main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Make mine DC

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Mastadge, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Welcome to the DC Universe, Mastadge. Like some others, I read Marvel back in the early 1990s. I am primarily and solely DC now because I just think it's better. All of the "crisis" storylines are basically good. The first crisis was in 1987 which changed basically the entire DC universe that had existed for 40 years previously. Anything from DC universe from 1989-1990 is excellent (one of the best years for Superman and DC in my opinion). Anything from the past 2 years is worth reading; just got through Blackest Night. Now it's Brightest Day. The New World of Krypton with all the Kandorians was very good too before Brainiac snagged back up Kandor. And if you haven't read them already, the Death of Superman and the Reign of Superman graphic novels are worth reading to help make sense of the DC characters out there now (like Conner Kent aka Kon-El). Leob's Batman/Superman public enemies graphic novel is also very good and made into an animated movie (the comic book is better). Booster Gold is another really good title. I'm currently reading through the latest Adventure comics title with Conner Kent aka Kon-El (Superman's clone) who had his own Superboy title for awhile. Enjoy. I'll be visiting this thread...make mine DC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.