main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Luke Skywalker series (rumored)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So a Luke Skywalker series is now rumored
    Here are some prominent people talking about it

I don’t know how much I trust someone who was dismissed from his own company for allegedly sexual misconduct.

But Fandom Wire is also reporting it
    https://fandomwire.com/luke-skywalk...6I0hMe5BtnQrXxR7ocSbRsIpIRA3kvLsYZ8QfRRz2_oME

Fandom wire stresses that the project is in early development like they just started and could very well be cancelled

Mods as ever if I jumped the gun to early on this just lock the thread

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    If they do this they need to recast. CGI simply won't cut it.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    As I said in the other thread, the reaction to Luke has been monumental, and a series is sure to follow.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This show is apparently in the very early stages of development and the source isn’t even sure it will happen as they throw out ideas all the time

CISMestizo likes this.
  6. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Well Luke + Grogu = $$$$$$$$$

If they do a full series they need to recast. It was really nice for Mark Hamill to play Luke one last time and bring back the hope Luke Skywalker represents which was taken away by the sequels for him and many fans but you can't carry a whole series with that cgi.

Even if they don't do a full series they should really recast so he can play a big part in the big crossover event.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If your recasting your running a big risk. Also if this series happens it happens in 2024/2025. So I don’t think it will be apart of the big event they talked about.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I prefer the story of Luke and Grogu during the Mandalorisn period be done in comic format.

If we have a Luke series, it should be set during the Academy period, Grogu could still show up if he is still one of Luke’s students by then. And it being animation would be an easier way for Mark to continue the role.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    At this point we have no clue what it’s about although I do think the article I linked said the idea was to set it sometime around the Mandalorian. If I had to guess it would be a mini series following the time of Baby Yoda and Luke

10. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Although I personally wouldn't mind a recast - I love both Solo and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - the fact that they opted for Digital Luke in the otherwise epic season finale tells me Disney is too afraid to recast. And the CGI faces they're using just aren't good enough to sustain a full episode much less an entire series. Someday they will be... but not now.

An animated Luke series would be great, though. It would instantly become the most watched SW animated series ever.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Pretty much this. If you do a Luke series you do a Luke animated series.

AllTheSingleMaras likes this.
  12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018

Definitely off topic, but even though I hate sexual assault, rape and harassment 100 times more, I still disapprove of cancelling any and everyone just because people say things, which sometimes they cannot back up with words. False rape allegations are only about 8% of all allegations, and that percentage goes higher for any other sexual harassment (it's easier for people to lie about getting harassed than getting raped), but that's still something that shouldn't happen. Now, is this guy a guy that you would your sister or daughter to date? Most certainly not. But it seems that no non-consensual behavior can be proven.

The guy was not convicted for anything, and that video sheds a lot of light into the situation.

On topic, I am all for it. Bring it on. Mark Hamill, Sebastian Stan, I don't care, as long as it's done well.
    I have absolute faith on Favreau and Filoni at this point. I do NOT think it will happen, but I would not oppose that AT ALL.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Not at all surprising this would be a thing at Lucasfilm.

14. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    It could actually be a master stroke to tell Luke's story from the end of Return of the Jedi to The Force Awakens. At the moment, it would seem that a lot of fans (me included) have some trouble relating the Luke we saw in The Mandalorian, ie brave and capable, and willing to lay down his life to protect others, with the broken old Luke we meet in the sequels. Even though a lot of time has passed in the story. The change is just too much without any context to explain it.

If they went on to do a series about Luke's adventures and him setting up his own Jedi school, it could be brilliant. Luke still had a lot to learn himself at the time of Return of the Jedi. He had only just become a Jedi by facing off against Darth Vader, that was his final test.

They would have to recast though because I don't think the CG effect would hold up for entire episodes or seasons.

Edited: What I was trying to say is that something like this might give some context ot Lukes character in the sequels and make the fans who were unhappy with how Luke was shown accept why he became like he did.

15. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    The last part is not gonna happen for me. I'll never accept him becoming a cowardly loser and I certainly wouldn't want to see a TV show wasted on laying down seeds for it or connecting to it.

IF they do a TV show, then they would have the opportunity to maybe somehow give him things that fix his legacy aka give him a legacy. But I would still 100 % want to ignore the ST.

So setting up the failure academy won't cut it. That well is poisoned. Give him something great to do before that or it's meaningless anyway.

16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    100% agree.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I really want this to happen in live-action. Recast, Lucasfilm. If the actor and show is top quality, the fans will almost all come around. I see it as I see the Maul resurrection. I hated the idea at first, but the execution was so good that I loved it in the end. Execute this well, and you’ll have the entire fanbase behind you.

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Animated show or CG-face Luke, please. Recasting won't cut it.
    They can take all the time they need to make it work.

19. Alliyah Skywalker

Dec 18, 2017
    I agree. Animated would be a downgrade at this point as they are bringing animated characters into live action. And they already HAD Luke in live action Mando.

I understand why for that one short appearance they went with CGI but a show absolutely requires re-casting. Personally I think Sebastian Stan is a good actor so IF it was him, I would look forward to it.

The "never recast mandate" has IMO been quoted out of context. Not recast for TFA and not Carrie after her passing. But obviously yes for new projects set in different timelines.

20. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    Thats okay. I too didn't like how Luke was protrayed in the last Jedi, but I would be open to seeing the story of how he got there. It could be an interesting story for Luke I think. The problem was that because we havent seen Luke for a long time in the sequels, when we do see Luke he is so changed that everybody was like Huh? Who is this? Where is the old Luke?

I would like to see though whether the change in him was gradual and it happened over a long time or whether it was an event that made him like this. Either way, there are lots of great adventures Luke can have before that.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well there is a 30 year gap. People change as they get older but you wouldn't need to use a show to rush to the finish line to explain it all.

cerealbox likes this.
  22. Alliyah Skywalker

Dec 18, 2017
    Even with context my main problem with TLJ was there was no redemption. Crait was a big fat zilch for me. So at this point I need the character to have a legacy before the ST.

Please if they do a show don'r already change him into a loser prematuraly. He can have a good few years at least. The ST will unfortunately still be there.

mtt02263 and DarthFixxxer like this.
  23. Lobot's Wig

Dec 13, 2020
    Thats what they could do, have it over a few seasons where he goes on normal Jedi adventures and stuff, and then by the last season, show how he set up his school as an older man and how it went wrong maybe?

24. Alliyah Skywalker

Dec 18, 2017
    Then I would know not to watch the last Season ever.

Though I hope he would do more than just go on little adventures. He needs to do something significant because the ST erased the entire OT accomplishment while not giving them any new ones. So at this point this time period is all we have to fix up the character.

mtt02263 and RetropME like this.
  25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I think there will be a Ben/Luke show at some point. But i do think there is room to have a Luke in his prime show made too.

30 years is a long time to rush through. I imagine a long period of that was just him being a jedi. Not settling down to train at a temple