together more freely then...

;)

Aria leaned up and lightly brushed her nose and lips against the side of his face. Ever so sweetly she began kissing his cheek, working her way toward his ear.

Aww...

[face_love]

They're getting some action! And Tak's not pulling away! :eek:

Does that mean he likes it?? [face_mischief]

The small comm device suddenly went off. Aria jumped, striking her head on the bunk above her.

"Of all the interruptions," she whispered dejectedly.

Aww...

[face_dammit]

Of all the interruptions indeed! :(

Sun-Gon stared, slack jawed at the grisly forms before him. The Dark Lord was showing him his experiments of old in ghastly detail. Horrid sounds invaded his ears, sounds of the long dead echoing through time. Frightful sights and smells performed a thrilling ballet before him, causing his heart to increase its already rapid pace.

[face_sick]

Good descriptions...

"Do you understand now, my eager young pupil?" Master Deth queried.

"I understand," Sun-Gon replied, a wicked grin forming on his lips. "I must find a specimen to try this out on."

[face_worried]

Uh-oh...

"You mean Tak is coming here?" Sun-Gon yelled into the comm.

Tak?!?

[face_worried]

Let me guess... he's going to Sun-Gon's experiment?

Sun-Gon put the comm back in his robes and rubbed his hands together. He glared at the Sith ghost. "I need to try this technique out on my old master first. His power will make me invincible!"

:( Unfortunately, I was right.

Deth shook his head. "You must deal with your current master first. He hides, cowers away from the Jedi. He is an embarrassment to the Sith! He must pay the price for his cowardice! Take his power into yourself and your old master will not be able to stop you."

Ok, so Tak is safe... for now...

[face_worried]

"How many were successfully brainwashed before this happened? And how many remain in their cells?"

"Not many were finished in their modifications," a male growled. "Only one wing of cells remain undisturbed. In the underground facility."

"Take me there," Val commanded. "I want all personnel to meet me there. I will put the Jedi back in their place."

[face_worried]

Things are getting quite bad for the Jedi now...

Great update! I really enjoyed the Tak/Aria mush [face_love]

Ant. ]-}

4. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Yeah...I've gotten so far behind.[face_blush] But not anymore.

"It is all right," the Master waved him off. "I hadn't realized how late it was." She came to stand beside the Knight.

Blue flashed.

The Knight, his jaw slack, eyes staring off in wonder, slumped into a pool of red which was quickly forming beneath him.

The master bent down and grabbed the shoulders of the body and began dragging it toward a back exit. Temporarily disposing of the body, the murderer returned to what she was doing.

Yikes!! [face_worried] There is a mole in the Jedi Temple!

"Well," Jalak asked. "Are you going to share? I never did learn to understand that tin can of yours."

T1 raspberried his displeasure.

I like that droid. :D

She moved like a frightened gazelle over to quietly sit beside him. She quickly wrapped her arms around him and held on tightly. "I know what I did was wrong, and I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to stop being my Master."

After a short time, Tak put his arm around her and looked down into her face. "I said it was all right. We will get through this together. Besides, I'm going to need you to help me fight the Sith, aren't I?"

Aww, they are so cute together!

"Take me there," Val commanded. "I want all personnel to meet me there. I will put the Jedi back in their place."

This can't be good. [face_worried]

Great updates!! =D= =D=

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Me thinks Alana is our traitor ;) She's not very controlled for a Master, is she - considering she lost it in session *laughs* I'm curious to see where you take that side story.

Tak and Aria *sighs* They just don't have good luck, do they? *grin* Canderous is about as bad as an interruption as you can get *chuckle* Ah well, it was a sweet scene. I love how Aria's the aggressor - and Tak seems to be struggling against it. I'm curious about her future too - what has Tak seen and what/where/when will they part ways. Because, no matter how much I think otherwise, I can't see Tak keeping Aria with him if she's bound for another pathway *grin*

Sun-Gon's learning quickly, isn't he? Deth is interesting, very pursuasive in his arguments as to what Sun-Gon needs to learn. It should be interesting to see what he does to his Master with Deth's techniques ;)

As for Val, we now have proof he's a Sith and a high ranking one at that is the others obey him. [face_thinking] and we have proof they're doing what Tak told the council they're doing. Though, I am curious as to what exactly will happen - not to mention who's stuck in the Sith indoctrination center.

[face_peace] way to keep the tension going, my friend.

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sorry about the temporary disappearance - DRL has been slapping me round again. :(

suggesting Brentus & Tahi 'get a room' for all their mindless puns and similies and other literary devices*
    Yeah, baby, yeah. ;)

And ooh! there's something rotten in the State of Jedihood. Alana seems to know far too much.

Good to see Aria standing up for her master against those stuck up Jedi masters. :)

Ha - looks like Sun-Gon is about to have a close brush with Deth. :D

Glad to see Canderous escaped yet another attack, but it's sure creepy about the lack of blood. [Twilight Zone music]

Have to rush off to act as transport yet again for kids - so will catch up with everything later. :)

7. NerdWOMAN

NerdWOMAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2005
    Sorry I've missed your posts. :(

However, I'm all caught up now! Great as always master.

The small comm device suddenly went off. Aria jumped, striking her head on the bunk above her. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] doh...

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm back. :) And I see it's a case of the old "younger woman having a crush an an older man" situation. Interesting that you only showed us Aria's thoughts there and not Tak's. Good ploy, as it keeps us guessing as to his feelings. :)

Ha - I guessed it was Alana who was the bad apple. I wonder how long it will take the others to catch on. I like how you show Alana's impatience with their passivity as a motivation for opting for the dark side. It makes her decision understandable.

Oh dear - I don't like Mega Deth giving Sun-Gon a way to destroy Tak. This is not good - but it is great in terms of dramatic tension. :)

Marvellous posts. Things are hottin' up in the old town.

9. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Noelie posted: And what is it with Ex-Jedi and their past masters? Can't the just let go??

[face_laugh] Apparently not. It must have something to do with the rebellious child syndrome.

Meredith_Kenobi posted: Things are getting VERY interesting

That they are. [face_devil]

NiobeAsha posted: I'm half afraid to see who gets whacked next.

Hehe, it's like a mystery that never ends... well, except that it does end eventually. :p

KELIA posted: What a sweet, tender moment between Tak and Aria

You would know, Master, since you specialize in mush. [face_peace]

Lea-El posted: Looks like they could give them more head room in those bunks.

LOL! Yup, things are a bit too cramped for that kind of action. [face_mischief]

DaenaBenjen42 posted: (they're never going to get that extra minute so long as Tak's comm is on!)

Maybe Aria will unplug it next time. ;)

Jedi-Ant posted: Ooh... I like the way he was checking her out on the inside, as opposed to her exterior form

He's not overly materialistic. There's two sides, inside and out, and it's important for two people to like both sides. [face_mischief]

Does that mean he likes it??

Mmmm, could be. *shrug* :Þ

Of all the interruptions indeed!

But it's your favorite interruption... Canderous.

Ok, so Tak is safe... for now...

LOL! He's not even there yet.

LilyHobbitJedi posted: Yikes!! There is a mole in the Jedi Temple!

Not exactly. ;)

Aww, they are so cute together!

I'm glad you think so. :)

Jade_Max posted: Me thinks Alana is our traitor

Maybe no, maybe so. I ain't talkin. :Þ

They just don't have good luck, do they?

But Jedi don't believe in luck.

Because, no matter how much I think otherwise, I can't see Tak keeping Aria with him if she's bound for another pathway *grin*

Unless he's bound for the same path too. [face_peace]

It should be interesting to see what he does to his Master with Deth's techniques

You'll get see soon... in the next chapter. :)

Tahi posted: Good to see Aria standing up for her master against those stuck up Jedi masters.

Hehe, those poor old masters, so out of tune with the real galaxy.

Ha - looks like Sun-Gon is about to have a close brush with Deth.

You might say his new master will be the Deth of him.

*crowd throws rotten tomatoes*

but it's sure creepy about the lack of blood. [Twilight Zone music]

I'll say it's creepy. You didn't have to write it in the dark with a monster lurking in the apartment. ;)

NerdWOMAN posted: Sorry I've missed your posts.

You haven't missed anything, they've been right here as always, waiting for you. :) No problemo.

Tahi posted: Ha - I guessed it was Alana who was the bad apple.

Mmmm, could be.

Things are hottin' up in the old town.

A hot cha cha! *feels really old for knowing Jimmy Durante* :p

Canderous hooking up with the Jedi again?

Sun-Gon doing evil things?

Alana investigating the latest death?

Well, that's about it for the next chapter: Much Ado About Nothing... coming soon to a computer screen near you!

10. arkham618

arkham618 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2007
    Aria's graceful steps took her slowly from the room; she held her head high as she went. At the door, she turned and batted those thick, hypnotizing lashes at Tak for a brief moment before slinking around the corner.

Tak watched her go with a growing preoccupation for the audacious youth.

Aria is a little pistol.

Master Vrook was just wrapping up the proceedings with some well-placed comments about where Aria could go, when two silent Jedi entered the Training Council's presence, in violation of the standing order for privacy.

Yeah, I bet several of the Masters would like to tell her where to go! ;)

Tak, on the other hand, was intense. He continued to stare Vrook down, sheets of ice forming over his hypnotizing glare.

Yikes, down boy! :eek: Vrook was fortunate not to be in possession of a red cape. I think Tak might have charged. [face_cow]

"Yes, Master," Aria's voice was slightly obedient for the first time. "But it sure looked to me like you took it to Vrook," she commented under her breath.

Oh! Oh! She's just gotta have the last word, doesn't she? LOL. Kids. :rolleyes:

"If we want to blend in," Aria spoke up, "then I should be disrespectful. Take a look around, Chief. Kids today are totally disrespectful of their elders."

Chief? CHIEF?! [face_laugh] ROFLMAO! [face_laugh] With one word, the child deflates a Jedi Master. Chief. Hehe. :p

She was about to say something no doubt witty and sublime, when he stuck his finger up to her face. "Shh! Remember, practice listening. One cannot listen if one is talking."

Dang straight. Shut up and pay attention, kid. [face_shame_on_you]

"Your quarry seeks you out," the blue holoimage croaked. "Master Tak Vedis is a danger to us. When he finds you, make sure he meets a sticky end."

"As you command."

Imperious Leader? Is that you? Zwoom-zwoom. Erk, sorry. Wrong fan base.

"The Sith are a blight upon the galaxy which must be removed!" Alana growled. "If you cannot do as we ask, then you may as well join them!"

Mer? Somebody has issues.

Canderous Ordo...carried with him a meager meal for someone.

Mama mia! Mandalorian a'Pizza! And they deliver.

Tak fell; he fell forever.

So the pitfall ends with a...cliffhanger. Evil, man. Evil. ;)

Pretty good so far. I'm starting in on chapter four now. I'll get back to you when I've caught up some.

11. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    arkham618 posted: Yeah, I bet several of the Masters would like to tell her where to go! ;)

Hehe, you think like me. *grin*

Oh! Oh! She's just gotta have the last word, doesn't she? LOL. Kids. :rolleyes:

What can you do? You can't shoot'em. [face_thinking] Welllll...

Imperious Leader? Is that you? Zwoom-zwoom. Erk, sorry. Wrong fan base.

:confused: You've totally lost me there. :p

Mama mia! Mandalorian a'Pizza! And they deliver.

ROTFLOL!

Thanks for reading, that was some reply, lol! [face_peace]

Chapter 12: Much Ado About Nothing

"What can we do for a Mandalorian?" Tak asked as the blue image of Canderous flickered before them. His stance took on a superior appearance to Aria as she glanced from the incoming image to him.

"I'm looking for someone," Canderous replied. "I suspect you're on her scent. I want in on the kill."

"And who might this person be?" Tak remained coy.

"The Mandalorians who held you captive, with the Sith man, they work for a certain Sith Master," Canderous explained. "I'll help you get to the bottom of the disappearing Jedi, in exchange for bringing me along."

Tak squinted at the image for an uncomfortable moment, then shifted his weight to his right leg and balled up a fist and palmed it with the other. "Just how, and what, do you know about missing Jedi?"

"I know that Taris is the center of activity," Canderous replied, quickly growing tired of this endless talk. "To get any more, you'll be bringing me aboard right about now."

Just then, a Wookie stepped into the image, growling something about being included as well. She seemed agitated and adversarial with Canderous for some reason.

"I don't understand your interest in this," Tak spoke to the Wookie, "but this ship is already getting rather crowded."

"Um..." Jalak took the opportunity to speak up. "I know her. We met on Taris."

Raalchaar growled her pleasure at meeting with the Jedi who saved her life again. In Wookie speak, she told Tak she would follow their ship, regardless of their destination, or what dangers awaited them. She informed the stunned group that she owed a life-debt to Jalak for saving her life.

"Looks like you've got yourself a team." Canderous grinned.

"We're quite content to keep things just as they are, thank you very much." Aria finally could hold her tongue no longer and snarled at the newcomers.

"This isn't up for debate, space-filler," Canderous barked at her. "The Wookie and me will follow you if we have to."

Tak placed a warm, comforting hand on Aria's shoulder just before another outburst overtook her. She instantly felt his own emotion, roiled up by all the arguments. She learned in that instant that Tak felt very uncomfortable in the presence of so many people, though he hid it capably beneath a diplomatic facade. Through his caring touch, she got the impression that if it were up to him, it would just be the two of them on this mission.

"In that case," Tak said tactfully, with just a passing glance and a sigh in his eye only Aria would detect, "we were about to jump out of hyperspace and would love the company. We're going to Destrius. If you'll set coordinates, we're nearly there."

When the images faded from the viewer, Tak wrapped his arm around Aria's waist and was about to pull her away. He stopped for the moment, however, and turned to Jalak. "A Wookie life-debt isn't an easy thing to live with... for the Wookie or the object of the debt. I hope you'll try to talk her out of it."

"It wasn't my happiest of ideas to have a walking carpet following me around for the rest of my days," his friend replied sarcastically. "But she's a lot bigger than I am." He grinned sardonically.

~*~*~*~

Sun-Gon dragged a groggy form through the entrance to the deep cavern. He had to pause momentarily as shadows and voices darted here and there. He pulled his weak charge behind an immense boulder and waited with the quiet of the dead.

[i]Jedi,[/i] he thought to himself. [i]They'l

12. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Alana was a little huffy there. What has gotten into her bonnet?

loved the personality clashes with the good guys.. lol Seems Aria is feeling a bit crowded out!

Good update :)

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    "It wasn't my happiest of ideas to have a walking carpet following me around for the rest of my days," his friend replied sarcastically. "But she's a lot bigger than I am."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I see Canderous has learned the wisdom of not arguing with a Wookie.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Through his caring touch, she got the impression that if it were up to him, it would just be the two of them on this mission.

I like how she understands with a simple touch here. Well done.

Good post. :)

15. KoolKoal

KoolKoal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2007
    Tak said tactfully

That made me giggle, even though you probably didn't mean it too. :p

Sorry I didn't respond to the last update, I must have forgot too.

I like how you've been writing Sun-Gon so far, and how he's slowly changed after metting the sith force spirit.

Lastly: Yay, you're not done with Canderous! [face_dancing]

16. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    "I'm looking for someone," Canderous replied. "I suspect you're on her scent. I want in on the kill."

I like a man who gets straight to the point :p

"The Mandalorians who held you captive, with the Sith man, they work for a certain Sith Master," Canderous explained. "I'll help you get to the bottom of the disappearing Jedi, in exchange for bringing me along."

Sounds like a good trade to me.

"I know that Taris is the center of activity," Canderous replied, quickly growing tired of this endless talk. "To get any more, you'll be bringing me aboard right about now."

Hehe... and good negotiation skills, too. :) What doesn't Cander have??

"This isn't up for debate, space-filler," Canderous barked at her. "The Wookie and me will follow you if we have to."

Space-filler??

*is appalled by Cander's remark*

Shouldn't Tak be sticking up for her right about now??

Tak placed a warm, comforting hand on Aria's shoulder just before another outburst overtook her. She instantly felt his own emotion, roiled up by all the arguments. She learned in that instant that Tak felt very uncomfortable in the presence of so many people, though he hid it capably beneath a diplomatic facade. Through his caring touch, she got the impression that if it were up to him, it would just be the two of them on this mission.

Really.

Well, I'm just loving Tak more and more [face_love]

Aria might get her dessert after all ;)

When the images faded from the viewer, Tak wrapped his arm around Aria's waist and was about to pull her away.

Ooh! Now he's wrapping his arm around her! [face_love] Yay!

Mushy mush soon, I suspect? [face_batting] Please?

The tired man pushed himself up as best he could, grasping the side of the tunnel for support. He had to get away from this malefic, tortuous voice any way he could. However, once he turned, he came face to face with a demon in human form. Sun-Gon snarled with the feral ferocity of a cornered beast and tackled him onto the course turf, a thousand condemned souls screaming through his possessed, demented stare.

[face_worried]

Wow! Ok, I don't think I've ever told you this before, but you write Sith and evil better than anybody I have read on these boards.

Seriously, you're able to put such darkness and feeling into your Sith that no one else has been able to do, and I applaude you. =D= Reading your Sith is just fabulous!!! :D

The Sith fought, kicking and howling, to no avail. Shadows tugged at his senses as the darkness and realization of his dilemma closed in to smother him in the cold, hard fact that soon his existence would be torn from him in the most hideous of ways. There was nothing for him to do but despair, and wail...

[face_worried]

She raised an eyebrow coyly at the tan Twi'lek and she briefly considered what it would be like to bring him into her quarters late at night while the rest of the stodgy Council was asleep.

Such thoughts are not allowed by the Jedi!! :p

"Why?" Alana replied suspiciously, turning to regard him with a cold look. "I told you, I already searched it thoroughly. Are you questioning me?"

Agitated because she can't find the answers she seeks, and worried that he will find something she missed, and then be shown up by a Knight??

She closed her eyes and was suddenly hit with a vision of Tak and Aria on Destrius. The vision was brief, but intense. It momentarily took her breath away, buckling her knees beneath her.

They're either in trouble or making love ;)

"Yes," she huffed, trying to calm her harried breath. "You go ahead, I'll catch up, after I make a call."

If they're not already in trouble, I'm sure they will be soon...

Another fine update, my friend. =D= :D I truly enjoyed your "dark" segment, and Tak/Aria is always great! [face_love]

Ant. ]-}

17. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Aria's a real pistol; ready to shoot off at a moment's notice if anyone dares threaten or malign her Master - I love it [face_devil]

Sun-Gon *shudders* I love the description of how he kills his Master - or at least, the priliminaries. Your description of how he fell and what he injured was just enough to make me feel sympather :eek: for the Sith! Holy [face_cow] I didn't think that was possible ;)

Alana's a little off, me thinks, though she's certainly a hot blooded female to be thinking about dragging the Twi'lek off to her quarters when the lights go out [face_mischief] I'm curious as to what kind of vision she had and what it entailed. Is she calling Tak to warn him or is she warning the Sith? Hmmm? [face_thinking]

18. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Wow! This is turning out to be a motley crew Mandelorian, a Wookie two Jedi Knights and a padawan.

Sorry I was late reviewing my computer keeps getting commandeered.

I'm worried about Master Alana.

19. WraithTen

WraithTen Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2007
    "Tak wrapped his arm around Aria's waist and was about to pull her away. He stopped for the moment, however..."

Awwww, COME ON! :oops: Dangit!

"It wasn't my happiest of ideas to have a walking carpet following me around for the rest of my days," his friend replied sarcastically. "But she's a lot bigger than I am."

Uh, Yeah. Smart thinking. [face_mischief]

"A hideous grin spread wickedly across his face."

Yeah, Sun-Gon is really creepy...even for a Sith! [face_skull]

"She raised an eyebrow coyly at the tan Twi'lek and she briefly considered what it would be like to bring him into her quarters late at night"

[face_shame_on_you]

Great Update!!!

20. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Noelie posted: What has gotten into her bonnet?

A really nasty Sith bee, perhaps? ;)

KELIA posted: I see Canderous has learned the wisdom of not arguing with a Wookie.

Not really, they just have the same goals. He's a Mando, he probably thinks he could take the wookie. :p

DaenaBenjen42 posted: I like how she understands with a simple touch here. Well done.

They're so in tune with each other, aren't they? :Þ

KoolKoal posted: Yay, you're not done with Canderous!

Nope, he's here for the long haul. :)

Jedi-Ant posted: Hehe... and good negotiation skills, too. What doesn't Cander have??

Diplomacy skills? :Þ

*is appalled by Cander's remark*

Really? I thought you be more appaulette. :Þ

you're able to put such darkness and feeling into your Sith

I always thought the "bad guys" should really be bad, rather than just a bit not so good, lol.

Such thoughts are not allowed by the Jedi!!

You're happy for Aria/Tak, and they're Jedi! :Þ

They're either in trouble or making love

Maybe both. [face_mischief]

Jade_Max posted: I love the description of how he kills his Master - or at least, the priliminaries.

I find it's better to not say, the blood and gore gets comical after a short time, so better to leave it up to the imagination of the reader.

Some of you can probably be far more brutal than I... you are ladies after all. [face_mischief]

Is she calling Tak to warn him or is she warning the Sith? Hmmm?

Mmmm, I'm going to have to go with 'yes.' *evil grin*

Lea-El posted: I'm worried about Master Alana.

Well, she won't give you much reason to worry soon. Most will be revealed... soon. [face_devil]

WraithTen posted: Uh, Yeah. Smart thinking.

Isn't it though? :p

Yeah, Sun-Gon is really creepy...even for a Sith!

I'm glad you approve, or disapprove, lol, whichever it is.

Taking a page out of Jade_Max's repitoire, tomorrow will be double update day! Answers will be forthcoming to an issue some of you have already figured out. *grin*

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ooh - great update. Sun-Gon's a twisted little puppy though. And I'm curious about Alana's vision. I wonder if she has a crush on Tak and is jealous of Aria?

Nice bit of interaction there with Tak restraining Aria, leaving a lot understated. Good stuff. I think Tak is one of these still waters run deep types.

Looking forward to the revelations. :)

22. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Tahi posted: I wonder if she has a crush on Tak and is jealous of Aria?

Hehe, he's not that popular. ;)

I think Tak is one of these still waters run deep types.

More like: If a tiger falls in the forest but no trees are around, does it make a sound.

:confused: Wait, I think I may have messed that one up. :oops:

Anyway, something I can't mess up (cause it's already written), more story!

Chapter 13: Only the Good Die Young

Val watched a captive Jedi writhe before him. The tortures the Sith inflicted upon them were designed not to permanently harm, but to tear down the defenses and leave the victim open to suggestion. After all, alliegence was what they sought and there was no place for a weak ally. With the advanced conditioning shared by Jedi and Sith alike, it was a question of breaking their spirits, not their backs.

Still, Val was distracted with thoughts of the disturbing turn the rebellion was taking. The reports he was hearing of the marauding Jedi were quite unsettling. He briefly considered securing their defenses and holding up in the underground facility until additional attention could be paid to their situation, but hiding would be failure, and Darth Malak, iron-fisted ruler of the Sith would hardly reward failure.

"Sir?" one of his underlings called. "Everyone is assembled."

"Very well," Val sighed, "I suppose we'd better get to it." He turned to the woman in resplendent black uniform who hovered over the slab of meat in Jedi robes. "Keep it up. I want progress reports on this one every half hour."

She stood rigidly for a moment in salutation before returning to the gruesome task at hand.

Val turned and eyed the meagre remnants of the original consignment of five hundred Sith, now whittled down to just under one hundred due to the war and the escaped Jedi. Aside from the lab technicians who conducted the final brain surgery-like adjustments, the rest were demoralized and disheveled both outwardly and inwardly.

It would take all his experience and training to overcome the odds presented him.

"Are there any new recruits capable of joining our hunt?" he asked his adjutant, a young Devaronian female with sharp, pointy teeth.

She looked down at a datapad, scanning for an appropriate answer when she spied something. "Number one eight four three looks promising."

"Good, get him ready to-". He was cut off by an unusual sound, as though the living Force howled at the approach of some unnatural monstrosity.

Everyone froze.

Val was about to speak again when a disturbance just beyond the sealed outer door grabbed everyone's attention. Plodding over to the security console, he punched up the camera feed.

"Sun-Gon." Val sighed, maybe he was going to have to molly-coddle the youth after all. He hit the button on the console. "Sun-Gon, stand by, I'm opening the door now."

The seal hissed and churned with hydraulic melancholy. The doors jerked in the initial surge, then parted slowly, like the spreading of a menacing plague, silent and deadly.

For Val, however, he did not take notice of the concerted sounds, for he immediately fell to his knees, choking and wheezing. He heard the voice clearly enough though, like the razors chill slicing through bone.

"No more will the Sith be ruled by blind, simpering fools without the backbone to do what is necessary! [i]I[/i] will see to it that the work can continue uninterrupted. Your assistance, my friend, is no longer required..."

The last sound Val heard was Sun-Gon stepping through the opening doors, sending out blasts of electricity into the charging Sith, bellowing like a madman.

And then all was dark.

~*~*~*~

A dark form skulked along a disused underground passage beneath the Jedi Temple. Only diseased nikrats shared knowledge of this cellar; once, long ago when the Jedi were not bound by their code, before they could even be called Jedi, this was a secret dungeon where the masters of Coruscant could torture victims in solitude.

Darth Servis hurried past

23. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Chapter 14: Dusty Death Awaits

The flickering image died upon the dusty ground. Tak felt uncontrollable anger yearning to break free within one of his companions. He turned and spied the red faced Mandalorian gripping his weapon so tightly he was afraid it would snap in two.

"What in the seven Hells are you doing talking to her!" Canderous's voice was filled with malice.

"How do you know Master Alana of the Jedi Council?" Aria asked.

"She's no Jedi!" Canderous barked. "That's Darth Servis! I want to see her a smoldering corpse; I want to see her flesh melting, bone splintered, broken body lying in the dirt before me!"

Aria came close to Tak, whispering in his ear. "He's got anger issues."

"Mmm-hmm," was Tak's reply.

"She's the Sith huvate who gutted the Matriarch of Clan Ordo in the middle of giving birth. There is no greater crime, and I've spent years trying to find her to repay her. I'll go kill her now!"

Canderous was on the verge of insanity, and Tak worked fast. He quickly swept the Mandalorian's legs out from under him and had his lightsaber in his face in another instant.

"Calm down." Tak knew the only way to reason with a warrior was to beat him to the punch, quite literally. "Once we've completed our mission here, we will go together to confront her. The Council will not be easy to convince; if you go alone, you will be killed."

Tak turned his saber off when he saw the madness in Canderous's eyes disappearing. He held his hand out. "I promise, if Master Alana and Darth Servis are one and the same, we will deal with her accordingly. Right now, we need to get moving."

Canderous accepted the hand and was soon on his feet, glaring at the Jedi Master, but holding his tongue.

"Is everyone straight on the plan?" Tak asked.

"I'm straight," Jalak replied, "I just don't like it. Why do you always play the big hero and go off on your own while we bring up the rear?"

"Would you prefer to go in alone?" Tak asked him.

"No, not me," Jalak answered, holding his hands up in the air. "I'm too fragile. But what if you get into trouble?"

"Then I'll have to rely on my friends to get me out. Now, any more questions?"

"I knew you were going to say that," Jalak griped.

Everyone turned and looked toward the distant mountains, where Tak informed them some of the freed Jedi were hiding. They began the trek with little more than a concerted grumble. All except Aria.

"Master," she asked, her voice tiny. "I have a very bad feeling about your going off alone into the city. I want to come along and help."

Tak placed his hand on her shoulder and looked squarely in her eyes. "There is more going on here than first meets the eye, my young friend," he said. "I suspect there is something wrong with the Jedi here, and it will take all of you to get through to them."

He next drew close to whisper tenderly in her ear. "And I sense great danger awaiting in the city. An old padawan's spirit cries out to me from the depths of the Dark Side. I must go alone." His lips briefly met her ear. "Besides, I could never forgive myself if something happened to you." In truth, he didn't want Sun-Gon to get his claws into her. This would truly be between master and padawan. It must be.

Aria's countenance brightened up significantly; she looked back to find no one watching. Their lips met briefly.

"Now, remember, listen to Jalak," Tak admonished. He turned, pulled his hood up over his head, slipped his hands into his sleeves, and set out for the city.

~*~*~*~

How did I get myself into this mess? Tak asked himself only an hour later. He hid in the ruins of the Sith city. Embers still glowed in the remnants of a great, sweeping fire. No building remained untouched by the flames, and there was little outward sign that this devastation was once a lively city.

Oh, that's right, playing the big hero again. I really should learn not to do that. There was something definitely wrong with the captive Jedi here. As he approached a roving band in the st

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    FIRST!!!! :D

Yay! [face_dancing] A double post!!!

Chapter 13: Only the Good Die Young

You always have such creative chapter headings =D= I envy you.

"Very well," Val sighed, "I suppose we'd better get to it." He turned to the woman in resplendent black uniform who hovered over the slab of meat in Jedi robes. "Keep it up. I want progress reports on this one every half hour."

Eek!

[face_worried]

Chilling description.

For Val, however, he did not take notice of the concerted sounds, for he immediately fell to his knees, choking and wheezing. He heard the voice clearly enough though, like the razors chill slicing through bone.

"No more will the Sith be ruled by blind, simpering fools without the backbone to do what is necessary! I will see to it that the work can continue uninterrupted. Your assistance, my friend, is no longer required..."

Time for his comeuppance [face_devil]

The last sound Val heard was Sun-Gon stepping through the opening doors, sending out blasts of electricity into the charging Sith, bellowing like a madman.

And then all was dark.

Hehehe... [face_devil] Serves him right.

She knew him, a little too well. She knew he was relentless and sufficiently unencumbered by the Jedi code so that he might be the only Jedi with the ability to crush her plans.

Plus, he's cool :cool:

He looked at her strangely for a moment before answering. "Now why would you want to talk me out of this?"

Does she have feelings for Tak, too?

Wordlessly, he held out his hand. In his palm was a tiny device. "I found this on the lip of one of the fountains, Master," he whispered conspiratorily. "The Sith must have inside help to plant these. We must be careful who we share this information with."

[face_worried]

The Sith are everywhere.. the Jedi cannot hide any longer...

Another fine job. :) I was looking forward to an update of this, and now we have two! :D

*posts this review and goes on to the next one*

Ant. ]-}

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Review # 2:

"She's no Jedi!" Canderous barked. "That's Darth Servis! I want to see her a smoldering corpse; I want to see her flesh melting, bone splintered, broken body lying in the dirt before me!"

What?!? A Sith!?

Aria came close to Tak, whispering in his ear. "He's got anger issues."

[face_laugh]

Tak turned his saber off when he saw the madness in Canderous's eyes disappearing. He held his hand out. "I promise, if Master Alana and Darth Servis are one and the same, we will deal with her accordingly. Right now, we need to get moving."

He's got a point. They can't do anything about it right now.

"No, not me," Jalak answered, holding his hands up in the air. "I'm too fragile. But what if you get into trouble?"

[face_laugh]

I like his honesty.

He next drew close to whisper tenderly in her ear. "And I sense great danger awaiting in the city. An old padawan's spirit cries out to me from the depths of the Dark Side. I must go alone." His lips briefly met her ear. "Besides, I could never forgive myself if something happened to you." In truth, he didn't want Sun-Gon to get his claws into her. This would truly be between master and padawan. It must be.

*sighs*

Mush amongst the mayhem [face_love]

Aria's countenance brightened up significantly; she looked back to find no one watching. Their lips met briefly.

Yes! A kiss! [face_dancing]

*hugs Brentus*

Wait a minute, he thought, distressed over a sudden feeling. Where is Aria?

[face_worried]

Maybe she's gone after Tak??

*is hoping*

Movement in a nearby cave drew his attention. A rock, thrown with Jedi precision hit him squarely in the jaw, causing him to lose his balance and fall about fifty feet down into a jagged crevice, cracking his head and losing consciousness in the process.

NO! Jalak!!!

The only difference was now he had a Jedi ally. A Mandalorian never left behind a comrade, and like it or not, right now that Jedi was his ticket to putting an end to the pathetic life of Darth Servis.

:cool:

Or was it a good-bye kiss?

:(

And yet... there was an overwhelming dark presence on this planet. A tangible something that enticed her, while repulsing her at the same time. What would he think, my one love, if I indulged in the dark side of this place?

Dabbling in the dark side is never a good idea...

Something stirred from the depths of her blackest place. Still, the Jedi will never allow me to have him. 'No possessions'. What a pathetic ideal. I could slap that cold, smug look off their faces.

Uh-oh [face_worried]

"I have to find Tak," she finally whispered. Rather than help the others, her first instinct was self preservation, a normal, forgivable sentiment. She reasoned that she could only be safe from these dark feelings in his warm embrace.

[face_shame_on_you]

Maybe he shouldn't have given her that kiss after all...

[face_worried]

Wow! What great updates!!! =D=

I'm eager to read more, as always :)

Ant. ]-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.