main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Lovey Dovey Stuff

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Feb 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

If you don't have a "significant other" and are "looking for love in all the wrong (or right) places", stop. Stop looking, stop pining, and do something to treat yourself. Trust in the Force. Love will find you at the right time. "A watched pot never boils."

If you DO have a "significant other" take a moment to show your appreciation to that person.

And, finally,
    if you and your "significant other" are having trouble in your relationship, if you're not really sure you love him/her/it anymore - take a step back. Try to see in that person the things that drew you together in the first place. They are probably still there, and just buried under the b.s. that comes with life. Do what you can not to add to that b.s., to see beyond it, AND if you're thinking of ending it, CONSIDER SEEKING HELP. There is hope. I have found it for myself and my husband. If you don't learn how to deal with the problems today, now, in this relationship, they will just crop up in the next relationship. Even if you take action and end up still deciding to walk away, you'll feel better knowing you did everything you could, and everything you learn in the process of trying to reconcile will only help you the next time.

Anyway, once again, Happy Valentine's Day!
    If you get a chance, check out Chris Knight's editorial on TF.N - that's not an endorsement or an agreement of anything he says, I just found it enjoyable.

If anyone ever wants to post any stuff about love, romance, or whatever... we can use this thread. We can even review romantic movies. Whatever. Or maybe everyone will just want to let this thread drift into oblivion. The Force will guide us.

2. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    jedigal- Our resident therapist and keeps us in reality. :D
    Thanks Steph, I needed that!
    No, I do not have a significant other, so the day wasn't all that exciting for me, but I got my mom some roses and she really loved that, so it made the day better.
    I hope the rest of you had a good day though.
    So what did you get, Steph? Flowers? Candy?
    Star Wars Figure?

J-Gem~~

3. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I've always said that Valentine's Day was always the most evil holiday of the year... But since I've never had a bf then....

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    here's my belated two cents:

Love is nothing more than a zero score in tennis.

5. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I decided to put this in the lovey dovey thread b/c, well, it's only b/c they lovey you so much that your family and other well-meaning individuals do this to you. Just remember, in their generation, if you weren't married and a parent, then you weren't anything. But, now, seriously, here's some good advice:

***HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU TO GET MARRIED -->

Old aunts and grandparents used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next."

They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.