main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Maddy McCann] Parents suspects. Is anyone surprised?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Mustafar_66, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I've been following this story since it began and to say the media circus surrounding it has been a farce is being too kind. Now it turns out that the parents are considered suspects and there are apparent traces of Maddy's bloody in the hire car they got after she went missing. If this is true, the media backlash will be immeasurable. I've felt something odd about that family since the story broke. Who leaves their 3 under fives alone in a forign resort while you go out for bloody tapas? Further, why just Maddy? If there were three kids there, why not take the lot? Something for me's never added up and while I sincerely hope it wasn't them, IO can't shrug off this nagging suspicion over an entirely neglectful set of parents. If they turn out to be innocent, which I suspect the will, surely they should be done in some way for neglect?

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    No surprises in the halibut household.

3. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    And as sad as it is, same with 'Shay... Something just seemed wrong with the whole case from the word go.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've seen too many of these cases here with missing kids where one or both parents gets on all the TV news shows 'tearfully' imploring people to help. The next thing you know they are arresting the parents or someone in the family for murder. I was suspicious of these two around the time they started gallivanting around Europe.

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    There definitely was something fishy about their little publicity stunts.

Plus the whole religious aspect made me suspicious too.

6. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    It wasn't so much the gallavanting around the globe or even going to Vatican City, it's just illogical for the most like type of person to snatch a four year old kid (a paedophile) and not get the other ones as well. Furthermore, I'm suspicious of any family who'll leave their children alone in a foreign country.

7. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    Tbh, the thing that really got me was that there was so much publicity around it and yet so little progress. I know that everyone was blaming the local police, but surely something would have turned up long before now if she had been kidnapped?

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, if it was a kidnapping surely there should have been either a) a ransom demand b) a sighting or c) a body by now. The police investigating this don't sound like the sharpest tacks in the box but they should have found something in 100+ days of investigation.

9. elbertino

elbertino Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2006

i know zippo about the case. dont really follow it at all. BUT...surely its logical for the guilty party (if it is an outsider) to take the eldest? the others cant speak/explain/remember.

if you took the youngest maddy would just say 'yeah it was a guy this big with this colour hair'

10. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Well, if you were a paedo and were gonna get yourself some young'uns or if you were gonna sell them to some paedophilia ring it would surely make more sense to have more?

11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    There's nothing logical about snatching a child, so trying to explain why they'd take one and not the others isn't worth debating really.....

============================

I don't know what I feel is better - that their child actually was snatched, or that they killed her then made the story up. Both are equally as terrible for different reasons. I hope we get an end to the story, so we're not left wondering if this little girl is somewhere still alive or not.......

12. elbertino

Jun 2, 2006
    its harder to nick (i dont know how many children there are) more than 1 child. the oldest (i dont know how old she is..3/4?) would be the most 'wanted'

13. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

I suppose. It just seemed odd to me.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I doubt she's still still alive either way.
    If she was taken by someone else, likelyhood is they disposed of her once the huge media circus began and all the police around the country knew about it.

15. elbertino

Jun 2, 2006
    sorry i didnt mean to beef. yes i agree, somethings up here

16. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
  17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Spot on =D=

If she does turn up dead and it's not the parents, then the media are equally responsible. They should have shut up and let the police get on with it. By drawing so much attention to it, the kidnapper had little choice left but to kill her and get rid of the body

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Plus them highlighting the flaws in the police investigation hardly helped.

19. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Something doesn't seem right with the investigation, I don't think the media have helped either, but that is a bit of a double edged sword. On one hand, increasing the public awareness of this case also increases the chance of someone recognizing her if she was kidnapped. On the other, sadly as someone said, it's likely to make the kidnapper panic. Either way I don't think this has been handled too well, and the case being turned on the parents is hardly surprising considering the evidence.

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    This has been debated by my mam and nana pretty much since the news first broke. I feel bad for them, losing a child isnt gonna be easy, but I agree that something about the McCann's seems fishy, I'm not suprised that they have been called in for questioning etc, Some of the theorys i've heard are, that it was an accident, and the mother panicked. But then again, both parents are Doctors, surely they would have known what too do in that sort of situation? but then again it might have happened out of there sight, shock and stuff can make you forget or not be able to think etc, Also, The whole sedation thing - Maybe the parents gave there children sedatives to keep them asleep while they ate out at the restaurant, and Maddie had a fatal reaction to it or something along those lines.

Obviously there has been tons more speculation, but this whole thing doesnt feel right, and as much as I want that little girl to be alive, I very very much doubt it now. If she was abducted, then the abducter would probably have killed her when the details about her "distinctive eye" was published because she would be too recognisable, even if her hair was changed etc. I just have this sneaking feeling that no-one will ever know the full truth of what did actually happen to Madeline.

21. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Well in defence of the McCann's, if a single person were to break into a hotel room, it would be almost impossible to take more than one child safely and avoid detection.

From the kindnappers point of view you would need to make sure that the children did not scream or cry, something that would almost certainly happen if you woke up all 3 of them.

Also, there is a strong theory that the child was stolen to order for sale to a childless white family, so obviously, the youngest would be the most desireable beacuse they would forget their original family the quickest.

So all the argument and questions about "why not take the oldest", or "why not take all 3 children" can be expalined fairly simply.

Sadly, afther this amount of time, it is highly likely that the case will never be solved.

As tragic as it may be to say, the best we and the McCann's can hope for is that she was sold to a loving, caring family and is safe and sound somewhere on the other side of the world.

22. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    my wife has commented on the fact that the mother has always appeared very composed and self-assured on television during the coverage of this...
    if her child had been abducted,she says she would barely be able to string a sentence together,through grief and anxiety,let alone court the media the way the parents do.
    time will tell,

23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Welshie, she wasn't the youngest which goes against your theory of which child to take.

JR, for the first few weeks, she couldn't get a sentence together which is why her husband did all of the talking at first. Or he might have been covering for her, we don't know.

24. CARBONITEKID

CARBONITEKID Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    OK , pet theory time.

Both Parents are DR's right?
    So they are on holiday, want an evening out but want to make sure that the kids stay put. Maybe use a light sedative to help things along?
    So the kid in question rouses just enough during their abscence to stumble /tumble out off bed, knocks her head which combind with the sedative proves fatal. ( perhaps explaining the blood found in her room? ).
    The Mother(?) (unsure which parent it was that checked and discoverd child " missing" ) discovers what has happened upon checking kids and panics, knowing that the sedative will have been a major contributing factor.
    At this point the body is relocated ( considering the ineptitude shown by the local police force so far it could have been to the flat next door!! )and the room is cleaned to removevisible blood traces.
    Disappearance is now reported.
    The media circus starts the next day. ( anyone else notice how for the first few days the media was very much in two minds about the case and the MacCanns in particular, then all of a sudden on exactly the same day all the uk's press and media are 100% behind them? Smacked of a PR agency getting involved to me. But I digress).
    20-25 days later , after doing the doting parent bit and globe trotting to further their cause / protest their lack of stupidity for leaving their very young kids unattended in a foreign country, they hire a car to move the body to a different location . This could explain the traces of blood reported to have been found by a police sniffer dog in the hire car.
    Blood traces discovered in room but no info given as to whether victims or not, perhaps to prevent info on what was found in blood or to prevent them from "finding" an explanation to use in the evnt of further questioning.

As I said, this is just a theory and I hope with all my heart that Im proven wrong, the parents are innocent of everything except extreme stupidity and that Maddie turns up safe and well.

25. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Wow, talk about been condemned. One media story and you lot might as well have the nooses ready.

But shouldn't surprise me really, the media have controlled this case, getting everyone worked up and going crazy with the posters and emails, even when most of these people don't care what is happening in the world, never mind the other kids that go missing and all those who live in poverty on their own door steps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.