main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Madam Secretary (CBS/Netflix)

Discussion in 'Community' started by 3sm1r, Jun 7, 2020.

1. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I wasn't sure about making this thread since we have already a lot of Senate threads and they tend to be seen with a bit of suspect, but I found this content quite interesting and I was curious about people's opinion on this show.

While I always enjoy a good political show, I have to admit that it really looks like they have gone heavy on the liberal propaganda here.

It's pretty obvious that her character was strongly inspired by Hillary, both in the way she looks and in many ideas of hers.
    There have been few moments that I found almost shocking in the first season so far.

1) There is an episode that is inspired by Snowden, and they go all in against him. Like, really, unapologetically. They don't even contemplate that people like him might have had any good reason to do what they did, and in the show the Snowden-like character appears to be only motivated by hate for his country. The Glenn Greenwald-like character is also depicted pretty much as a snake.

2) The secretary is shown to be kind of Okay with torture, and when her leftist daughter goes after her for that, she just condescendingly claims that the daughter doesn't understand that "thngs are more complicated than what they look" or something on that line.

3) In one of the first episodes, the secretary does not hesitate in using a private militia, very similar to the one used during the DAPL protests, to get rid of some protesters that were condemning US involvement in the war in Yemen in front of the American embassy there.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    This was actually a CBS show that ran six seasons.

3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yes, sorry, I called it "Netflix tv show" 'cause it is on Netflix right now. All the 6 seasons.