main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Willow - Sequel Series Premieres November 30, 2022

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Krueger, May 13, 2018.

1. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Why does it seem as if Disney Studios is taking its franchises and past movies and creating limitless number of TV and movie productions around them. This lack of originality on the studio's part is mind numbing.

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    He is a really down to earth nice guy funny and makes a great MC for Star Wars Celebration! I think it would be fun to see him Host The Oscars or host a late night talk show or both!

@AEHoward33 what else do you do with Lucasfilm? Kevin Smith on his latest show on YouTube said when he heard Lucasfilm was being bought by Disney he figured What does Disney want with Lucasfilm there not going to make movies and books and TV and Video Games its just a cash grab for the older movies but now with news of 10 Lucasfilm projects he was wrong,
    my apologies A lot of cursing in the video but hey Its Kevin Smith I love Him!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  4. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
  5. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    Risk vs Profit

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Ron Howard, surely?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Lucasfilm news has been relatively quiet on the Willow front as of late, but figured I'd share one nugget of news that surfaced over the past week or two. In a recent interview with Score: The Podcast, James Newton Howard revealed that he had just completed the score for a six episode documentary series focused on Lucasfilm, to be directed by his friend Lawrence Kasdan. In the same interview, he also dropped that he may be involved in scoring the Willow sequel series. The late James Horner, also a great composer, did the music for the original film.

If this pans out, I think this is great news. I've always been a fan of both Horner and Newton Howard. Interesting news there, too, regarding the Lucasfilm documentary.

TCF-1138 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    I wonder if Lucasfilm and ILM have also used the Volume for this series, too.

9. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    One would imagine so, right? At least some portions of it. We know they have been filming on location in the UK (as with Andor), but I imagine The Volume may also be used in some capacity for both shows.

Krueger and TCF-1138 like this.
  10. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
  11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That was actually pretty funny.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Cause that's what disney has always done.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  13. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, that video just rounds off a perfect day for SW and Willow fans.

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've been pretty skeptical about nuWillow, but that was a fun video. Expectations rising a little now.

Riv_Shiel and Count Yubnub like this.
  15. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    So I'm assuming that Erin Kellyman--the woman who played in Solo--plays adult Elora? I'm basing that solely on the red hair.

GunganSlayer and Sarge like this.
  16. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    Dude, that was a pretty funny little video. Warwick is just such a cool dude--and actually a pretty funny comedian, too!

With the reveal of this cast, it seems this is probably skewing a bit more towards the younger demo, right? Or am I just that old these days that all of these actors/actress seem so young? lol

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Count Yubnub like this.
  17. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    I didn't even know that Willow had a fan base. Now, I'm expecting a Howard the Duck prequel.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still haven’t watched Willow.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Back in its day, it was an amazing epic fantasy adventure movie. But it doesn't hold a candle to LotR.

Sith Lord 2015 and CampOfSorgan like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The vibe of the video was very much like Davis' "Life's Too Short" series and the dude can be seriously funny so hopefully they're smart enough to roll with that in the series.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They're not really comparable though. One is an epic that took the author most of his life to write. The other is a fun action adventure film in a fantasy setting.
    Willow holds up as a wonderful classic Lucasfilm production.

oierem and Krueger like this.
  22. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    It's a good fun '80s fantasy flick. Very Lucasian.

But yeah, while much of it still looks remarkably good now, not everything about it has aged gracefully. It has a lot of fantasy tropes that hadn't been done a lot when the film came out, but that have been done to death in films now. Still a good film and well worth a watch.

Sarge likes this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Have there been any rumors on when this will be released?

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    gotta be late 2021. To be honest, this thread title needs an update!

25. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Absolutely! I remember seeing it in the theater back when it came out, but forgot it pretty much a short time afterwards. I admit with a certain amount of shame that I hadn't even read LOTR back then. I was first introduced to it in 2001 through Jackson's adaptation. Oh, not quite true - I DID see the animated one from the late 70s, but wasn't impressed very much. Naturally I had heard how great the books are, just somehow never got around to actually reading them. But when I finally did I became a big-time fan.
    Willow now, can't really say I'm that interested in a sequel, prequel or remake. [face_nail_biting]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    Sarge likes this.