main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Vivec, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    Words can not express my anger.

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

[face_laugh]

It's a Legacy 10. What did you expect?

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Nor mine. But, I'll live. I'm looking forward to MF after a fashion. :p

4. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    DR's damage control has gone into panic mode, it seems....[face_plain]

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Well... I suppose it makes sense given MF sounds like a sort of "LOTF Epilogue".

But... :_|

I want my Mindor! [face_frustrated]

6. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Brilliant. Abso-kriffing-lutely brilliant.:mad:

7. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    On the one hand, DISGUSTED RAGE etc.

On the other...

[image=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/shadowspawnzoom.jpg]

:eek:

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    He's gonna kick Luke's backside, isn't he?

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I see your :eek: and raise you [face_hypnotized].

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    On one hand I like it. :D

On the other it looks like the dude belongs in Pirates of the Carribean. o_O

I am left wondering why we've been forced to endure those ugly 3D covers for LOTF at the expense of more like this. [face_plain]

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    *GASP* The theory in my sig's been right! They ARE using Napoleon as a basis for Shadowspawn!

I've highly suspected for a while now that Stover was using another story to base his Mindor novel off of (Shatterpoint = Conrad's Heart of Darkness; Traitor = Dante's Inferno; ROTS novel = ROTS movie). I've also thought that Blackhole/Shadowspawn just kinda looked like Napoleon. So if Stover were to barrow another story, Napoleon's life would be perfect. Heck, he was even exiled like Shadowspawn was and came back with a vengeance. So Mindor's probably his Waterloo.

EDIT: In other news... I think he's got a Corellian Bloodstripe. [face_thinking]

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    :_|

13. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    OMG

They crossed Horatio Nelson with Ming the Mercyless and a Ninja and then set his swords on fire.

14. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    "Sorry kids, you'll have to wait a couple more months for the book but look!" *shows giant teaser image and jingles keys*

[image=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/shadowspawnzoom.jpg]

DR giveth and DR taketh away.o_O

15. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    DR can't crush my soul anymore than they have so waiting another 2 months is no biggie. whats the reason for the delay? if its for editing purposes thats cool as it can only make it better

back cover is made of win. however i'm still perplexed about luke wearing a flight suit instead of armor or jedi robes like in this pic http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Battle_of_Mindor.jpg

16. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I guess he's wearing the suit because he's been either shot down or he has just landed in his X-Wing.

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sir,

I note with considerable dismay that a flagship Star Wars book has been moved to later in the year, so your company can further capitalise upon the controversy generated by other series. This move is utterly without foundation.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

(Brits will get the joke, as to the rest of you - well, there must be cultural equivelents, must there not?)

18. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    So are those supposed to be TOTJ-esque lightsabers or the Sith swords we know Shadowspawn has, surrounded by some sort of "energy" effect?

Also: :eek:.

19. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    I don't like that it has been delayed once more... Even less now that I've seen what could easily be the best backcover... ever. At least this year will go with bang ;) And I hope this bang is big enough to get to DR and let them see that Mindor is the direction they should follow, as to the kind of stories they should do.

20. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    The raised one is definitely a sword IMO, the second I'm not so sure... a shoto maybe?

Delay? Doh!

Back Cover? W00t!

Justice for the delay for what sounds like a Survivor's Quest like story? No!

21. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    They look like they're the same sort of thing to me. If one is a shoto then the other is a lightsaber. It's not like either short Sith Swords or lightsabers with crossguards are an impossibility.

I'm British but I had to get my dad to explain it to me.

22. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I might actually be in love with this novel. [face_plain]

23. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    like someone said DR give with one and take it away with the other but man this book has one hell of a cover

24. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but do we know yet what year SOM takes place? All I know is that it's sometime shortly after ROTJ.

As for it and MF release dates being switched I don't mind. I'm more excited for MF anyways.

25. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    5 ABY.

1 year after ROTJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.