main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Sandman didn’t die at the end of Spider-Man 3, so Stephen Strange can take a long walk off a short bridge with that nonsense.

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Man i'm so hyped for this film. Dafoe given good up to date dialogue literal chills

Yep Tom Holland best Spiderman

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Possible Answer: Variant ....They aren't even the one's we saw from the movie they are just Variants of the characters.

4. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Satanic black magic, that’s what it is.

5. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    That's fair. I did say it all depends in the end on our personal taste and what we imagined for these character already. Which is fine, there are plenty of fics out there that are very good but I won't spend time with them since I disagree with some of the story or character choices. I'm just happy they are even out there for us to able to decide if it's what we want or not.

Tenel Ka is only in the first book for the Sword trilogy and then makes a few cameos in A Shadowed Peace and Empire of Light. She goes with Jaina, Allana, Zekk and Taryn to Yavin IV. Mostly because Luke asked Jaina to check for something there and Allana wanted to go and see the place where her mother trained as a Jedi. Tenel Ka loses the throne of Hapes a few years before A Shadowed Peace in a coup led by one of the Hapan nobels who has had enough of Jedi medling in their society. After that she also goes to Zonama Sekot and leaves leadership of the Hapan Exiles to Allana. Who becomes a Senator, then the leader of the GA and then finally retakes Hapes but abdicates in favor of creating a democratic government - Sith medling saw most of the Hapan nobility crushed.

Tahiri starts the Sword trilogy teamed up with Ben, joins the expedition to Zonama Sekot and by the end she decides to remain there, as she finds herself more at peace there. Plus she feels comfortable among the Yuuzhan Vong. She then also has a few cameos in the next trilogy, teaching Jedi on Zonama Sekot.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    ColeFardreamer likes this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

Thx, it was kinda inevitable that something happened at Hapes though I'd have liked another outcome afterwards and more usage of Tenel Ka and Allana instead of what feels here like sidelining them. Though they got their happy end kinda, it feels incomplete.

But I have to admit, this fic author probably does connect to Legacy comics better and pass the torch than I might have with my headcanon maybe. Something I should consider in future versions I write up.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Dream-Thinker and Ramza like this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So He-Man Revlations Part 2 came out and it was really good

Also

Part 3 perhaps

Since....

HORDAK REVEAL!

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Fun Facts

Also interesting fun facts

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  10. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I loved Ghostbusters Afterlife.

34 years ago, I made a Ghostbusters fanfilm with my dad, brother, aunts, uncles cousins and friends starring 4 little kids busting a ghost in rural Indiana.... and now I'm watching a canon Ghostbusters film about 4 kids busting ghosts on rural Oklahoma. That's wild.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's that mythical creative synergy

Dawud786 likes this.
  12. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    could they have seen it somewhere?

13. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Definitely not. The only copies were with friends and family that participated.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For UK posters, Black Friday offers going:

Wordery - Buy 3 books, get 15% off with FRIDAY15

SpeedyHen - 10% off with BLACKFRIDAY21

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So i was talking about this earlier regarding the never used Stormtrooper uprising but like.

Ever notice how like Casual killing of goons is a thing in a lot of sci-fi fantasy drama's where the hero is all about keeping the moral high ground and never killing the villain but then will kill like twenty henchman.

It be the equivalent of Adora never wanting to kill Catra because of their history only to then just casually behead twenty Horde Soldiers in the middle of a fight.
    (So essentially the DC comic version of She-Ra)

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Saga fans rejoice! I'm a little late but I just found out it's finally coming back from hiatus, three and a half years later. BKV better have some amazing plots up his sleeves. :p

Ramza and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    <controversial curmudgeonly opinion>I realize schedules for independent comics are complicated owing to the need to do other projects, and I don’t want people working themselves to the point of madness, but there is seriously nothing that kills my momentum on a story more than these ultra-long hiatuses. I think Saga and Berserk are literally the only two comics where I've put up with this, and look how well the latter turned out. [face_sigh]</controversial curmudgeonly opinion>

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Vthuil likes this.
  18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    There’s a maelstrom of emotions that always comes whenever I think of Berserk not getting an ending.

19. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    I saw Encanto in theater with the family this weekend while I was over there for Thanksgiving. I think it was the first time we all saw a film in theaters since... I can't remember when.

And it was very enjoyable. The themes and messages were on point, the cast was fun, the visuals were great (especially during the musical numbers), and the pathos was strong. The short film that accompanied Encanto was also a mix of adorable, tear-jerking, and heartwarming with excellent animation as well. I honestly wasn't paying too much attention to Encanto before this weekend, but I can easily recommend it.

Barriss_Coffee and Dream-Thinker like this.
  20. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Hey, I'm curious. What are people's thoughts on the Star Wars movie novelizations if they've read them? Personally, I love movie novelizations since I think they present a really interesting opportunity to expand on the material in ways that a film can't.

21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    The Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith and The Last Jedi novelisations are really good. The rest don’t really do much for me.

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

For me the Revenge of the Sith and Rise of Skywalker Novelizations are my favorite although for different reasons.

Revenge of the Sith since it completely tells a different story from the film.

Rise of Skywalker since it tells the story from the film in just a better way.

What's Phantom Menace Novelization like? Especially compared to the movie?

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Very similar to the movie if I remember right, but it ad some lore things, like really explaning the rule of two and it was Darth Bane that created it.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah they go into the Sith stuff quite a bit more. I think it was the first time Bane was mentioned, and they dealt with the Millenia old feud between Jedi and Sith. It added a lot more context to everything, which at the time was really neat for early teenage me.

Plus the depiction of Maul in that novel was really creepy and effective.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  25. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    ok what are the best movie novelisations outside of Star Wars? And I do not mean novels turned into movies... but novelisations made after the movie, for the movie.

Some other franchises got interesting ones that expand the movie a lot like SW ones. Star Trek got some, Terminator, Alien certainly expands a lot, then there is Riddick, etc. Even E.T. got interesting novelisations.

So... do tell!