main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Luke Skywalker (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    It's a reference to Schitts Creek, using wine label/types as a comparison to sexual preference -- he's into the wine not the label/type. I was trying to be clever hoping the image would explain my gist and it looks like it didn't land -- my apologies. :)

I'm just happy to see more of Luke and while I love MH, I don't really care how the character Luke is portrayed.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    #FreetheShamook

3. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    From StarWars.com regarding The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 6:

4. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I love how the temple looks like the temples on Ahch-To!

Could it be that Luke has already been there? I mean we know from the BFII campaign how he found the compass and this Episode is certainly set after the game campagin.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  5. darthRebel

darthRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2004
    When Ahsoka tells Luke hè reminds her of his father, she means she sees in him someone who questions the status quo and doesn’t accept certain dogma’s. This is much like how Anakin was questioning some inconsistent behaviours of the Jedi. She tells him to trust his instincts and this foreshadows in my opinion the great journey this master will make. To avoid attachment and external stimuli monks place themselves largely outside of the real world in reclusion. In comparison the Jedi acted more like Marshalls trying to keep the peace in the Galaxy. They had a time where they exerted a lot of influence on politics and society. Maybe a possible romance between Luke and Mara will learn him that it has as much value TO HAVE LOVED and LOST than to have never loved at all. I hope he will create a new Jedi school where one can find balance while engaging in the world. Inspired by Ahsoka’s words hè offers Grogu a choice, mirroring probably his own doubts about which direction to go. I think both choices were equally worthy, but in the end Grogu followed his heart. In my opinion the wise decision but the alternative was also good. As Grogu symbolises the creative and destructive power of nature for me, hè is the representation of the green man. I think the current teachings would have led him to one of both extremes. Either becoming the next yoda or falling to the darkside. A balanced path for him is better. I only hope Luke with the help of Ahsoka can alter the insane storyline of the last Jedi.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    Nate787 likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I knew it.

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    So we have rumors now of a post-ST trilogy that would focus on a new Jedi Order and possibly trying to avoid the mistakes of Luke's Order/the previous Jedi Order.

Meanwhile, there's also the possibility of a Luke Jedi Academy series, and we see now that he's Detachment Luke, which means that the two series could potentially work together to critique the idea of detachment.

While I love this possibility, it is regrettable that Luke once again will be thrown under the space bus, so to speak, but at least if they go this way it will be easier for me to accept if we end up with a strong critique of the nihilism inherent to this extreme version of the Jedi (this critique also applies to any religion, e.g., Buddhism, that suggests there is something inherently destructive about human love and connection--specifically romantic love and even familial love).

Still if they go this way it will be interesting to see how they handle Luke and Ben. I'm thinking that he doesn't alter the attachment rules for Ben, and this is one of the things that helps to drive Ben nuts--being unable to spend significant time with his parents, and obviously we know that Ben is interested in women due to his interest in Rey, so this approach could work pretty well.

I also hope that they work in the knowledge that Yoda gleamed during S6 of The Clone Wars -- that the Jedi's fear of the darkside allowed it to grow within them unchecked, since they denied its existence in them. Ultimately the prequel Jedi were dominated by fear, fear of the darkside, and also fear of attachment.

Fast forward to Rey's Jedi Order, where she and members like Grogu have no problem with attachments and teach their members to live in healthy emotional balance with others rather than in toxic separation from them.

One of the more amusing aspects of the Prequel Jedi way is that their attachment policy is literally based on the slippery slope fallacy.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  8. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    That sounds dreadful: loser!Luke, poor misunderstood Benny and saint!Rey of the can-do-no-wrong variety.

9. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It is dreadful but at least I would understand why Luke became a failure -- he followed the Prequel Jedi way.

That's at least a reason for his behavior when Ben falls, a reason we didn't have before now that we understand Luke becomes an emotional cripple due to the detachment rules.

You know, he becomes the kind of weird adult who asks a baby to consider never seeing his father again.

10. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    I don’t want to understand why he becomes a cowardly failure - I jump off the story way before this "continuity". And having my two most hated characters in SW benefit from it just adds more insult to injury.

11. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'd rather that conduct be left in Star Wars history past. I like having 'clean' versions of episodes and movies now that haven't been tampered with.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I cant wait for more jedi, Luke, Rey and Grogu.

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I have never seen anyone being this weird adult.

Also, he explains to Grogu that if he chooses the Jedi Way, he might never see Din Djarin again.

Luke is absolutely right in saying that. If Grogu agrees to stay as his student, he needs to know what he might be giving up.

15. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    To have both paths right now would be infeasible since Din's life is one full of danger and there's no telling if he would die of old age or simply perish in combat. It's not like Han or Leia, who live in relative time of peace and thus Luke could afford to see his friends and family again. But even, Luke's journey to reestablish the Jedi Order has seen him in relative isolation, symbolic with R2-D2 no longer present with C-3PO despite the two being an iconic pair.

16. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Since there's 50 pages of this thread, I skimmed but did not see an idea they had mentiones this about the Respeecher dialogue.
    Whether James Earl Jones gives them permission or not I was thinking couldnt they use the James Earl Jones bible read that he did to create Vader voice stuff?
    Just think of the huge vocabary of individual words they can use and tweak with that....

17. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Who owns that recording?

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Respeecher doesn't take recordings to piece together sentences using individual words though. It analyzes voices and speech patterns and completely synthesizes them. Either as a Text-to-Speech application, or by matching a performance; ie they use an actor to deliver the lines, and then Respeecher changes the voice to sound like -- in this hypothetical -- James Earl Jones as Darth Vader.

19. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Ironically, Darth Vader would be the voice that makes perfect sense to use a Respeecher since, after all, that voice is in-universe produced by a machine.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey mods time to add the Kenobi tag. Man I can’t wait

cwustudent, Glitterstimm and Sproj like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  22. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    If you turn up the volume, you can hear Luke say "Yippie" :xwing:

23. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    He also says "I LOVE SAND!".

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's so wizard. I need to try that.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    "I'll try sitting on this desert igloo and making believe I'm flying something. That's a good trick."