main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    For pre-Zahn non-imperial military (but still military) and Darksider working together, we have Lumiya and the Nagai (and later, Tofs). Though they had imperial remnants working with them too - we just didn't get to see who the military leader of those remnants was.

Even the Ewoks movies had the Sanyassan warlord Terak & his goons, working with the Witch Charal.

Vader as the "evil wizard" working alongside a military (the Empire) in ANH is a good prototype in the Star Wars context though.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Ghost, Nom von Anor and Gamiel like this.
  2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    On an unrelated note, does anyone else ever go randomly browsing through their "likes" to see what things they were interested in the past?

Because I was doing that today and found this in the General Questions thread, which I am prepared to declare the greatest thing ever:

(language warning i guess)

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Sometime.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's always funny when I get a like now on a post from near a decade ago.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  5. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I especially love that San Hill seems to actually like it.

6. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Learning that Ubbla Mollbro is with child (er...children) makes the scene where she is nearly trampled by fathiers really not at all funny.

Dawud786 and JediBatman like this.
  7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, the conflict between fathiers and children is a pretty crucial part of Star Wars history.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's one of the best game trailers I've seen in a while as it shows what changes they've made.

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Lego is gonna be helping the brand in many ways i feel.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I've been working my way through a set of the older Lego games - 2013-2018 - and the perspective and targeting can be really bad in them. In the new trailer both of those have been changed massively.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean i think the Lego stuff is gonna be giving more polarizing elements of Star Wars good will.

Like IDK if it is working but the Lego Holiday Specials set Post TROS certainly make me want more "Mainstream" Post TROS content.

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's going to be intetesting to see how it plays out as the old Lego SW games were in the silent mode. In contrast, this'll have voice acting.

Similarly full 3D versus fixed perspectives.

14. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Lego Star Wars TFA actually had full voice acting from virtually the entire cast of the film. While in some cases (like Max Von Sydow) lines were simply taken from the movie most of the principal cast (including Harrison and Carrie) recorded new material just for the game. I have long wished I could have been a fly on the wall during those recording sessions, as Han and Leia are playable characters and thus along with their dialogue required all the requisite grunts, noises, "oof!", that sort of thing. Watching Harrison and Carrie in the booth doing multiple takes of random noises would be gold.

Here's hoping the game finally fixes some of the wonky controls, weird perspectives, etc. of previous Lego games. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard after all these years and who knows how many games, but for some reason the Lego games really have yet to get it right.

Vthuil likes this.
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Indeed. In fact, what I really remember being impressed by were the various bonus missions in that game, which fleshed out little bits of background story for the movie - like how Han captured the rathtars or how Poe escaped Jakku - and it was a treat hearing the original voice actors doing these side adventures alongside new characters, almost sounding like they were deleted scenes from the films. If Max's lines were just taken from the films, then whoever did the Max Von Sydow in the Lor San Tekka level was really impressive impersonation of him, and I loved Lor's dynamic with Athgar Heece.

I wonder if these bonus levels will be in this new game, and if we will get more like them.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Watch the new video guys, it's a very effective showcase of how different this Lego game will be.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

G-G-GODZILLAAAAAAAA!

JediBatman and Dawud786 like this.
  18. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    If this is true, then I totally get why the Ithorians are the ecology species of the GFFA

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JediBatman and MercenaryAce like this.
  19. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Getting back to the new Lego game for a moment, what impresses me is that apparently there's an option to turn off the dialogue and have the characters mumble the way they did in the classic Lego Star Wars games.

20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I saw it. Pretty impressive gameplaywise, I am impressed with how they made all this different gameplay styles all feel pretty intuitive yet in depth. I haven't really played lego star wars in a very long time, but I am interested in this.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    There's great stuff in all those bonus levels, but in terms of TFA backstory the gem of the bunch is the "Ottegan Assault" level, in which we learn where the map to Luke Skywalker came from, how it came to be in the hands of Lor San Tekka, and how Kylo Ren learned San Tekka was on Jakku. And it's all tied to a tiny, almost random nugget of lore that shows up in the TFA VD. Pretty cool stuff from a continuity perspective. (Most new canon Lego Star Wars stuff, like the Freemaker Adventures, seems to be grounded in actual lore while adapting the events themselves for the Lego format, so I do assume there's some degree of canonicity to the Lego SW TFA "deleted scenes.")

I could be wrong about whether Von Sydow recorded new material for the game. I assumed he didn't as most articles just focus on the contributions of Daisy, Oscar, John, Harrison, Carrie, and Anthony, but I'd actually forgotten about that level where Lor San Tekka is a playable character. He may well have.

The new game does look impressive and I'm looking forward to it. Other than Hunters, it's actually the only SW game we're going to get in 2022, right? I can't think of any others off hand that have been confirmed. Fallen Order 2 is not likely to release this year, and Eclipse definitely won't.

Jedi Ben and MercenaryAce like this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The rumour mill is saying we will get FO2 within the year, but nothing has been confirmed.

Did like TPF bringing up the wonky perspectives of the older Lego games, combined with dodgy targeting and dumb companion AI, it does have quite an impact.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    The Positive Fan likes this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I hope this is true only because these Lego Holiday Special have been some of my favorite content...Double Points if it's Sequel Trilogy related again

24. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh yeah, "Ottegan Assault" was great. I particularly loved the design of the Ottegan vehicles and buildings. Actually, lego TFA had a lot of cool original designs I would love to see in non-lego format - the takodonna skipper or guavian marauder for example.
    Plus, it is just fun to play the bad guys sometimes.

And yeah, like the Freemaker stories, I treat those bonus levels as canon adjacent - something similar to if slightly less silly happened to all of them. Helps that at least the story about C-3p0 getting the red arm happened in a comic as well, to the point I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where the other levels originated from.

The only games I am aware of at any rate - unless there is a surprise release, like how star wars squadrons was revealed like a month before its release.

...I really want a star wars squadrons 2, and for it to have some of the other factions mentioned in the Aftermath and Alphabet squadron novels

Same here. I hope Finn gets to be the center of the next one. Or if not him, Rose.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    The Positive Fan likes this.
  25. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Hey folks,

I'm back and doing my usual things like releasing a new book (a Star Trek Parody rather than Star Wars called Space Academy Dropouts) and trying to survive a couple of real pears of a year.

How is everything back here at the forums?

Barriss_Coffee, Gamiel and JediBatman like this.