main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mace Windu Lightsaber Parts?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DARTHWUTWUTTINKY, Mar 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHWUTWUTTINKY

DARTHWUTWUTTINKY Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2001
    Does anyone have any ideas about what i could use to make a mace windu episode 2 saber? i already made a yoda saber for under £2!

2. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    I have no idea about the Mace Windu Lightsaber, but could you PM the things you used to make your yoda one? please

3. DARTHWUTWUTTINKY

Jun 28, 2001
    I just PMed you robo_obi.

4. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I will like to have the parts list for your Yoda sabre too. Can you PM it to me, please?

Rgds.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Or post it for all

6. AdlinSkymeck

AdlinSkymeck Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Yes I would like the Yoda file too please

7. DARTHWUTWUTTINKY

Jun 28, 2001
    I used some 30mm diameter tubing and some 32mm tubing. A cable tie, a piece of lego technics, fimo, a wheel from the lamborgini and some silver and black paint.

If you have any other questions post them and i'll answer them the best i can. i should also have some photos of it soon, so could anyone host them for me? if you can, pm me your email address.

8. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Thank you!

9. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    DARTHWUTWUTTINKY: If it's possible could you post some pics of your Yoda saber...i was going to purchase the flashgun thatwas used to make it off of ebay...one problem....i'm from Australia and they only ship in the US :(
    so the picture would be appreciated.

10. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    Also i was just studying some pics of Mace's saber and there seems to be a large nut or something to the right of the grips(at the non-emitter end) it appears to have 6 sides and is 3/4" wide and has a diameter of 1 7/16".
    If it was arranged like a clock...each section would be two hours.

at 12 to 2 would be the covertech clip, these sections are blank: 2-4, 4-6, 6-8, 10-12.....and in the section 8-10, closer to the 8 side there is a small hole about 3/16" in diameter.......

The grips
    There are 12 grips each are 3 1/2" long, 1/4" high and 1/8" thick, the section of the lighsaber they are on is about 15/16" or just use 1"....

so i hope that makes sense and helps you out, i will continue to study my pics and i'll get back to you if i find anything else....

11. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    I'm not sure but it appears as though maces saber might be threaded on a 5/8" metal rod.

Emitter
    I'm not sure of the actual part, but the gold bit looks like its off of a gas stove cook-top(the bit where the flames come out). I came to this conclusion because of the shape of it and the amount of holes in it, BTW there are 10 holes in the emitter.

The next bit down from the emitter sort of looks like it could be part of one of those economic shower heads (just the outer casing).

Black Bits
    The black bits of the Mace hilt are situated under the activation button and right near the end of the saber. They appear to be made of a textured rubber cut to fit the shape of the saber. Bike grips cut to size may work for this but i'm not sure.

The Buttons
    They are gold and are near the top of the saber. They look like they could be off some sort of toy, but you may need to custom make these two buttons.

Hope all that helps and i'll continue to analyze the saber for you.

12. DARTHWUTWUTTINKY

Jun 28, 2001
    WOW, Thanks Robo_Obi! At the moment i dont have pictures of the saber but as soon as i do i'll send 'em your way! (if you send me you e-mail address in a PM)

13. Exar_Kunn

Exar_Kunn Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2001
    Here is a picture of Mace's saber from Episode II

Pic

14. vanpuyer8

vanpuyer8 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    URL is broken

15. Exar_Kunn

Exar_Kunn Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2001
    See If This URL Works :)

16. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    For those of you who are building the Mace saber, if you want to make it as authentic as possible, the grip portion of the saber actually rotates independent of the rest of the saber. It is pretty sweet. You hold the saber by the grip, and the rest of it actually spins!

This might make it tougher to build, but it is a really cool and unique feature of the actual saber.

17. NateDawgNT

NateDawgNT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    i think i'll move this up and see if anyone's found out anything else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.