main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Mace Windu Disney+ show (Rumor)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Daxon101, Sep 14, 2020.

1. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Eh, color me the skeptic on this, I'll put it alongside the Thrawn show some people toted.

Plus, while I don't mind Mace as a character, I'm also not sure he's the type to support a whole show by himself, at least not in his Jedi Master stage, and having him survive the fall from the office...is also a bit much for me.

2. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I'd like a Mace and Jar Jar series. Jar Jar was just passing by the Supreme Chancellor's palace when this Jedi fell into his airspeeder.

"Master Mace! Nicea yousa to drop in!"

MrDarth0, eko32eko7 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    They became B'omarr Monks.
    Or I imagine something similar to that scene in The Thing with the head sprouting spider legs.

Mace with two Terminator hands, frustrated at his inability to use The Force fully...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dagnabbit. I was scrolling here to post that they became B'omarr Monks.

eko32eko7, Bor Mullet and GregMcP like this.
  5. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    How'd he lose the other one?

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Didn't he... well, I'll have to go watch again.
    Well then, he's all right then. Every Jedi loses a hand. They aren't a real Jedi if they don't.

Fin McCool likes this.
  7. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Dooku lost both hands...then his head but hey he's fine now if they need him for a post ROTS series.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I mean It sounds cool but I want a show after Flying out of Palpatines office window. I believe Mace Windu survived the fall and SLJ wants to do it badly!

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  9. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Dooku ONLY needs his head. As far as Jango, maybe they can find some way to bring him back as a clone or something.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    How long have you been waiting for this moment? lol

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if Samuel L Jackson can still be able to play Mace Windu who's in his 50's when he's in his 80's.

Erkan12 likes this.
  12. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Samuel L jackson is 71. i would have thought he was in his 60s personally. but yeah i don't see it being that hard for him to place Mace again. it doesn't require anything in particular that only 50 year olds can do.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  13. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Bringing him back might become as bad as bringing the emperor back from the dead for Episode 9.

Shamear likes this.
  14. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    It was before TFA, so maybe... 6 years?

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    while this sounds exciting, its more of the same...rumors. A rumor about that show a rumor about this show. Nothing concrete. Would I like something like this? The question I would ask is why? Star Wars needs to move forward with new characters and situations, yet we still find ourselves repeating and doing things in between Episode 1 through 9.

16. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I think the main difference between Maul and Palpatine is that they didn't use Maul enough and they killed him too early, which is why Filoni said this;

[​IMG]
    --- Star Wars - Age Of The Republic - Darth Maul 001 (2017)

But with Palpatine, that was not an issue, we had enough Palpatine from RotJ to RotS, no one could actually say that they didn't use Palpatine enough. That could be one of the reasons why it didn't work other than the storyline.

If people really think that they didn't use Windu enough in PT movies, it could work. But I think they used Windu enough in PT movies, and we also have some TCW episodes that directly features him, such as 'Liberty on Ryloth' and 'The Disappeared'.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    With Palpatine i don't think it was about them not using him enough. its about how to tie all 3 trilogies together with the big boss of the saga.

With Mace. i think its more interest to see where his life would go if he did survive and what he would do. there is that fanfilm that speculates he would have gone more darker and seek revenge against Vader.

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Brilliant!

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    **** fanfilm from ****** youtuber.

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    I'd say Episodes I through VI because nothing actually new has been brought to the table by Disney. Not that anyone should have expected them to. That isn't their way. That's not what they bought it for. As it is Lucas built the sandbox and they exclusively want to play in it. The problem is to both use all the tools they bought but to use them in such a way that comes off as a creative expansion.

You could go to an era thousands of years before the Jedi and Republic in another part of the galaxy but then it's virtually a completely different thing outside of the Star Wars banner on the front. You wouldn't need to spend 4 billion dollars to do that.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Fanfilm is a fanfilm. its fan fiction. but fan fiction can make you think.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sure it can. but sometimes it's better that, that's fan fiction and not canon. Like Fan fiction of Luke Skywalker and Canon of Luke Skywalker is two very different characters. Same with Mace windu's fate.

23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I used to think it would be cool to have him survive, and I figured, even without hands, there's no reason why he couldn't survive by falling into a speeder or something... but I've come to realize that he pretty much needs to be dead, because he's so straight up powerful, that if he lived, he would unbalance the flow of the narrative going forward. He would be this ultra powerful Jedi who would surely come after Vader / Palpatine again at some point, and it would be a whole extra story about how he almost killed them but how they managed to survive. It's easier if he's assumed to be dead. He fell down there and landed on top of a spiky communication antenna, and was impaled. The end. Dead.

24. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    I would support them doing a Mace series, but it needs to be early in his career. ...so far back that it doesn't even really have a direct through-line to the PT. If Mace is 60 in TPM, he needs to be like 25-30 in any new content and be a Jedi Knight. We could see young QuiGon, young Dooku, etc which would be very cool. My biggest concern would be that it's meant to be a time of peace in the galaxy. During that era the Sith were thought to be long extinct. If there's to be any lightsaber combat it'd have to be some kind of fallen jedi, which even further waters down the whole 'turned to the dark side' cliche.

Side note, I'm am F'ing sick of jedi turning to the dark side. In the beginning it was a super rare disaster that Anakin did it. ...but then we learn Dooku had just done it, and Anakin's grandson did it. The (excellent) Fallen Order game has Malicos. ...they turn people to the dark side whenever they need to create drama. It's so lazy. That's the biggest danger in them creating any content near the Skywalker Era. We know there are somewhere between 0 and 2 Sith, and there are no other known Force users other than the night sisters who are more like witches. If they go either direction 1000 years there could be however many unaffiliated Force users and they don't have these limitations.

This. No way Mace survived. He'd be a massive threat to the Sith if not, and they'd have to explain why he didn't help. Then he could be in the position to look like a coward (kinda like what they did to Luke's character). ...better to let him have died a hero.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
  25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Obi Wan and Yoda hid away like cowards.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
    Fallen Jedi Master likes this.