main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Luke Skywalker's physical appearance..what would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

There ARE NO fat Jedi.

mulberry and dolphin like this.
  2. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Except on YouTube.

3. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
  4. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Fat people make my eyes sad

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  5. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    If he is to train Jedi we must be in shape! All of Star Wars older actor's were in great shape and some a LOT older than Mark Hamill!

6. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    There is a big difference between being short and being morbidly obese!

7. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    "Morbidly obese" might just be a little too extreme a description...

Honestly, are people being all that unreasonable about this? He was never an Adonis back in the day (unless the Hildebrandts were painting him) and no one's asking to see one now.

I would think most people would say that they would expect to see a look that seems a reasonable extrapolation forward from Luke's look in Jedi, factoring in the passage of time (which would of course be easier to determine if we knew when this was set). That's the reason they neither expect nor want to see a massive difference in weight, whether in one direction (too much) or the other (not enough). No need for a radical change in, say, hairstyle or costume; just what seems a reasonable projection ahead a number of years. That's hardly too much to ask; it's just not.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's the perfect look. But I imagine they won't go with something that obvious.

It's also a good way to hide Hamill's and Fisher's over weight statures, too.

9. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Mark Hammill in a beard.

10. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    do we even know for cetain if Mark Hammill will be in ST

12. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    This is very cool. I definitely think less traditional would be the way to go, and his Return of the Jedi look would be the best place to start. Do we really want to see him looking exactly like Old Ben? Mark isn't grey yet so I think I'd prefer to see "greying" to a real old man look, but this picture has me curious to see what they could do with his hair.

13. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    Post 25 is the one, he needs to lose a lot of weight, Carrie too.

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, I agree. No fat Jedis, please.

15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I don't care what Luke will look like. As long as he doesn't look like Mark Hamill/Emperor Palpatine.

16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Thanks. Glad you liked it. I pretty much agree with your last statement. If this is a new era in the Galaxy, then that should be reflected in the fashion. The fashion of the OT was minimal and utilitarian. Gone were the robes and dresses from the PT. The evolution should be extended.

I never really liked the whole EU, Luke goes to the dark side storyline. I mean, he's the good guy, he did what his father could not, he chose his path in RotJ. It might make for an appealing novel story, but I think in terms of the movie saga storyline, he should remain a force for good. He's the savior that his father wasn't. I almost think they could do a mirror of what his father became as Darth Vader. Vader was the black knight, Luke could be the White Knight.

There was a discarded concept from Attack of the Clones, where I believe Ian McCaig said he thought that Anakin should be dressed in white, like Lawrence of Arabia. Perhaps in his quest to rediscover Jedi philosophies, he dresses more purely.

[​IMG]

Or perhaps as the Grail Knight from The Last Crusade. He literally becomes a reverse Vader. A part of me thinks EP 7 could have a Grail Quest story line, like Luke, or his apprentices are searching for long lost Jedi holocrons.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Or maybe even pull in some more eastern inspiration, minus the super long beard:
    [​IMG]

17. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I so completely agree. I hate the thought of them undoing Luke's triumph over the Dark Side. It was an internal triumph as well! Not just redeeming his father and destroying Sidious.

It was fitting for him to wear black in Episode VI, but after his Triumph....Gandalf the White comes to mind. Although Luke himself did not die, he needs to have a Transfiguration. When he cast his lightsaber aside, he "died" to the Dark Side, from a certain point of view.

(BTW DarkGinger, I'm a huuuge Lawrence of Arabia nut. Got to see it re-released a couple months back)

18. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    We all know Luke gets the comped hotel room on Coruscant and the free lobster buffets and all that. His rotundity comes as no surprise.

19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    he "died" to the Dark Side?

20. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    The wife and I watched Tron Legacy last night. Watching that made me think possibly the big three could still amazingly be converted to their younger selves if needed. Say Episode VII takes place just a few years after jedi. Maybe we could get a Luke that still looked like himself from ROTJ. Not sure how they do that conversion to make the actor look like their younger self but maybe he would still have to lose some weight or else it would look like ROTJ Luke with a chunky body. LOL. In any case that would be interesting nonetheless.

21. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    That only looked good in small snippets, it would be terrible looking over an entire movie.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want him to have a beard with a lightsaber sticking out of it, so he can beard whip baddies.

23. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Brilliant post and I would love a direction like this. I always wanted old Jedi Master Luke in robes like Ben's, but your reasoning and post makes me want to see him in white. I love the idea of Episode VII being more spiritual and Luke questing to discover what exactly the Force is.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  24. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I don't care what he looks like, as long as he's soooo powerful he makes our faces melt with the awesomness! :). LOL!

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  25. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I'm sorry, I just don't get this he's too fat/she's too fat stuff going on. If they are in it its gonna be set 30 years post Jedi at least. They will be in whatever shape the director wants them to be in. We age, they age, that's life. I'm 42 next birthday and I'm fortunate to still be the weight and build I was at 20 but thats not due to me working out, its just luck. I'll always be a scrawny lookin guy! They will be fine once they step on that stage, be it a portly Luke who has sat on his ass for 30 years or a slim svelte Luke who has spent years fighting. It will be what it will be. None of us are perfect, why expect an aged hero to be so.

krtmd, Echo-07 and Valairy Scot like this.