main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Basically, two episodes of The Mando and, yeah, Maclunkey.

Some repaired lightsaber cores too, I guess.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There was quite a bizarre story involving her in the Certain Point of View book. Allowing Muftak and Kabe to stay at the cantina after hours, and pay rent. Which they couldn't. Then hijinks ensued.

comradepitrovsky and blackmyron like this.
  3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yeah, that's plenty canon enough in my book.
    Can I tweet this?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    Go right ahead. Maclunkey is life.

CooperTFN likes this.
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Gamiel likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Deathbed Special Edition. "Suck it you out raged 80 year old nerds," were the final words of Star Wars creator George Lucas. Died 110 years old.

IG: @jedisufism

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Knowing George he probably will edit the films after he dies

Gamiel and Alpha-Red like this.
  9. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    2050 AD: George Lucas makes headlines as he returns from death. Lucas attributes his resurrection to "influence over midichlorians", and states that this experience has inspired him to start work on a new edit.

2577 AD: After apparently being killed in a hover car accident, George Lucas appears to the press to announce he had "learned essence transfer" and uploaded his soul into a new clone body. Lucas claims this will not alter the scheduled release of "Star Wars: 600th Anniversary edition", but also adds "Now that I'm a clone, I feel like the title "Attack of the Clones" is a bit insensitive"

3200 AD: While exploring ruins from before the Great Disaster, some scavengers find an old brain in a jar. They are able to place this brain in a new body, and soon their are rumors of a stranger wandering the wasteland, asking everyone he meets "Do you think I should have added more dewbacks?"

15 Million AD: A society of cockroach people rises and falls. A society of rat people rises and falls. A society of squid people rises, discovers technology, and lands on the moon. There they meet a strange ageless being calling himself "Loo-cahs", who appears to be editing a movie to make all the characters into rat people. When he meets the squid astronauts, his first reaction is "Dammit, now I have to start from scratch!"

10 ^ 40th Power AD: As the last proton decays, George The Eternal floats through the void and thinks to himself, "You know, Han did start out as a bit of a scoundrel, maybe I should have had him shoot Greedo first . . . "

10. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    That was brilliant.

Jedi Ben, Dawud786 and JediBatman like this.
  11. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Everyone running around Destiny pretending they've just walked off the set of The Mandalorian this weekend.

Even I'm doing it.

[​IMG]

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You look more like a Skitarii than a Mando to me.

13. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I think you may have missed my joke. :p

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Probably ;)

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It may be a tad maclunky, but I've finally finished a video on an Enhanced Viewing Order for TCW that I've been chipping away at over the past year:

Useful now that the series is up on Disney+. Also useful if you lovvve my announcer voice. ;)

16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I can't comment on your proposed viewing order without actually trying it out, but your announcer voice is 100% win!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My voice was actually kinda shot when I had to record this a couple weeks ago, but was able to power through it and the results actually turned out better than I expected.

18. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Thank you for not leading that off with a 110dB "wwwwWWHAT'S up YouTube?!?!?" *Inception horn blast*. Your 'announcer voice' is much more pleasant than what I was bracing myself for.

Quick, start making bank recording Star Wars ASMR videos! Darth Vader gives you a haircut and breaths in your ear for 20 minutes. Imperial mind probe guided hypnosis. Millennium Falcon ambient cockpit sounds [~Threepio interrupts every 30 seconds~]. Mukbang with Jabba.

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If it were EckhartsLadder or the Honest Trailer Epic Voice Guy, I don't think I'd mind :p

20. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Looks good, Billy. I'll be doing a Clone Wars re-watch sometime in the next month or so, before Season 7, so maybe I'll try out this order.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I can guarantee you every clip of my voice in that video is ~ -3 to -7 dB lower than what was recorded ;).

Senpezeco likes this.
  22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Am I the only one who, upon seeing a locked thread called "A modest proposal", assumed that @Xammer was suggesting that the Irish sell their babies as food?

23. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    That was indeed the intended reference. (Actually, when I posted it, the title was just floating through my head, but I had forgotten what the work was actually proposing, just that it was something outrageous.)

Barriss_Coffee and Daneira like this.
  24. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I went a bit further and assumed Xam was a cannibal

no biggie, doesn't affect my opinion of them

Barriss_Coffee, Daneira and Xammer like this.
  25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I was hoping it was advocating that we eat the inhabitants of the JCC subforum.