main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Luke Skywalker (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Still can't believe my two favourite properties are merging in such a big way.

TadoFett and Lord-Skywalker like this.
  2. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Tried to order it. Won't ship outside the US. [face_sigh]

4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    dang, if that isn’t a bit of a tease lol

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Could we see more Luke cameo plus other OT heroes cameo and looks better, like the deepfakes he makes.

TadoFett likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s pretty cool if it’s true

TadoFett likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It seems he been hired, the guy commented on being hired by LucasFilm and will probaly begin to work soon with ILM, It is speculated among star wars projects he might asl o help with inidana jones 5.

"As some of you may already know, I joined Lucasfilms a few months ago and haven't had the time to work on any new YouTube content. Now I've settled into my job, uploads should start increasing again. Enjoy!"

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh as I said that’s pretty cool

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ok i watched his, Tarkin and Luke deepfakes and they look so mutch better, more textures and skin tone, Tarkin seemed to have been given to mutch wrinkles. His Leia is soo mutch Better, he does a good Han Solo deepfake if they ever wanted a Han Solo and Leia cameo. His earliest Kenobi deepfake looks ok, you can see they casted Ewan perfectly and with ILM they can make Ewan look like Alec's obi wan if they want him too appear in any OT conent or has force ghost. With him being hired i can see them looking better and better mounth movement and the eyes. Sure it won't be perfect but i can see it looked good enough for few mintes cameo. I suspect they'll use for Tarkin on Andor and Luke on the mandalorian projects.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    His new job title seems to be, "Senior Facial Capture Artist".

GunganSlayer likes this.
  11. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I think this could open the door for the potential of "legacy" characters to return, in a perhaps somewhat greater capacity. The Internet is speculating a lot, but I don't think we necessarily need to get carried away. I'd imagine ILM has already been working on a variety of similar projects for different films and shows. They obviously really liked his work, and the individual seems to be talented at what he does, so they probably figured it'd be a good fit for everyone. We shall see what happens.

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Just saw a good point made that this deepfake guy is likely first assigned to Indiana Jones 5, since those set photos have indicated some de-aging on Ford.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wouldn’t be that shocked if Lucasfilm has finally decided that they aren’t doing recasts even though I think both Alden and Glover did a great job as Han and Lando

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think any event after OT will be done with CGI-Deepfakes, event prior to OT like Rogue One and Andor. No recast for Luke, Leia, Lando, Han or Tarkin. more Luke in Mandalorian, pls maybe Han, Lando and Leia cameo if they want to. Tarkin will be on of the villains of Andor, rumor of Kenobi in Andor so they might go Ewan with deepfakes for old man kenobi.

15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It would be going abit far with deepfaking Ewan to be old.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Ewan or another actor with deepfaking if they wanted to do some old man kenobi, maybe some scenes in Andor. or Even in Ahsoka if they want force ghost Kenobi to look like Alec's kenobi. Maybe they want to do some scenes with kenobi secretly helping the rebellion.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He doesn’t even need to look old people can age fast.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If they plan to use Kenobi close to the OT in live action he needs to look like Alec's Kenobi.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No he really doesn’t. At least to me

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    TO disney and LFL he does, it why no alden close or after the OT and why Luke won't be reacted, why Tarkin will still be in shows as CGI.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still think they get Glover again for Lando

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    TadoFett likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sure Lando will be pre-solo and rumor has some of will be post-TROS.

TadoFett likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do think we’ll see Luke again soon enough though

TadoFett likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Rumor has it for book foboba for both Grogu and Luke, Whenerver Grogu comes back so does Luke, I think Luke will be inthe mandoverse as this guest character appearing from now on.

TadoFett likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing Luke and Boba interact and not fight would be pretty cool in my opinion