main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Lurker Who Decided To Join

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Voxynbane, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voxynbane

Voxynbane Jedi Padawan

Jan 19, 2020
    Hello all!

I've been lurking on this board for quite some time, mostly the SWTOR thread for all the juicy details on the newest content. I also have a huge mound of Expanded Universe books since I apparently can't sate my cravings for more world building, expansive Star Wars stuff- my favorites so far have been the Thrawn Trilogy and Duology, The Dark Nest Trilogy, and Outbound Flight.

I couldn't pick a favorite character if I tried, but Mara Jade comes up on top more than anyone else. :p

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @Voxybane!!!

There are many Mara admirers here for sure. Like the Legends? That's where I hang out along with RPG. Go here and take a look around, plenty of threads to interest you in both forums. If you need help with anything, just ask here or via PM, will be happy to help you out!!

Voxynbane likes this.
  3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    So you're the lurker?!? Glad we finally flushed you out.

Welcome!

Voxynbane and Adalia-Durron like this.
  4. Voxynbane

Voxynbane Jedi Padawan

Jan 19, 2020
    Thanks for the welcomes! Glad to be here and being less lurk-y.

5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Welcome, may I say good avatar.

Can I ask what you like about those trilogies? (not trying to pry, just interested :) )

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. Voxynbane

Voxynbane Jedi Padawan

Jan 19, 2020
    Thank you! I'm a huge fan of SWTOR, it's got a special place in my heart even though it's far from perfect. :p

My favorite species of alien in Star Wars are the Chiss, so I took to the Thrawn Trilogy like a duck to water. It's also where Mara Jade was introduced into the canon (as herself, not while she was undercover or behind the scenes). As for the Dark Nest, I find the Killiks fascinating and it was, in my opinion, a very good shake up from the standard "evil Force user shows up and ruins the Jedi's day". Also more Chiss involvement lol

7. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Nice! Same here I really like it, but yes it has... flaws lol

Oh cool (get it lol), Thrawn is the essental Chiss, yeah is cool to see her.

They are really interesting I feel the same about the Vong (I assume from your name you know NJO lol)

I can priavte message you if you prefer so I don't take over this thread with the discussion on fav aliens. :)

Adalia-Durron and Voxynbane like this.
  8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! I’m glad you jumped in. :) Good to see a fellow Chiss fan. Please let me know if we can help you find anything.

Adalia-Durron , Voxynbane and AusStig like this.
  9. Voxynbane

Voxynbane Jedi Padawan

Jan 19, 2020
    Sure, PMs are fine with me! I might be a little slow answering sometimes though, the semester just started for me.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll keep you in mind if I need anything.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Voxynbane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.