main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Jin, Son of Perseus
    Sicarii?s Villa, Ko Vari

There was no breeze. Jin was nonetheless suddenly conscious of the elaborate robe and sash swaddling him. The silk and fine linen took on an oppressive weight. The walls of the courtyard towered ominously. And his stalk-eyed, supposed subordinate was snarling at him. He took up that same muted pose of an animal that?s just stumbled on the edge of its zoo enclosure. The inevitable tantrum followed.

At least his questions were answered now. To date, he?d done nothing but aggrandize Sicarii. The Hutt played dress up with the last Architect, and marched him around in a circus parody of something important. Indulged the requests for an extravagant wardrobe, and meanwhile raked in prestige from his acquisition. Gave him a few guns to play soldiers with, and in exchange would have the secrets of the past. Meanwhile, he?d found exactly none of his predecessors, made no safe space for those that would follow, and made minimal assessment of the new state of the Galaxy.

It stung. It was quiet, until the low hum of insects overtook them. The jovial din of the dinner table seemed impossibly distant. Jin knew that up until now, he?d been politically outmaneuvered. He knew, too, that he was still very much at Sicarii?s mercy. Changing things would require being much smarter than he had been to date. And yet, his pride wouldn?t let him follow that path. Not yet, anyway. Or not so quietly.

?Oh, I?ll have none for them,? he answered stiffly.

Returning to the main group, he announced, ?Something has come up. I have to take my leave of you all. I recommend you all take your rest as well. In the morning, the nature of our activities will change. We will begin our true work. If Rusudan would be so kind as to join me, I would greatly value her advice on some points of strategy.? Everyone present knew what he was about to ask.

TAG: Winged

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    Tython

Mischa tilted her head questioningly at Elora. Her sister had disappeared early in the evening and had now emerged into the courtyard with what felt like a non sequitur - 'ready?' Ready for what?

Where had she gotten that robe, anyway?

Mischa felt an odd feeling crawl up her heart. "Elora...?"

TAG: Sirak, Nick, Anne, Peng, Wing

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora
    Daughter of Ares

"Elora?" The uneasiness of her sister came before her words. Mischa, poor Mischa. Her eyeless sister had lead them here. The force had talked through her, but Elora knew Mischa was not yet ready to listen. It was not important. It was not the only way. Not Mischa´s way, probably. It was elora´s though. "Everything is alright, sister. Remember why we´re here. Because the force revealed we needed to come here, through you." Elora smiled and put her hand gently down on her shoulder. "All we need to do now is wait until it unravels why that is?" Looking to the others elora added in her mind, she also had to find out why the others had been lead here.

And she hoped she would not need to kill again. Although she somehow doubted the force was done with her yet. too much evil remained. Too much to protect the innocent from.

We´re meant ot be here. And that means, we´re most likely meant to meet this envoi." And with that she turned to the Caamasi. "I am Elora of Alderaan. What is your name?"

Tag: Winged, xany, others

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bakara
    Tython

Bakara resisted the urge to roll his eyes at Elora's fatalism. Did she really expect that to be enough of an answer for someone as curious as Mischa? Certainly, Bakara was beginning to notice something...different about the way she was speaking, about the way she was behaving, about her in general. Was something wrong? Had she changed? Was it for better, or worse?

Look at it like this - she's the same as before but the circumstances are different. That made sense. Something has happened but that doesn't mean she's changed. You've seen it before - that look, that glean - that special kind of madness that can grip someone. That fervour. It leads to something worse, something you know as zealotry - the stuff that cults are made of. Predestination, fatalism - these aren't your concerns and shouldn't be. If she's worried, then that's her problem - your problem is making sure she survives the present.

His logic made sense. He wasn't sure if he could call it logic, but he decided to continue on that tangent.

Make sure they're all safe. Even from themselves.

That thought felt right, for the moment it was in felt very alien and wrong.

The thoughts bothered him. He decided to move along. He turned to the speaker - the Caamasi? - and decided to take a less cavalier approach to introductions as Elora had.

"And who told you to find the children? Here we are. Explain."

Tag: Sirak, Xan, Anne, Winged

5. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Tython

Mischa was ... displeased.

Yes, it had been she who led them here. Yes, it had been she who introduced her sisters to the concept of the Force (or named it, anyway; Elora had probably started to use it before knowing what it was, as Mischa had). And yes, she used the Force all the time - how else could she see! But she hadn't meant for Elora to take it this far and start spouting nonsense about what was 'meant to be'.

Something had definitely happened down there at the dome. Mischa had wanted to ask her about it, several times, but the opportunity had never risen. No: there had been many opportunities, but Mischa had always found other things to do, because something held her curiosity back - something in her sister's bearing seemed to discourage questions.

And now she was leaving with this ... Caamasi ... leaving them. They were family! Family should stick together!

(not that they always had - Mischa and Vic had fought all the time back on Alderaan - but even so Mischa found herself missing him, just a little.)

The younger girl crossed her arms and tilted her head down at the floor. Clearly the others had accepted it, because Bakara merely went back to questioning their mysterious visitor, and anyway when Elora got an idea in her head there was no getting it out. Fine. That didn't mean she had to like it.

TAG: Wing, Sirak, Peng, Anne, Nick, (Mitth_Fisto)

Sulky Mischa is sulky. Sorry, I don't meant anything by it. :D

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Averagus Aniad II - Son of Theseus
    Tython

Ah, one yet listens with more than eyes. Do you see my son?

Yes, I see her casting glances, but what of the other so down? Perhaps instead of suspicions beyond she might presume suspicions within?

A waste of child of man, we do not question what we hear and see. . .for it is our reality in it's entirity. Forever to hear and see. . .only.
    The last they said as one as they floated out of the doorway to let those coming enter with their touch upon them, or rather to forgo the experience of others walking through them for a while longer.

Spinning to their mind like stars locked in a fatal exchange they twirled around the first, Elisthia, though yet they knew not her name. "After. . .after then." he whispered as he raced from one ear to the next before they shot off to the second that yet showed some possible inclination.

Stopping he sank into the ground until his mouth was at the level of her ear to whisper, "Let not sadness drown out reason, listen, feel, then discern without those emotional ties daughter of man. First we must listen." This he spoke to Mischa, though that name was yet beyond him, as he watched this odd congration of his past race.

When did you find a brain?

I guess it is I like a regenerative creature from lossing one.
    He quipped in return.

TAG: Wing, Sirak, Peng, Anne, Nick, Xan

7. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes
    Tython Estate

Elisthia?who still had not succeeded in locating the source of the strange voice?was again distracted from their guest by the arrival of Elora, and her brief conversation?if it could be called that?with Mischa, who did not seem particularly pleased with the exchange. Scrutinizing her younger sister for a moment before returning her attention once more to the Caamasi, Elisthia found herself wondering more and more about the change that had come over Elora, and she wasn?t quite sure how she felt about it?her sister was taking this Force thing very seriously.

Was she taking it too seriously? Elora did seem to put a lot of stock into this Force, and though Elisthia could not say that she did not trust her sisters? gift, she was not foolish enough to place her faith so fully, so unquestioningly, in something that she really knew very little about.

Despite the many thoughts going through her mind, Elisthia hadn?t forgotten the strange voice she?d heard?or thought she?d heard; no one else had shown any signs of hearing it?and now she heard it again: "After...after then."

Again, she glanced about, and again saw nothing she did not recognize. But she knew she?d heard something. Why did no one else seem to hear it? Surely Elisthia wasn?t losing her mind?

And ?after? what? What did that mean?

Tag: Peng, Nick, Xan, Sirak, (Mitth), Winged

8. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Tython

Mischa jumped and spun. There was a man next to her, whispering in her ear - where had he come from, and why hadn't she noticed him before? She had developed a bad habit in the Netherworld of simply tuning out people who weren't immediately demanding her attention, or whose attention she wanted - it had been too overwhelming otherwise, especially for a kid who had grown up in a small village knowing everyone's name. But surely she'dve noticed a refugee lurking in the corner ...

... especially a human refugee. Now that was even more puzzling. There had been no other humans at the ball, Mischa was positive - if there had been, she and her sisters wouldn'tve made such a stir. And surely if the Baron had another human guest, he would've mentioned it.

"Who are you?" she asked, frowning.

TAG: Wing, Mitth_Fisto, Anne, Sirak, Peng, Nick

My reasoning for this is that Mischa is seeing through the Force, and so Averagus would be visible to her (and appear completely normal) even though he's invisible to everyone else. That, and I get a little kick out of her apparently conversing with thin air. :D If there are any objections to this I'd be happy to edit, however.

9. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Hey guys and girls, Xany reminded me to return, and indeed it was overdue. But this is probably not what she was expecting. I am leaving the RPF, probably for good.

I have a confession to make: RPing has been a burden upon me for a while. It's happened twice before, but it didn't get better this time. I don't want to discuss personal matters, but suffice it to say that I've been going through a strange and difficult RL period. And unfortunately, the need to post here was beginning to compound my misery, melodramatic as that sounds. This is no one else's fault. The players in this game are all highly talented and often inspiring writers. It's a personal problem that I wish I could be rid of.

Believe me when I say I feel a strong sense of obligation to you all. I have worked very hard to earn my reputation here over the course of seven years. To have to throw it away like this hurts me very much. And a story unfinished is practically a sin. I am enormously grateful for the time you have put into your characters. But I'm sure you understand that my investment into this game is necessarily much larger than any individual player- and it has begun to take a serious toll on my own happiness.

Part of the problem is that I foresee no natural end to this game. My Fates have turned out to be very poorly planned in terms of an RL timeline. We're not even halfway through them. Even at our peak posting rate, I believe we would have needed several years to complete the story satisfactorily. The other option would have been an extremely rushed final act. I take full responsibility for the way this has worked out, of course.

Very few games in the history of the RPF have ever made it this far and in such style. The journey to this point has been a highly enjoyable one, I think, regardless of what might have been. Please take that sentiment away with you at least, no matter what else you may feel.

Thank you,
    Winged

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.