main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    So this was my favorite episode yet.

Rosario Dawson wanted this and has to be pleased. Everything Ahsoka does is spot on cool. I have a quibble with non-Force users being able to stand up to Force users in fights, though I wonder if a clue is given when she says not to underestimate the Magistrate, which is a line Yoda uses in warning about the Emperor, that she is indeed Force sensitive.

I liked Michael Biehn's role, lines, good work there.

I have to say they do something really cool visually with Mando, the shoulder pads plus the way the cape drapes, and here we have the gun draw waiting to happen.

I was not a Thrawn fa, and not a fan of Zahn's books at all, but I always would have liked a live action Thrawn appearance and here now we may have it.

Darth Punk likes this.
  2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I don't know if it's my computer's problem, but the initial scene is too dark. I can barely tell what's going on.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    It was dark, but not to the point I couldn’t see what was going on.

On a positive note, at least you know what to ask Santa for now

TCF-1138 and 3sm1r like this.
  4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You know, I used to balk at the different levels of canon in Star Wars but guess what, now I balk at there not being different levels of canon.
    Suddenly this show is at the level of the cartoon. Nice work Filoni.

Sarge likes this.
  5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    How many Watto’s do you give this episode?

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    THERE IS NO CLONE WAR IN THE TIMELINE. Half the stories in the conflict have been explicitly removed from canon. That story group is a goddamn ghost town.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It's not just the episode. It's not just the show. Star Wars will always revert to being bad.

8. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Filoni is incapable of writing scripts, and I have no idea why they insist in trying.
    Gosh, every single time I feel that the dialogues are clumsy, it always ends up being Filoni.
    Also, they f-ed up the lighting in the whole episode, not just the first scene.

That said, Rosario Dawson works very well for me.

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I felt that this was a great episode in itself, but I definitely don't like the implications for the rest of universe. I mean why is Ahsoka out on a side quest instead of actually helping to rebuild the republic? If we are goint to connect so many things from the cartoons, soon it will feel very strange if they aren't going to connect anything to the main characters in the films.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  10. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Before I saw this episode I didn't really even know
    how little interest I had in seeing a live action Ahsoka Tano.
    Now I know. Thank you Star Wars. For those with enough patience, all questions will eventually be answered.

11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Looking for Thrawn. Doesn't really seem like a side quest or not directly related to rebuilding the Republic.

But agreed it will be very strange if there isn't eventually a Luke / Leia crossover with Ahsoka in a comic / novel / show.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Same reason that Jedi went into hiding instead of helping the Rebellion fight the Empire.

Because it was required for the story

nilzo antonio likes this.
  13. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    SHES NOT IN HIDING SHES LOOKING FOR THRAWN

Lord Vivec and 3sm1r like this.
  14. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    The prisoners were so generic. Two random dudes, who got zero lines of dialogue. Here's your McGuffin, take it or leave it.
    Are the creators allergic to story telling ?

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, they didn't. Adjust your TV screen.

Darth Guy, Ghost and Bacon164 like this.
  16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    You were saying the same for Solo.

EDIT = but if you want we can play the same game as before, in which you tell me that you have no issue with images like this one.

[​IMG]

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Full disclosure: I am a professional cinematographer and colorist. It's part of my job to be able to calibrate a screen.

But I have no problem with that image, even on my phone, and I don't care enough to change any settings on that. And it's a cheap phone.
    So yeah, it's your screen. ;)

Ghost and Bacon164 like this.
  18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    You could be Lubezki for what I care, if I find it too dark no matter what device I'm using, there is no level of expertise that is going to change my mind.

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Sure, but when it's just you, the problem probably isn't that they "****ed up".

20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    It's not just me, they mentioned the issue in the appropriate thread without the need of me pointing it out, exactly as they did with Solo.

But ok, I won't say they ****-ed up, but rather that I hate their stylistic choice, which doesn't really change the substance of my critique.

21. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Well, that amazing artwork known as the Sequel Trilogy stabilished the NR as a big time failure that got crushed by the First(or Final ?) Order. The capital planet got blown away, Luke never created a New Jedi Order, Han and Leia splited.
    So Ahsoka being lost in some stupid mission makes all the sense according LucasFilm.

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Because...
    [​IMG]

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  23. Bob Saget from the 90's

Bob Saget from the 90's Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2018
    I was as an easy mark for that episode being a huge fan of TCW, but still I was impressed how well they managed to translate Ahsoka to the screen.

Probably my favorite episode of the series thus far.

And I have to say this one episode had more interesting and better staged lightsaber play than the whole of the sequel trilogy combined.

Obviously they equipped Mando with a weapon to aid him combatting Kidd Gideon.

Dug the whole damn thing.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Remember this show's background is 90% LED screens.
    It's not exactly filmed on location or on a fully built set, where lighting can be rigged up to fill a big space, a lot of it is probably artificial lighting from the images on the screens.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ashoka? Meh. The plot thins.

SuperWatto likes this.