main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Making a Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Master_Qel_Droma, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    I think/hope there are
    I'm going to buy some on sunday (heres hoping)

2. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    *Hugs his Muse ticket*

I made a lightsabre hilt out of stuff from my grandfather's work shed once, it's cool, I'll have to dig it out :)

3. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    yo i think i have found a good site for makeing ligthsabers

4. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    yo check this site out on how to build a ligthsaber http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/index.htm

5. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    A little off topic, but what the hey.

Merry Christmas to all Welsh posters, where-ever you may be.

God bless us, everyone.

PS. Forgot Phantom Menace was on ITV today (do'h). Did manage to catch the big lightsaber fight at the end though, so I caught the best part of the movie.

All I need to do now is watch Titanic when the ship sinks and i'll be set.

6. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    I managed to stumble home from work (Damn work) at about the time where that classic "gungans coming through mist" shot is, and watched it henceforth.

I can't see why people "diss" TPM so much. It really isn't that bad.

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I always think that when-ever I watch it too. I guess that people get brain washed into beleiving whatever those sad talentless journo types (You know who you are, god how I hate SFX) want us to think.

My fave moment of outright stupidity this year came from Empire magazine. In April they devoted 47 pages (thier own choice by the way) to Matrix Reloaded. In May they complained and bitched that Matrix Reloaded was over hyped.

I mean WHAY THE HELL!!!!

47 pages?? Then they complain that it's overhyped? The thing with mags like this nowadays is that they love to build movies up and then knock them down. Both Phantom Menace and Reloaded got 5 stars when they first came out, but a short while later and they're the worst movies ever shown in a cinema.

They hacks should sort themselves out and stop being so two faced.

Angry now.......

8. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Empire try too hard to keep up with the times, regardless of how it changes their opinion.

47 Pages eh? that much have been the whole magazine, if you add the other 100 pages full of adverts in that thing....

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I tend to try and stay away from reading any movie magazines. Movies are probably my fave past-time/hobby, so why would I want to shell out £3-£5 every month so I can listen to some failed journo/movie school drop out bitch about how bad the movies that I love are?

I mean you don't buy a magazine on your fave subject to be told that its a load of rubbish. Its about time that these people figured out that people who buy these magazines actually like movies and do not want to have another persons opinion shoved down they throats. We just want the facts, stories and information relating to the movies. Do we really care what "Dave the sub-editor" thinks about Donnie Darko or Return of the King? Of course not, one mans opinion means nothing, his taste could be completly different to ours.

What makes it even worse is that they will often do several reviews of the same movie over a space of a few months and give it totally different ratings. In June it will have 5 stars, but come November it will be down to 2 stars.

Aghhhhhh!!!

Ok, change the subject. Lets not give any more of our time to the sad hacks who sit around all day watching their Dr Who DVD's.

10. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I'm going to bring some life back into this thread with a small update on how my 3 lightsabers are going. Well they havent even been started yet but I have made a few tests and heres my latest result. :D

11. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Holy Christwagons! how did you manage to make that? It looks great!

12. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    It was a solid alliminuim bar which I turned up on the lathe, it was about 20 mm but I turned it down so only parts of it ate 20 mm now. I think it turned out ok for my first try but hopefully I will be able to do some better designs on the real 3.

13. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Ah well heres my half/finnished full version of my first lightsaber. Phewph thats a mouthfull.

14. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    The best thing for a generic lightsaber hilt is the pipe that holds the sadle on a bike, that's what I used for mine anyway.
    Another useful thing is the flexible part of the pipe from a portable petrol can - for the hand grip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.