main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks Make-Up and Prosthetics for Cosplay

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Lady_Belligerent , Dec 6, 2022.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I think it’s time for a new thread that covers make up and prosthetics. I’ve used Ben Nye since a friend recommended it years ago, but when I’ve done stage makeup I always go back to MAC since it’s easy to find and they have such a great color selection. What have you had success using?

I’ve been meaning to pick up a blue that could work for Chiss and see if I can mix my own foundation.

Dandelo likes this.
  2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Hi!

I have used both, but in my case, Ben Nye is easier to get for me. Depending on what im doing, ive also had great luck using regualr makeup for certain looks.

Ive dressed as a Klingon, so Ive done forehead pieces for that... A cat, Lt. Mress from Star trek, and a few other folks.

It really depends on how much you are going to cover, and how well you want it to say on. Some of the alcohol based make-ups are great for that. Just started learning how to air-brush some designs and such.. But I do like making my own prosthetics when I can.

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    @Ktala have you tried Ben Nye body paint? Also, their brushes? I’ve not bought any, but I have a lot of MAC and Trish McEvoy, I just wondered how they compare.

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I have tried the Ben Nye bodypaint. But im trying to get some more info on using airbrusing.

Lady_Belligerent likes this.