main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Make This Board the Official SN SWToR Meeting Place!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, May 18, 2011.

1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    So the topic kinda says it all. I am so excited about this game and I have watched all the videos and am listening to all kinds of podcasts. I want to play so bad. Let's keep talking about this game!

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm probably not gonna be able to afford this game at launch, but it's the next MMO I'll play, and I love you guys, so consider me back! Yes, MoronDude's triumphant return!

3. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I am having a hard time concentrating on anything else these days. I remember when I felt this way about Galaxies and I remember how heart broken that game made me after a couple of months. I really hope this new game does not crush my spirit as well.

4. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Welcome back MoronDude.

Gerson my roommate and I as well as some of the people who used to post here regularly have started a guild on the TOR website. I will update with the name once I remember it. We also have a website up we plan to use for a guild site once the game goes live. That is onlytheforce.com

5. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I as well will be playing this game. Oh yes, I will.

6. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I started a guild called Wholly Sith which is a PvE guild that is obviously Sith based. I will be playing a Sith Warrior and advancing to the Sith Marauder class. Gerson will be his name and I read that they will have the ability for some to get the Darth title, which is going to be my entire focus while playing.

7. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I am with you on that. I think our guild is currently listed as PVP. It is called Twin Suns. :)

8. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    This video makes me cry tears of sheer joy. I have watched it at least a dozen times. I can see a lot of similarities to WoW, which actually makes me happy.

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    That video was amazing!

10. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    I am kind of burned out on MMOs overall, but if anyone plays Minecraft, we should get a server going. that game is crack.

11. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    so Gerson what Podcast do you recommend for TOR???

12. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Hello, glad to see such activity all of a sudden. I have played the game a couple of times now and can't wait for the release. I am hoping a trip to PAX in Seattle won't be necessary because we will have a launch date by then or be playing already, but who knows.

Celebration V was what got me started on my travels for the game. I knew about long before, but meeting the writers and developers at CV was enough to get me going. I went to PAX Seattle last year where I got play and then went to PAX East in Boston for more game time.

I started a local Vegas site - not guild affiliated just a site for SWTOR Vegas gamers no matter which side you play - PvP or PvE etc... we had our first meetup a few weeks back and hoping to get another one after E3. http://swtor-lasvegas.grouply.com/ Been having fun with it, gave out some posters and t-shirts that I have picked up at various conventions and hoping to have more down the road.

As far as guilds I am with http://www.hammerfistclan.com/ - Sith PvE guild.

At the very least I am hoping we can all get on the same server so that we have local people to play with online again.

13. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    I listen to Darth Hater mostly, but they have so many out there I don't have time to listen to it all. Darth Hater has pretty good connections with the developers and always get preferred treatment at the events I attended. (don't care for that, but I guess they have a fairly large following)

14. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I listen to Darth Hater because he seems to have a lot of info, but I find his style very boring. I also enjoy TORSyndicate and TORocast.

15. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Ill check them out

16. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    For those interested... I scheduled a meetup for June 11th at 4pm at BJ's Brewhouse in Summerlin. Hope some of you can make it out!

17. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Sure most of you read this already....

EA "Origin" Service to be revealed tomorrow - Download SWTOR

Hey everyone ? well, apparently once again the online world trumps newsprint, as a story that was supposed to pop tomorrow popped up tonight! Let me give you a couple of notes on Origin.

First off: Origin is a fantastic new digital initiative from EA, and we're pleased to confirm that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be available exclusively for digital download from Origin.

However, even though you'll only be able to buy and download The Old Republic digitally via Origin, you will still be able to buy a retail, boxed copy of the game from your favorite retailer (and that includes online retailers who?ll ship the box to you). BioWare and EA know the value many gamers place on a cool boxed product... and we?re producing a cool boxed product. (Or maybe I should say 'boxed products'. )

Second: it's easy to hear an announcement like this and assume it means that we're about to drop another bombshell or two, especially with E3 around the corner. The reality is, this sort of pre-show announcement is pretty standard PR work, so that the story can 'breathe' a bit before E3 news obliterates everything else.

While I will say we have some super-cool stuff coming out of E3 ? some of which you?re actually going to see before E3 starts ? I don't want you to jump to conclusions just yet. Instead I'd suggest you just strap in and enjoy the ride. We know every single one of you wants to know when The Old Republic is going to launch, and I assure you, when we are ready to give you a date we'll broadcast it loud and clear.

As I'm sure you know, we?re 100% committed to making Star Wars: The Old Republic the best quality game (and service) it can be, as you'd expect from a BioWare MMORPG set in the Star Wars universe.

I've said before that an announcement as big as release date will be so big, it'll come thundering towards us and we'll all hear it long before it arrives. That train's coming... but so far, I'd just say we've laid down some early track.

You have questions, no doubt, and all of them will be answered in time. For now, sit back and enjoy E3 next week.

18. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Well I can't wait for the news from E3... hopefully some of you make it out for our get together next Saturday afternoon.

http://swtor-lasvegas.grouply.com/

19. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I will see if I can make it out.

20. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Sounds good... hope to see you there. We should have a decent turn-out across the few forums I post on of 10-12 people so hopefully a good time.

21. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Well our last meet was pretty good... getting our numbers up. I hope to be heading to San Diego to cover anything that comes out of Comic-Con. They say they are working for plans outside the convention center so I figure it will be worth the drive.

We are discussing our next time, place and date of our next meet-up. Feel free to stop in and help us plan.

22. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Guessing you all are still out there.... somewhere. Anyhow, heading to Comic Con next Friday and can't wait. Anyone else heading down for some game time?

23. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Fun pop-up pre-order day.... got mine. Did you get yours?

24. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Next meet on Thursday... come on out. California Pizza Kitchen @ Town Square - 8PM

25. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Just a quick reminder that our online chat is tomorrow night so join us so we can help plan our next meet!

http://swtor-lasvegas.grouply.com/