main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[machinima] Share your gaming videos

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Ever since I bought my PC I've started building up a little collection of random gaming videos, some demonstrating gameplay and some just for the hell of it. Anyone else making any game videos? You don't even need a PC these days, some PS3 games have direct YouTube upload functionality, and even saved Halo 3/Reach clips can be rendered and shared online.

Here's a few of mine:

The Many Voices of Steve Blum - I noticed quite a few games in my rotation feature the voice of Steve Blum. Most of the time he doesn't even bother changing his voice, as demonstrated in this video.

Dwarves can jump! - one of the neat little moments of Dragon Age, featuring a dwarf!

Napoleon: Total War - The Battle of Venice - just an example of the epicness of Napoleon: Total War

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Steve Blum was the Toonami guy, right?

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I was so pumped after I did this. I hardly ever record gaming sessions, but I was obsessing over that for hours.

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I used to watch loads of machinima when I still played WoW. And not just raid how-to videos either. :p Some of those guys did a lot of really awesome stuff - music videos, stories, tributes... these were a couple of my favourites:

Arithmomania - a BC-era video about how people get obsessed with numbers. Very well done, and the music is awesome too.

Blackwing Lair: Rite of Passage 1 2 - this one is probably only cool for those who were raiders at level 60 (ahhh memories), but it's still a very well-put-together video.

And for something more recent, there's Warden's Fall, an epic Dragon Age machinima series starring Kristoff before he became the dead Grey Warden in Awakening. Superb voice acting (the guy voicing Kristoff is a professional), very well-written, and just fantastically put together in general.

5. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    [face_hypnotized]

And I thought Metallica was hard. That's some serious finger work.

And yeah, the Dragon Age Warden's Fall is pretty amazing.

6. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
  7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Dammit, YouTube, load you unwieldy behemoth! Well, I do like the Melbourne track. So pleasant to drive.

I never think to start Fraps when just playing - when I watch replays I always go "wish I had Fraps on". I'm an idiot that way.

Ah, it finally loaded! Wow, it's amazing how differently I drive around there than you. Especially through the little chicane (turn 11/12 I think). Surely the kerbs aren't that treachourous in rain?

8. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I just have Fraps load with windows, then I don't need to think about it. :p

Yeah that lap was overly cautious. I certainly wasn't trying to be fast, it was just a lap I did in the rain when I felt like making a video. You know how Murphy's Law is, any time I have Fraps running I come off the track all over the place.

But even in the dry, I'm still feeling my way around turns 11 and 12. Depending on the car and the set up, I can get around there without shifting down, but I usually overcook it. I usually shift down to 5th so I can get a quick exit from 12. Probably not the best way, but I'm still learning really.

9. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    not that I'm one to talk, I can't get around Catalunya properly. At all. :(

10. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    As I promised in JCC's F1 thread ages ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT1XZOozILc

11. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Brutal. [face_laugh]

12. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    A game tribute to the T-34 tank - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKFUb8MKYXs

Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance "Terminator" introduction - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk91sMbmIlI

13. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
  14. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    [face_laugh] @ the Assassin's Creed clip. Why don't I ever see awesome bugs like that? I think you have a virus in your computer making game AI go completely insane.

Also, vampire dancing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7JIcpF7QE4

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    And I thought the Brotherhood glitch I got the other day when I leapt off a horse and shot unstoppably into the sky was good. WTH happened there? [face_laugh]

16. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    I think it was at a point in the story that kinda requires those guards there at all times, so it just instantly replaces dead ones. and once there are 2 at a time to kill...
    cuz it happened a minute later again on a different roof. I'm surprised it didn't crash, I was sure I was tempting fate there [face_worried]

17. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
  18. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I got sick of people pointing out that my Steve Blum video was missing Grunt and Oghren, so I made a new one! http://youtu.be/ehvGZUf5TrA

19. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
  20. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
  21. kru3ger

kru3ger Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5ccBHHroOs

Here is a video I made the other day. It's a fan-made trailer for Castlevania LotS. Let me know what you think, all feedback is appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.