main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Luke Skywalker (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 18, 2020.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The entire Disney era of continuity may very well be proving to follow the Obi Wan Kenobi method of storytelling.

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"

Nate787, Lordban, Darkslayer and 12 others like this.
  2. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I'd say so. I doubt that will be actually formalized anytime soon within the continuity of these series and movies themselves with alternate timelines and/or parallel realities or anything like that but that is effectively what they are doing.

Personally I look at it that the beings that oversaw the writing of the happenings of the Star Wars galaxy in the Journal of the Whills had different observers who had different points of view on what happened.

Internets, The Chalk Jedi and Shadao like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Myths and legends never rely on proven fact, which is why they're generally more entertaining than historical fact.

4. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Speaking of point of view, and I thought it may be best to put this here instead of the Chapter 16 (Season Finale!!) thread.

The original post that I'm quoting is from that thread:
    Yeah, I finally got around to reading that the other week, and what Ben ultimately ended up doing wasn't that horrible.

Well, aside from killing a fellow Padawan who was a childhood friend and rival (Voe), but y'know. It's not like what his grandfather did.

Ben's not that bad. Okay, he killed his father too, but... :cool:

But the killing of Jedi at the Temple thing is not what happened. That was Luke's version of the story. Ben's side was different (and sorta "spoilers," but it's a year-old comic series, I imagine if you wanted to read it you would have by now)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And it was Palpatine who killed all of the students (I believe, at least).

So Grogu should be fine. And Luke said he had a dozen students, we only saw seven, I believe, on panel.

So yeah, Grogu's fine. Everything fits. And I just realized it now.

And yeah, Ben didn't want to have to kill anyone.
    He just had a bad few days. I blame Luke. And ultimately the Force. The Force made him do it. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well the logic in the animated shows has been that Jedi are a religion. force users apparently don't automatically count as Jedi.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Correct and it makes sense that way

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    So, Grogu 'communed' with the sky and Luke appeared. Maybe the sky communed with Luke.

Those FGs knew about Exegol. They were there before the throne with Rey, and Palpatine didn't notice them. His phantom menace.

Grogu was/is maybe a backup or parallel plan -another hope, like Leia- the particulars of which Luke was not told about, for security reasons (Ahsoka was 'there' in TROS, and she was a jedi. Maybe Grogu was for her to keep)

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Grogu is most certainly not the other hope

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Thanks, now I need an alternate universe where Obi Wan and Yoda are forced to send poor Grogu to the Death Star to confront Sidious and Vader.

Shadao and RetropME like this.
  10. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

Wonderful shot, if that's the last live action scene we see him, what a finale. (photo credit: Disney/Lucasfilm)

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think we’ll see Luke 1 or two more Times

RetropME and Django Fett like this.
  12. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Agreed. I think live action Luke will be used sparingly, but they will use him when appropriate. There are a LOT of story gaps to fill after all.

Django Fett likes this.
  13. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    If we've learned anything from The Mandalorian, it's no character is off limits, no character is finished.

14. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I mean, really! If someone came here when this show was first announced and told us that we would see Ahsoka, Boba Fett, AND Luke Friggin' Skywalker all within 4 episodes of this show... I would have called them insane.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Max-Floyd Jones played Luke’s body for this episode

nilzo antonio likes this.
  16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It almost seems like a shame if they can't do much with Luke after episode 6. Maybe even with thrawn to add some legends back in to canon. CGI may not be "the way" for that.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree but I also don’t want him recasted

Django Fett likes this.
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I’m pretty sure Ben Solo did blow up the Academy (on accident), not Palpatine.

And if Grogu is in the Academy when it blows.....well......

That comic really put a nail in the coffin on the question “did any of Luke’s students survive?”. The 3 who were off world at the time, did not mention any more students who were not sleeping in the Temple when It went kaboom. From their perspective, Luke was dead, and they and Ben were the last legacy of Luke’s Academy. Of course it ends where Ben is the last one left.

But maybe Grogu is not even apart of the Academy at this point. Like Leia, he decided the Jedi path was not for him.

19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Budget is the key.

20. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It would be a shame, but when LFL sees the reaction to Luke in this episode, which is epic, they will find a way to do a Luke show.

LFL seemed to forget that Luke Skywalker is a hero on the level of the greatest icons that can be thought of: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Luke is their equal, or greater.

I believe Luke's appearance in Mando was just a test run, on the tech and the fan response.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t know if they’ll do a Luke show and if they do it’s gonna be years done the line like 2025

22. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Yeah, they seemed to leave it a little vague.

I just went with Palpatine because of the voices in Ben's head; the word balloons in black in the comic. And because the Force lightning came from the sky and not from Ben. At least I assume it's Force lightning in that panel.

But yeah, I'm trying to work on a defense here for my guy Kylo. So what you see is maybe not what you think you see. :cool:

No, it's good though.

And yeah, it's very easy to place Grogu somewhere else. You can just use the comic. Voe, Hennix, and Tai were returning from off-world when they confronted Ben. Just say that they were coming back from taking Grogu off-world. Or leave the comic out of it and say Grogu was with Lor San Tekka. Or Ahsoka, you need to place here somewhere else. Put her and Grogu together and you're done.

The Thrawn situation was one that I had wondered how they were going to deal with...

I just assumed that they would ignore Luke and go on with it. But since they've obviously brought in Luke in a big way, it's kind of hard to ignore him now if they also bring in Thrawn.

So we may see Luke again if and when Thrawn comes in.

Hopefully they don't do CGI again. They may have done that this time to keep any leaks out of the Hollywood trades for Luke. Because with CGI any actor will do. That's obviously how they keep Grogu secret. A puppet and CGI is very easy to keep under wraps compared to a human actor.

Anyway, as ever, those Bothan spies may need to be called on again for any potential live-action Luke castings.

Shadao likes this.
  23. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Grogu will become so strong in the Force the he also has a vision about Leia's son. And goes "kriff this" and summons an Uber.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Everyone knows Ben is bad news I guess

King_Kenobi62 likes this.