main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mandalorian Protectors

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats why i also tweeted Pablo.

2. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Well Filoni did say there would be stuff revealed about the Mandalorians we didn't know so it could be promising.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Something to note all the Mandos we have seen have different paint jobs.

Yes!!

4. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Could either mean 1. They are original and unique character besides Fenn Rau or 2. We just haven't see the character models used multiple times :/ I'm still interested to know who that old looking Mando in black gear we saw in the NYCC trailer is. Cause if the guy in the Gauntlet Fighter from the preview is Fenn Rau then he must be different. Also many explosions with Mandalorians present in that new trailer... Yeah I doubt them and the Ghost Crew will be on best of terms. Ironic considering the episode description said that they needed to ask permission to use some hyperspace routes. Fantastic diplomacy Specters.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So he is not a Mandalorian protector but just the Protector of Concord Dawn and he works for the empire.

6. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    As expected. Gonna just copy paste what I said in another thread. Ugggghhhh more ******* Mandalorians. I swear the new canon Mandalorians can't get a break without looking like evil lap dogs to whoever. He even says "I serve the Empire." What ever happened to the Mandalorians hating the Empire? WTF?? Not saying I liked the old EU Mandos (they had their problems) but in the new canon, everyone of them just seems to be a complete dip****. Pre Vizsla had a lot of redeeming qualities (such as being a hardcore I beat up Jedi for fun badass), let's hope Fenn Rau fares the same. I already like his armor, his ship and his accent. So it's a start lol.

I don't expect much from this episode, but seriously if Sabine or Kanan or Ezra or anyone else in the Ghost Crew take these guys down as casually as Stormtroopers I'm gonna lose it. They've already lowered my expectations enough with making them just another enemy the rebels have. What ever happened to the Mandalorians as their own faction? Come on they were a unique faction that actually seemed deadly and a lot more complicated than just "kill rebels, oppress scum" why mess it up??? Agggghhh I'm sorry I just can't handle this, what with TCW leaving us hanging with the Siege Of Mandalore and now this, I just really needed to get this out.
    Rant over...

Bardan Edit: Language

Jaster Vhett likes this.
  7. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm wondering if the dialogue we hear from Sabine about house of Wren isn't her talking to the protector, and that is what affords the rebels an opportunity to get on planet to talk.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe Almec switched sides(again as he's a snake) or those serving under Bo-Katan pro-Republican anti-Mauldalorian Death Watch resistance became pro-Imperials.

9. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Well from what I gathered from the short collection of clips at the end of tonight's episode, the next episode's description and the clip at the end of Rebels Recon, this is what I think will go down: They go to Concord Dawn to try to get access to hyperspace routes (could be a reference to KOTOR era Mandalorians, since they were know to control the important hyperspace routes), they meet Fenn and co. above Concord Dawn and Fenn (unfortunately) reveals he works for the Empire. Hera and Sabine shoot down one of the other pilots and they proceed to land on the planet. They sneak around and Sabine shouts out her Clan/House and the Mandalorians invite the rebels to a "duel" to prove that they can stand up to the Empire. Fighting ensues and the rebels mop the floor with an army of professional soldiers trained from childhood to fight. Yay.

That would be quite hypocritical of Bo. "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!" Proceeds to let outsiders rule Mandalore.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  10. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm sure they'll give the Mandos more respect than the Stormtroopers, especially since Sabine is a Mandalorian herself.

But, as far as I remember, Mandos dropped like flies in TCW too.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If this group were allowed to keep their unique gear and own vehicles then its likely this group of Mandalorian warriors became allies or satellite puppets and auxiliaries of some sort to the Empire. Otherwise really they should all be wearing standard Imperial gear and being under & following standard command I would think since Mandalore is an Imperial possession and occupied apparently where the populace faces conscription like on all other Imperial worlds.

12. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    The Mandalorians in The Clone Wars always put up a good fight. And they were always fighting someone extremely better than they were. Like Obi-Wan. The only time we really see them all get killed a lot is in The Lawless but that was all vs each other. And then in Son Of Dathomir they get **** on by the CIS but it's arguable that they would have won of Grievous Coke in and send reinforcements.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    His line is "Out here, I act in the name of the Empire." So I'm guessing he's just hired to do a job, or there's some catch to it.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Again, I'm hoping this is the case. If it is that him and the Concord Dawn Mandolorians are just being hired to work for the Empire then I can tolerate it, nice little reference back to there True Mandalorians. But then it confuses me because some where it was claimed that the Empire "outlawed their mercenary ways".

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe the Empire said, "Work for us or don't work for anyone."

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Work for us or don't work ever again is more like it.

17. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Seems like it. Also the new clip for the episode :D My reactions-

Oh my God I love it! Already some new Mando-lore (see what I did there... I'm sorry). First they are already showing more competence than Stormtroopers, they found Sabine and managed to hold her without her killing all of them. Also the armor they have looks amazing. Then calling the Death Watch traitors. Now this confuses me. Is the group we're seeing the incarnation of the True Mandalorians? Could they be referring to one of the Death Watch splinter groups? And Sabine's mother. Bo-Katan or Rook Kast... It's got to be one of them. But who's her father then??

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What if it is Pre Vizla?

Mind ****.

19. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I kinda went over in another thread why Pre Vizlsa probably wouldn't be her dad. My original though is because of Sabine's physical appearance, she's a lot darker than most Mandalorians. But in the new clip she says only her mother was Death Watch. Who was her father? If it's a new character I sorta want it to be the leader of the new canon True Mandalorians.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was joking, but I am calling it now Sabine's mother is Rook Kast.

Also I wonder if by Mandalore she means Mandalore as in a person or there planet.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Both maybe? I mean is there even a Mandalore now? Maul won that title but he's still an outsider and left.

22. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Aargh, all these answers I need! We know hardly ANYTHING about Sabine, but we learned more in that preview than we did in all of Blood Sisters.

23. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm going to assume she meant the government of Mandalore as in Almec or whoever is in control now.

24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, but Almec might be a puppet of the Empire? I'm assuming he is at least, it's not like that man stays loyal to people for long.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe if he shows up people can complain about his purple eyes like they did with Ketsu.