main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I admire your restraint.

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Okay so Knightfall S2 wasn't, like, good... but the Hamill stuff was pretty great.

Especially the part in the final episode where he's like "I'll hold them off!" and he's rushed by a dozen guys and it's framed as a last stand and then two scenes later you cut back and he's killed all of them and he just walks off. Doesn't disappear into the ether or anything. I was amazed.

ColeFardreamer and Mia Mesharad like this.
  4. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    @GrandAdmiralJello , as a noted faux-Monarchist, do you have thoughts on noted cinematic classic, The Christmas Prince 1-3?

5. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    "Faux" lmao.

Vthuil and comradepitrovsky like this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I still need to watch those! I should try to endeavor to do so before the end of the holiday season. I get questions about them all the time, but I'm spoiler-phobic so I should just get down and watch them.

I mean, that's probably an accurate way of putting it...

comradepitrovsky and Gamiel like this.
  7. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I assume Jello is absolutely a hardcore monarchist, but only supports fictional or historically distant and thus historically revised (a.k.a. faux) monarchs.

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    On the one hand, I'm quite sure he doesn't want to overthrow the republic in which he lives. On the other, he's literally the only person to have ever messaged me about the Queen's Christmas address.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I found some old ROTS-era Palpatine creepy/epic music video... so I'm sharing it! :p

And a couple not-as-old videos on Anakin & Luke

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    while we're sharing videos

12. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  13. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    So anybody been watching "The Witcher" on Netflix? It's pretty good so far, and Henry Cavill is killing it as Geralt of Rivia. The only thing that threw me off about the first episode was Lars Mikkelsen as Stregobor, because in my head, I associate that voice with Thrawn...

14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    OMG THRAWN THAT'S WHERE I'D HEARD HIM BEFORE!!

So I'm taking a long break from this site, but as one of Lit's self-proclaimed foremost shills for Veers Watch, I feel an obligation to report that the "Star Wars Periodic Table" shirt I got for Life Day happily does include him on it. Atomic number 61, symbol "Gv".

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Merry Christmas:

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Threw together a little tribute to celebrate the first 42+ years of the franchise:

18. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    So apparently my long break lasted like a week. Albeit mostly because I need something to do online while my mother tears the house apart.

But um, anyway, I bid you all dark greetings!

Jedi Ben, Gamiel, Senpezeco and 2 others like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wow you honestly spent over half that video on non-movie shots. That was unexpected and will hopefully confuse while educate the innocent movie-only folks who stumble onto it.
    [​IMG]

Jedi Ben and The2ndQuest like this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And make even those of us who suspected as much realize just how many Lego series there have been [face_laugh] (and I didn’t even include the spin-off shorts or movie adaptations/early films).

Though I was enjoying the near-nonstop Ewok stretch in there. Makes me wish they had made one more TV movie back in the day to round out a trilogy. Also made me realize we have no Ewok emoji here :eek:.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  21. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's an Imperial PR spin press release.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    MercenaryAce and Ghost like this.
  24. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Wouldn't that fit more to Palps son and wife instead of lonely Rey?

Palpatines son must have had one hell of a childhood...
    Did the Rebellion ever kidnap him Tie-Fighter style and Palpatine had to free him?
    Is he Forcesensitive or maybe trained even and used that to hide his family?
    Did he even know / had he been raised by Palpatine or by his mother elsewhere?
    Did the son try a coup or does he have ties to the conspiracies that tried one?

Agewise Palpatines son could even be the nu canon analogue to Starkiller in Legends.. introduced to Vader by another name and trained yet defecting to the Rebellion with his wife? Another yet unknown Rebellion co-founder if the TFU plan is resurrected into canon? That would make the Rebel-Imperial conflict a Palpatine vs. Palpatine war of epic grandeur!

@Sinrebirth get in here and OneCanon this!

25. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005