main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas: Disney not using my ideas for EP VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Santar, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    If Obi-Wan's home planet can be named after Jon Stewart and accepted by Wookieepedia, then Yoda's parents can be named after Kermit and Miss Piggy

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That always struck me as the dumbest piece of canonizing (?) ever.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    See, I disagree with the giving Luke, Han and Leia a larger role idea. That could backfire more than you think. But Lucas has me wondering if his idea was either bad or good, now.

4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I agree with you here - having the original Big 3 be the big stars of this movie, too, could make it feel like a class reunion. I think there's a delicate balance to strike between having the original cast play a significant role while letting the new characters lead the way and drive the saga forward.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Honestly, I would've been happy with one last movie starring the Big 3, before moving on to the next generation. Those characters were such a significant part of why I became a Star Wars fan in the first place.
    But I do understand why people wouldn't want that, and why they didn't go with that idea.

Now I'm just hoping Luke survives until Ep9 :)

yogacat and DarthWilliams like this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    So, what your first part is essentially saying is...

:p

7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would very much enjoy seeing some sort of featurette or at least interview about what GL's version of the story originally was, and what was changed. Could make for an interesting blu-ray spesh feature...

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think they really veered away from Lucas's story, I don't get that they changed a few small details and George went all drama queen on it.

One thing is for sure: all of the talk on this site that people were so sure of themselves on regarding Disney being "bound by contract" for all of these details is really exposed as the nonsense it is. Recently, there was even some implication by Iger that there will be more trilogies in the future, which many on here swore Disney was "bound by contract to Lucas" not to do. Yes, that is how companies like Disney work. :rolleyes:

Darth_Pevra likes this.