main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I still don't see what you see. Yes, he is giving an explanation to Hayden in that particular scene and it may possibly not be that such direction was given through every scene in every film. I can find plenty of times I thought Portman, McGregor and Jackson were off and awkward. As I said, George has stated he was pleased with Hayden on more than one occasion. Is this going to turn into another "let's blame Hayden Christensen for everything wrong in the PT" pile on? This thread was for PRO PREQUEL articles and conversation or so I thought.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  2. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Subtitles exist in this world and they are very faithful to the dialogue in most languages. Sometimes the foreign language speakers study foreign to them languages as is the English, which is most popular language to study. Bad acting is perceived in many ways. Like in the first Harry Potter when the child actors act as they are reading from the auto queue (something that for example Jake Lloyd never demonstrated) and this can be seen by anyone who doesn't speak a word in English because acting is complex phenomenon, it includes face expressions, gestures and postures. In the prequel trilogy especially there are many scenes with expositions without dialogue that rely on this non- verbal part of the acting and it shows that actors handled it at least in such scenes they were outstanding. I like the dialogue style of PT but my point is that you shouldn't underestimate the foreign viewers: we know what is happening in the movies and who can act.
    The problem of loving more PT outside of USA is more like cultural and has nothing to do with linguistics (is interesting to check how is in England and India, for example, as they are obviously English speaking countries). PT describes the past of the Republic, it is its knight, romantic period if I can say so. The aristocratic, sophisticated era when the time is even slower (except the war parts of course) is something that this audience would like. I think almost none of the Pro-prequel articles explore this aspect which is a pity because it would explain a lot of things about who and why likes the movies. For me is still beyond understanding why so many viewers in USA complain that there is too much politics in PT: it is enough and in some points even not enough: is how the Clone wars and the Empire began, it should have more politics.

Sab Jo, Deliveranze, Valiowk and 2 others like this.
  3. Moonshield76

Moonshield76 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2020
    Well, if you like to look at black and say that it's white, then yes, you can.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Yes because God forbid I refuse to place blame for a film or trilogy on one actor. :rolleyes:

5. Sab Jo

Sab Jo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 2, 2013
    Ian McDiarmid calls episodic order the correct sequence

6. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Or even recorded his voice or go back add it in for an anniversary cut.

8. Sab Jo

Jul 2, 2013
    Speaking of which it was nice to hear him in tRoS

StartCenterEnd, KyleKartan and mes520 like this.
  9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  10. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I want to draw your attention to the many "First Watch" Videos on YT where people watch a movie for the first time. I've seen plenty videos of people watching the Prequels for the first time and geniunly enjoing and loving those movies. They are suprised, laugh, cry and have fun with the films. I recommend watching them, they show how the Prequels arnt viewed as bad movies by the masses but enjoyed and loved.

For example:
    Ep I: Its funny how Jake Lloyd is considered loveable, likeable and as a good actor when the haters made his life a living hell...
    Again Ep I: People are genunly in awe about the worlds, the effects, the pod race, the end battle.
    Ep II: The watchers get how Anakin and Padme fall for each other and suffer with Anakin over him loosing his mother
    Ep III: Is just a mind**** for many!

I love how people have fun with those movies. Watching them for first time was magical for me.

11. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    I recommend watching this guys reactions. He watching in the machete order and his reactions to some of the twists in the PT are just priceless. He really loves Anakin in all the movies and when he realizes who Anakin is...its mind**** for him.

Deliveranze and Sab Jo like this.
  12. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    When he was watching AOTC and he said, "I think I like Anakin more than Luke," I was surprised in a good way. That was really cool to hear.

13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I have been watching them first reactions for a few weeks now. and i have seen several tear up when episode 3. i have never teared up when watching it but it clear it does bring out the emotions for so many and thats quite an achievement for a film that was just as hated for years.

And many of these people also put episode 3 up as either their favourite or 2nd favourite movie.

Here are a few more.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Sab Jo, Deliveranze and KyleKartan like this.
  14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Natalie Portman talks about Star wars.

[​IMG]
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/natalie-portman-forging-fairy-tales-130143489.html

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  15. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    It is heartening to see so many pro prequel articles and seeing them getting the recognition they deserve. As a fan who followed SW since 77 i am grateful the prequels were made when they were otherwise I probably would not be here now, such as going to the cinema to see them and collecting the merchandise which has left me with such fond memories of them.

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Currently watching this nearly three hours long video on TPM, the prequels, and Lucas' saga as a whole:

So far it's been quite interesting an in-depth, looking into Lucas' early films and how they inform readings of the later SW movies, comparisons to Metropolis, deep dives into characters and aesthetic :)

17. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Thank you for posting that video @darkspine10, really some good points made in it.

Sab Jo and darkspine10 like this.
  18. Sab Jo

Jul 2, 2013
    Glitterstimm and Deliveranze like this.
  19. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I was just gonna say. Lmao.

Kanye also referenced SW in a few songs.

From his 2005 song, Gone:

"But if they ever flip sides like Anakin,
    You'll sell everything, including the mannequin"

1:14:50 mark

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  20. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I just saw this on my feed.

I always thought that Kanye West was crazy and he made a lot of non-sense.

But if someone like Kanye is even able to see that Lucas' saga and story in the PT and OT are superior than corporate-made movies as Disney's Star Wars sequels, then it shows how far the Star Wars franchise, under Disney's and Kathleen Kennedy's control, has fallen.

I know it has been a very long time since I came here, in the PT discussion forum. But let's say that, ever since I've watched The Last Jedi back in December 2017, I felt myself completely detached from the franchise and I stopped caring about it. But I'm somehow glad that people are appreciating more and more these days Lucas' work. You don't know the real value of something until it's gone.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  21. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Whatever the opinion of Ye is as a personality, he has always been a creative visionary in his music at least. Between conscious hip hop with soul samples, R&B-influenced ballads, industrial EDM, etc., so seeing his love for Lucas's SW is quite endearing to me from that perspective.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett, Jimbing and Sab Jo like this.
  22. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    I dont care what Kayne West says. The guy needs treatment.

Considering if the PT is better than the ST: Am I not allowed to like both? Because...I do!

Jimbing, Sab Jo and StartCenterEnd like this.
  23. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree.

Sab Jo likes this.
  24. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    Cool, at least Kanye lika the The Star Wars.

Sab Jo likes this.
  25. Sab Jo

Jul 2, 2013