main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Making a realisitc light-emitting sun

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by wildcat69410, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildcat69410

wildcat69410 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    I am making an animation involving a ship arriving and landing in coruscant just around sunset. The final part of my animation involves it landing on-top of a building in the middle of the city in front of a stunning view of all of coruscant in the setting sun. I have all of the buildings set up, but I need to know how to make such a large light emitting sun. I want to be able to make something similar to the sun in Son of the Suns frame capture in the Star Wars Images section of this site. This could sound like a stupid question to most if not all of the 3d artists that post here continually, but it is really important in setting the scene. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and may the force be with you.

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    The sun's just a big glowing circle... you don't want to try to get it to actually emit any light, it's only there for looks. Your "sun" light may be in the same place, but they won't be the same thing. A bright orange disc placed in the background at the same angle your light is coming from will do the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.