main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Vivec, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    No, but if there's one thing I trust Stover with, it's running a mile with pre-existing characterization. Moving back his uberness period to this timeframe does nothing but kriff things up.

2. GoA

GoA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2007
    I'm so looking forward to this book. The release date seems so far away, but time seems to fly lately, as I was thinking the same thing about Invincible, and that's due out in just over two weeks.

3. Wraith20878

Wraith20878 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    yea, this book is goona be good, its by Stover. All of his stuff is good

4. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    When can we expect a DP for this book?

5. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Late September, early October, perhaps? If they release one, that is.:confused:

6. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    :rolleyes:[face_frustrated]

7. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Shame we can't just swap the two out... :p

TC

8. JMM

JMM Author: The Forgotten War, SW Fact File star 3 VIP

Jul 9, 1998
    Personally, I like the cover simply because it's not based on an overused reference photo!

9. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    I'll be curious to see when we get the back cover and what it is. The front we'd already seen, but they clearly are either using a nondescript back or had Seeley extend the painting. Lord Shadowspawn please!

I'm amused at just how high the hype is for this book (and of course, I'm a part of it), given that we know very little about it.

- Keralys

10. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I think we know enough about it to warrant the hype :p

Everyone wants to know what was so atrocious that it drove Luke to retire from the Republic forces.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    October hmm?

Well, what do I have to occupy myself with until then? Oh, quite a list:

Terok Nor books 2 and 3
    Toll The Hounds
    Return Of The Red Company
    Fearful Symmetry
    The Gypsy Morph

Yep, should be enough!

12. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Heh. The image is so familiar by now that hadn't occurred to me, but... Yeah! :D

13. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Does anyone if it has been said if Fenn Shysa and other Mandos will be in this book? As, according to Abel's History the Mandalorians, he was said to have been one of the commanders against Shadowspawn.

14. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    It hasn't been said, but I sure as heck am hoping so.

15. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I could have sworn Stover implied as much, or at least mentioned something about Shysa in relation to the book.

16. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Yeah I can remember hearing someone mention that it would feature Luke & co, the Rogues as well as the Mandolorian's back when this was first announced. Could have been someone here though?

17. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    After looking around, I actually can't find anything; Stover, at least, hasn't said anything about it on these boards.

EDIT: Belay that remark! Havac found it:

18. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

I had tried to read all of the new SW books up until the early 2000's, but then slowly lost interest because there got to be too many books out there to keep track of. Plus, my favorite time period in the EU is not post-ROTJ, but between ANH and ESB, and there haven't been that many books written that take place during that time.

However, "L.S. and the Shadows of Mindor" sounds great, from everything I've read - The "Shadow Stormtroopers" that L. will fight will be great adversaries, judging from the way they've been portrayed in "Crimson Empire" and the old SW newspaper strip, where they were used as soldiers that worked for a villain named "Blackhole".
    Hopefully, as M. Stover has said, this book will remind readers of the pre-Zahn EU (the B. Daley "H. Solo" books, SOTME, etc.)

19. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I'm astonished at the pages of fawning hype, where nothing can seriously harm or kill Skywalker in this book. You fellas are . . . rubik cubes. [face_laugh]

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Your namecalling of the community you belong to is becoming increasingly monotonous, Ex.

21. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Actually, we're GUARANTEED that Skywalker is harmed in the book, should Stover stick to the established lore in the slightest.

It's just that the harm isn't physical.

22. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Fellas is name calling in what way? I'm merely surprised there's so much hype, considering it's just another Luke book. And fans, dissatisfied with the lack of his NJO page time, got him heavily since. I was remembering Tatooine Ghost, how quite a few said seeing Chewie again was sort of meh in feeling; and thought for a book with Skywalker so young, it'd have that effect again.

23. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    just going of the established events, Luke will be horrified (traumatized?) by the tremendous loss of life that this battle will result in, so much so that he resigns from being a New Republic general. I'm definitely looking forward to Mr. Stover getting inside Luke's head.

24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Okay, though I do love the cover for it's fun, dynamic, old school feel... I think artists should be given the following instruction from LFL:

Ignore the films. ESPECIALLY Return of the Jedi. Luke Skywalker looks like this:
    [image=http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/Ulicus/NonFuglyLuke.jpg]

Idealised pseudo-Hamill FTW.

25. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    I think I have to agree, Ulicus. I know the drawing is pretty accurate, but Luke looks like a troll, not a dashing space hero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.