main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Love Thy Enemy--A ROTJ AU---Thank you to all my readers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ThePariah, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    STAR WARS
    Love Thy Enemy

Cover Art: [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/moriah_images/SW1_small.jpg]

Author(s): ThePariah
    Timeframe: End of ROTJ--1+ year beyond
    Characters: Luke, Anakin Skywalker, Leia, Han, and ensemble
    Genre: Drama, angst
    Keywords: Redemption and sacrifice
    Summary: After surviving the crucible aboard the second Death Star along with his father, Luke must face the consequences of loyalty.

Disclaimer: All characters and trappings herein are the property of one George Lucas, and I make no profit from this little venture--unless you count theraputic benefit.

A/N: Many thanks to the people who gave their insight over on my help thread in the Resource forum, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Writers_Resource/b10304/14695613/?47]I Need a Maguffin[/link]. For all of you, I can only say I hope you'll enjoy this exhaustive effort, and...

You've been warned. [face_plain]

Love covers all transgressions. --Proverbs 10:12b

"Now, young Skywalker...you will die."

With those deceptively soft words, his fate was sealed.

Then came such a profound assault of dark energy that his shrieks actually overpowered the ear-splitting crackle and whine filling the chamber. His lithe body arched in tendon-ripping spasms as each wave of lightning coursed over and through him, shattering, destroying, annihilating. His voice began to falter as the last of his strength ebbed.

He was dying. Dying not only of body, but of spirit as well. He would leave this life as a failure, for he had defeated his father but not saved him. The Alliance was in its death throes out in the void of space. His friends and sister were about to perish on Endor. He had failed them all, when they had placed the greatest faith in him.

All for want of a man to love his son.

The agony bore its way into his heart and sought to crush it. Luke Skywalker only prayed for death to take him in its ebon wings and end his final suffering.

Blackness dimmed his vision, until the world was reduced to an engulfing void split only by snapping shafts of cold light. Pain was a tangible creature, a thousand tiny vipers striking at him and filling him with acid poison that seemed to eat away down to the marrow of his bones. His own labored breaths rattled loudly in his ears.

And then...she was there. Her beautiful face came illuminated by each burst of lightning in his mottled vision of delirium, each incarnation of her an aching memory. The warmth in her eyes upon greeting him, the despair of her losing struggle and the pain of her wound, the grief shining like quicksilver in the tears that ran down her alabaster cheeks as she mourned for them both under the starlight of death?s eve--all of them drifted before Luke as ghosts of his defeat. She seemed to call out to him, but only silence issued from her lips, and the darkness soon denied him even that faint thread of comfort.

I?m sorry, Leia. Clear skies to us all.

I love you.

His will spent, Luke allowed himself to submit and prepared to finish the sacrifice.

Suddenly, there was relief. His lingering agony remained so strongly that at first he didn't realize that the barrage had been withdrawn from him. But he was still alive, the bitter cries of an old man replacing his own now over the roar of energy sparking through empty air and into armor. Weakly, Luke opened his eyes, lifted his head and felt his heart nearly stop at the sight of Emperor Palpatine caught up in his servant?s unfeeling embrace. Darth Vader towered over the mouth of the reactor shaft, ignoring the malign bolts pouring down his great body, his legs visibly trembling from the burden. But with mindless will he staggered to the edge, and with a last heave cast the flailing despot down the chasm. He sank to his knees, and a moment later a terrible blast of dark power seethed up from the depths, snapping his cape wildly.

Much to Luke?s horror, the Dark Lord leaned over and seemed about to follow his master

2. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    [face_shocked]
    I'm hooked.
    I love stories where Ani/Vader survives the end of ROTJ.
    PLEASE...POST...MORE...SOON.

3. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Amazing beginning! Luke's feelings, his despair and hopelessness, the overwhelming pain, were so real. And then the moment when Anakin saves him was just beautiful.

And anyone who knows me knows that I love "Anakin survives" stories, too. I'm looking forward to more, although your warning has me worried.

Kristeh

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah!!!
    You have finally started posting the story M ;)
    And what a start!!! I just love your writing style, can't wait to read more and see where this all ends up.

:) :cool:

5. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Awesome! I don't usually read AU stories, but I popped in here for a second anyway, and now I'm hooked. I love how you're including all the rich detail, and I think you captured that scene perfectly. Can't wait for more!

~Rogue

6. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm glad to see you don't mind the "rich detail"--I was a bit concerned when I saw the War of the Writing Styles thread in the Resource forum, but luckily the debate just turned into a consensus. :)

Well, I'm happy to know this fic has a future after all, and I apologize in advance if my updates are oft delayed--college comes first. I'll try to maintain at least a once-a-week schedule.

7. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Moriah! This is absolutely incredible. Such amazing detail and I can feel every ounce of Luke's pain. When I read a story like this, it makes me cringe when I consider my own writing. :p I only WISH I could do so well.

I also love stories where Anakin survives and I can't wait to see where this goes.

8. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
  9. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Wow!!! Great!!!!!! Can't wait for more :D :D

10. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    two words: ......loved it! :D

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    that was great. I'm really looking forward to this. :)

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    Pariah, I was sitting here with my jaw slack, ready to cry because it was so painfully real, so perfectly detailed that I could practically feel everything that was going on. The inner monologue was so well-written and the climax of that one scene...

::Gigantic hug.::

And you told me that my version of this was good? You are a genius nut!

::Gigantic hug again.::

I'm staying with this thread!

13. JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2003
    I LOVE THIS! I love ROTJ-AU where Anakin lives. I'm sticking with this story.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT POST!

:cool: Mariana :cool:

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmm, have you noticed something, Author? YOU ROCK! Everyone agrees so.

15. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    "Hmm, have you noticed something, Author? YOU ROCK! Everyone agrees so."

Everyone keep telling her that, and one day Moriah may believe it. Until then, I just look forward to her great stories after all the effort she puts into them.

Keep up the good stuff M ;)

16. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ISHIE!!!!

*grabs Ish in a big fat hug and bounces giddly around room together*

I LOVE YOU!!!!! :_| :D

*wiping tears from corner of eye*

You don't know how uber I feel now! You're such a sweetheart! Eeeeeee...

*runs off swinging skirts like a giddy little girl*

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol. I've been hoping Moriah will put this story up ever since she posted on my story that she had a story idea that really stunk. I asked her to PM the idea and sat there, ready to cry, since the moment I started reading it. I'm so glad she's got it going!!!!

18. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Ohh, Ish...

You're gonna cry a lot more before this thing is over. :p

Gosh, I didn't think I'd be moving people to tears this fast...at this rate I'll be having the lot of you wind up clinically depressed...

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL. Moriah, have you ever read All the Wrong Places? It's how you tell if you're bipolar or not. If you're cheering, screaming, sobbing, yelling, cheering, sobbing, staring in shock, you know you've read that story, because I had so many people bursting into tears that I had to order a ban on crying until the story was over. And I know how it ends, so I know I"m going to be crying!

20. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    :eek:

LMAO!! [face_laugh]

Awww...

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Seriously. I wrote that as a response to a challenge, because everyone said I was so darn depressing that I needed to write a mushfic. So, in 2001, I started writing the A/A love story. Unfortunately, that love story has to turn ANakin to the Dark Side and explain why Luke and Leia never really knew their mother. So it turned out to be very frikking depressing! But it was a beautiful love story, but not mushy.

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  23. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Thanks! [face_laugh]

Just give in to your Dark Side, Ish... :p

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Um, dark side? there is another side?

25. Holly_l

Holly_l Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2004
    Damn girl that is awesome! :D Cannot wait for chapter two. Keep up the outstanding work Moriah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.