main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean the characters who dosen't appear in other media has more chance to appear in live action then not and Filoni has long said he has plans for her when deciding not to kill her off in clone wars, Fallen order guys said their inqusitor was not Barris and that might be because they cound't use her. Filoni had his one chance to do it in Rebels but chose not to, rather same specie.If there's one project she could appear in it's the Filoni one.

Gallandro007 likes this.
  2. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I feel if they really had any intentions of continuing to expand her story they really would have in Rebels. This show is going to be a spiritual successor to Rebels anyway and Barriss wasn't in Rebels. And she was barely even in TCW either.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    SyndicThrass and JediBatman like this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But she in Clone wars arcs close with Ahsoka, so it makes sense in a way for her to return in Ahsoka show, Rebels Ahsoka wasen't the focus and was barely in it.

4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    If they bring Barriss back.. will it be the actress from the Prequels or a new one?

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think a new one for this show.

6. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I expect we’ll see Ahsoka, Anakin, Sabine, Hera, Jacen (to some limited degree.) Ezra, Thrawn, maybe Rex and maybe Captain Pellaeon.

And that’s already more established characters than Mando’s 2 seasons and Book of Boba Fett so far. I don’t think we’ll get a plethora of Clone Wars/Rebels/Tim Zahn characters across what’s likely to be six episodes. They can’t just expect that the viewers know all these characters and have seen a combined 11 seasons of animated television.

JediBatman likes this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah Ashoka gonna have to find a good balance of how much pre-requesit goes into it, unless they wanna have the POV character be someone completely new (Which i'm all for)

I know for myself I'm a bit more okay with pre-requesits being other On-Screen material given that it's ALL on Disney + and easy to access. But a book/comic which may be harder to find (In the far future most likely not now obviously) that is a bit different.

Like I'm not NOTHING from the books will come into Screen because obviously we are seeing that happen. But i'm a bit more skeptical when it comes to things like Vanto being important for this story.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2022
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see Eli Vanto appear for an episode like cobb vanth. And we get Clone Wars and Rebels characters in this and it will almost work like a Rebels continnued story. I love if Doctor Aphra appeared in live action soon one day. I think this show will likley have around 7-8 episodes and since this is the only mini seires of the Mando spin offs hope most if not all are more in the 50 minute mark.

9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016

Lucasfilm can’t expect a huge audience to fully invest hundreds of hours to watch something like 250 episodes of combined animation to understand what’s going on in their new live action show. I think it’s unreasonable and if they did that the audience would be lost and eventually tune out.

They have to make this show with the notion that, at most, people have seen the Mandalorian and the films. They can’t really pretend that this is Rebels 2 or Clone Wars 3, it has to be its own thing that can be understood easily enough.

With the books, that’s a whole other thing. I don’t expect any of Zahn’s new concepts to factor into Filoni’s own saga, beyond informing Thrawn’s motivations via dialogue and maybe (maaaaybe) acknowledging that Thrawn knew Anakin. I actually think we’re more likely to see 90s era Zahn creations show up than the new ones.

JediBatman likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh I'm sure they'll figure out a way, one example is again some of these characters being cast are brand new characters to be the Audience Surrogate characters.

Vialco likes this.
  11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m certain they will. It’s exactly that confidence that makes me think they won’t spam the show to hell and back with characters and plot points from animated series only a small portion of the audience will have seen.

JediBatman likes this.
  12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean outside of Ezra the only other characters i expect to see are maybe Hera and Rex and even then it maybe just for a short period of time.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Hera and Rex i think be in this, I think this might be last we see of Rex and have Tem play him in a big role. Ahsoka/Sabine/Thrawn/Ezra as leads of this show. captain Palleon and others that we see with Thrawn. Jacen Syndulla in small cameo role.

14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah, I expect the show to feature mostly new characters like we’ve gotten in Mando and BoBF. I don’t think we’ll see Luke in the show either, at least not in a large role.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh totally.

Like I think the fact they went with Deep Fake Luke in Mando Season 2 means that he's gonna be showing up sparingly, otherwise they would have recasted him and announced a Luke Spin-Off show right out the gate.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think a small scene with Ahsoka, Anakin and Luke might happen in season finale.

JediFett10 likes this.
  17. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    at the vary least they will have to explain why a bird keeps following Ahsoka to the casuals

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    AusStig likes this.
  18. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    It's not something that raises questions. She just has a bird that follows her.

The moment you start trying to explain it is when people will get lost.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Just explain it is her guide

20. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It was barely even in the Mando ep, there’s nothing to explain.

JediBatman likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But it will be more in the Ahsoka show

22. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    With all the claims you’ve made about this show, it’ll be 120 hours long and feature more unrelated characters and subplots than a Russian novel.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Many og those i mentioned dosent need more then few minutes of screen time like any tv show.

24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    You’re suggesting characters, concepts and storylines that haven’t been shown in live action Star Wars before that are reliant heavily on either many of episodes of many different animated series, or several lengthy novels. It’s not going to cover and touch on all of that.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Im just putting in suggestion witch might get covered in this show not all of them.