main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Man Robs 7-Eleven w/ Klingon Sword

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RnRJedi007, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Man Robs 7-Eleven w/ Klingon Sword
    I guess he didnt have money for a Big Bite & Big Gulp.LOL!!!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/18637190/detail.html#

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Colorado Springs police are looking for a man who hit two 7-Eleven convenience stores early Wednesday, armed with a Klingon sword.

The first robbery was reported at 1:50 a.m., at 145 N Spruce St. The clerk told police a white man in his 20s, wearing a black mask, black jacket, and blue jeans, entered the store with a weapon the clerk recognized from the Star Trek TV series.

The robber demanded money and left with an undisclosed amount.

A half hour later, police received a call from a 7-Eleven at 2407 N. Union Blvd., where a man matching the previous description entered the store with a similar weapon. He also demanded money from the store clerk. The clerk refused and the robber "transported" himself out of the store on foot.

Both clerks described the weapon as a Star Trek Klingon-type sword, called a "Batleth" or "bat'leth."

Neither clerk was injured in the robberies.

Officers are reviewing the surveillance tapes from inside the store but Lt. David Whitlock said he does not plan to release the video or photographs "at this time." Police sometimes release surveillance video or photographs in an effort to identify a suspect.

The Startrek.com Web site describes the Klingon weapon as crescent-shaped and about a yard long. It has points on both ends, two points in between and a handle on the outside.

Police said they don't know if the sword used by the robber was made of metal.

Klingons were warlike enemies of the good-guy United Federation of Planets in the original "Star Trek" series but were allies in "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

2. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I don't know how i feel about this. I mean it's crazy, but also funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.