main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Luke Skywalker: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Deliveranze, May 8, 2018.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I decided with the release of Solo coming, why can't Luke have his own prequel? :p Sure, it might not be as exciting since he's stuck on Tatooine but if the 1970s Marvel comics could make a story about Luke fighting Tuskens interesting, then I can cook up something. :p

Skywalker: A Star Wars Story

2 BBY- Tatooine

Part 1: The Outlaws

It's night. The two moons on Tatooine glisten over the golden sands. It's quiet enough to actually be peaceful, a surprise to a planet that is known for its scum and villainy. Fortunately, it's reputation will still remain...

A dark force brews on the planet. A planet that was relatively left alone by the Empire was going to be a war zone. And one legend would begin his journey here.

Ben Kenobi sensed danger, hiding behind a mountainous hill. With his binoculars he saw a group of armed men and women, with red X's painted on their body armor. Ben knew who they were. The locals at Mos Eisley were talking about them. They called themselves "The Outlaws," a group of killers, former mercenaries, criminals, and assassins with one purpose. Take over the Hutt's control of this sector of the Outer Rim. Ben watched as a speeder, carrying weapons for Jabba The Hutt's men, was attacked by the gang. They killed the drivers, stole the weapon shipments, painted a red X on any vehicle they attacked, and rigged it with explosives. They were sending a message to the Hutts. This was their world now. This was their criminal empire. Ben knew that Jabba would not take too kind to this. He was worried. Not just because he had to remain low, he couldn't just draw his lightsaber and fight, but he also had to make sure the son of Anakin Skywalker would be safe when all hell would eventually break loose.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I absolutely think there can be a great story in Luke's growing up. The book Kenobi was Obi-wan's time on Tatooine watching over Luke, and it was one of my favorite of the old EU novels.

This was an intriguing introduction! I look forward to seeing what adventures Luke gets into!

Deliveranze likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Definitely the start of something exciting! =D=

Deliveranze likes this.
  4. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Part 2: The Son of Suns

17-year old Luke Skywalker watched the morning sunrise. His friend Biggs was planning to leave this dustball and join the Imperial Academy. Luke promised him he would join up.

At the Tosche Station, the two were talking. "Luke, who cares what your grouchy uncle thinks. Come with me. Hell, you can pretend to be 18 and we can get off this rock." Luke kicked the sand beneath him. "I want to, believe me but my uncle will kill me. I made a promise to him. He said I could join next season." Biggs rolled his eyes. "He always says that Luke. You always end up back where you are. Like a constant rotation of lies." Luke thought about it. "Yeah..you're right, Biggs. But the Empire will be here next year for registration, right?" Biggs winked at him. "If those Outlaws and Tuskens don't get to ya first." He jokingly punched Luke's shoulder. Luke just looked down, silent. "Nah, those Outlaws won't go near the moisture farms, or at least, my uncle thinks they won't." Biggs got serious too. "Watch yourself, Luke. I mean it. I heard from town they are planning to overthrow the Hutts." Luke shook his head. "Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it." Biggs smiled. "Ya know, there's always the Tatooine Militia in Mos Eisley. Maybe you can join them and do some good around here..." Luke thought about it. "Yeah...you're right, Biggs. Maybe I can." Biggs tapped Luke. "See you, old friend." Luke smiled. "Bye, Biggs. Take care and good luck. I hear there is a rebellion brewing against the Empire." Biggs walked away and gave a slight smirk. "Oh, you better believe it."

Luke took his family speeder back home, confronting Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. "Where were you, boy? Your aunt was worried!" Luke groaned. "I was just at the Tosche Station. Biggs just left to join the Empire.." Owen eyed Beru, who was carrying a glass of blue milk. "Luke, I need you to help fix a broken moisture evaporator." Luke sighed. "I bet my father didn't have to fix any evaporators.." Beru gave Luke a glass. She gave Owen a sly smirk. She knew Owen was trying to deter Luke away from leaving. "Your father was a navigator on a freighter. He worked hard and labored for years." Luke was slightly suspicious. "Then how did he die?" Beru looked down. "Owen..." She was getting fed up by Owen's lies. Owen sighed. "He got caught up in a battle between the Republic and the Separatists during that Clone War. Blown up by a ship. No remains ever found." Luke stood up from the table. "Then I wanna take that risk like my father did." "Yeah, well not today. I need you for the harvest this year." Luke remembered Biggs telling him about the local militia. He knew his uncle would disapprove if he ever found out. He walked out of the kitchen. Beru shouted, "Where are you going?" "Into town. I need to pick up some energy cells for that moisture evaporator..." A little white lie never hurt anyone, thought Luke.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderfully in character for everyone: Biggs' encouragement; Luke's restlessness and thirst for adventure; Owen's concern and Beru's being stuck between the two of them :p =D=

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Appreciate all the feedback! :D

Part 3: Uneasy Alliances

*Since Jabba doesn't speak English, I have put his dialogue in brackets, [ ], to show he is speaking Huttese, but it is being translated :p

Ben traveled to the fortress of Jabba The Hutt. The old man was confronted by Jabba's right-hand man, Bib Fortuna. "I'd like to speak to Jabba, please." Bib laughed. Obi-Wan revealed the lightsaber under his cloak. Bib gasped. "Jedi!" He motioned for Ben to follow him. As the two made their way to the throne room, Jabba was watching several dancers. His thugs eyed Kenobi carefully. Jabba spoke, but Obi-Wan, thanks to his experience dealing with Hutts as a Jedi, understood the crime boss. "[Who are you, old man?]*". Obi-Wan took off his hood. "I am Ben Kenobi, your excellency. You may know me as "The Old Wizard." Everyone in the throne gasped. There had been rumors of an old man, possibly an ex-Jedi, living on Tatooine. Some say they saw the wizard hold off tribes of Tuskens, others say they witnessed him kill a Krayt Dragon. "Ahhh. Jedi! [Give me one reason why I shouldn't hire bounty hunters to turn you over to the Empire?]" Ben stepped forward. "Because you need me. Your rule is being threatened by a group known as The Outlaws. They are planning to kill you. I saw them attack several of your men." Jabba was intrigued. "Hmmm. [And what do you propose?]" Ben was confident. "An alliance. Between the farmers, militia, and you. A defense force to stop these marauders from taking control. They will not stop until they become the biggest criminal organization in the Outer Rim."
    "[Bad blood between the farmers, militia, and me.]" Ben nodded. "I understand. But you all need to work together." Jabba still didn't quite understand. "[And why do you care so much, Jedi? What good does it matter to you if I die or not?]"
    "Well, you provide stability. The Outlaws aren't concerned with that. You are fair in your treatment of others, mighty Jabba. The Outlaws will kill anyone who doesn't join their cause. And they will target the moisture farm homes for resources." Jabba agreed. "[I see you negotiate well, old wizard. I will see what can be done about this. Remain in contact with me. Talk to the farmers and Mos Eisley militia.]" Ben bowed. "Thank you, mighty Jabba." Ben knew he had to be careful. There was conflict brewing and if it escalated enough, the Empire would surely be involved. Even though Jabba was on good terms with the Empire, Ben knew he wouldn't appreciate a full-on occupation.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love the look at Luke and Biggs' friendship and how badly Luke wanted to join. Interesting that Obi-Wan wants to create an alliance. It makes sense, he doesn't want any undue attention coming to the area so he'll do what it takes to keep Luke safe.
    I'm really enjoying this!

If I can give you one piece of formatting advice? Online it really helps if you double space between people talking and paragraphs. When you format something more like a book, looks like a wall of text and makes it hard to read. With the length of your chapters now it's not that big of a deal, but if they get much longer it might be and people might turn away just because they think it will be hard to read. :)

8. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Thank you for the feedback. I'm happy to hear it is enjoyable. And you're right about the format. I'll try to make the following chapters more readable. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Part 4: Luke's Journey

The speeder arrived at Mos Eisley. The thriving spaceport was full of different species, all making a living in the most populated area of the planet.

Luke walked to see a Rodian stopping several people and asking if they had seen a smuggler who had dumped Jabba's spice.

As Luke continued walking down the streets, he saw several armed men and women near the cantina.

Militia, he thought. He walked towards them and came face-to-face with a big, round faced man, who was wearing a ripped trenchcoat. The man had white hair and several scars.

"What the hell do you want, kid?"

Luke swallowed. "I was looking for a way to join the militia."

The man smiled and looked at his friends. They giggled.

"Oh really? Can ya use a weapon, kid?"

Luke nodded. "I've shot womprats the size of the smallest rocks in the canyons before."

The man grabbed a blaster pistol from his pocket and handed it to Luke. He then grabbed a small rock and put it on his head.

"OK, kid. Shoot this rock off my head. If ya do it, you're in. If not..."

He gave a signal to the other militia members. They all revealed their weapons.

"My friends will make ya regret it." He gave a cheeky smile.

Luke was nervous. "OK, then..."

He aimed the pistol at the man, aiming at the top of his head. He pulled the trigger. The red bolt hit the rock, causing it to burst into chunks. The militia members clapped and nodded in approval.

The man laughed. "Good shot, kid. I'm Jas Peerel, commander in the Tatooine Militia."

Luke grinned. "I'm Luke Skywalker."

Jas grabbed Luke's shoulder. "Welcome to the militia, Luke."

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb. Luke made a good first impression. Didn't doubt it for a moment. :cool:

Deliveranze likes this.
  11. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Part 5: Recon Patrol

Jas's comlink activated. Jas picked it up.

"What is it?," Jas's booming voice asked.

"Sir, we might have some Outlaw activity in the central canyon. We need a team to check it out."

"Alright. I'm on my way." Jas turned to Luke. "Looks like you'll see your first taste of action, kid."
    Luke's blue eyes lit up. All the militia members jumped in their speeders. Jas signaled Luke to sit in the front passenger seat.

"I like you, kid. Stay close to me, and you'll make it home for dinner."

Luke nodded. As the 4-speeder convoy made their way out of town, the dust from the speeders kicked up off the ground into the hot dry humidity. Luke had his pistol on standby. The militia took a turn into the canyon and stopped.

Jas jumped out of the speeder, signaling for Luke to stay close. "It's quiet. Too quiet. Rak, any signal?" A scrawny man, wearing goggles with minor beard stubble, and holding a radar, looked at him. "No, the sensors can't find anything. Maybe it was a false alarm." Jas shook his head.

"These marauders are crafty. Hey, Luke, ever met one of these Bantha parasites?"

Luke shrugged. "No. I heard stories of them raiding farms. Apparently they want a war with the Hutts."
    "Not just them, but with the people of Tatooine. And if they want a war, they'll..."
    A crack sound emitted from the quiet, airy canyon, with a red blaster bolt hitting the ground. Jas and Luke both stared at the ground for a moment, before making eye contact.

"Ambush!"

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, Luke is seeing action immediately & great cliffhanger of a last line.

Evening Star and Deliveranze like this.